“Perfect vacation spot”

Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Long Island, New York
“Perfect vacation spot”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I booked Tree house for the month of February and asked for a room with a kitchen.I went with my significant other and met other friends down there. It worked out perfectly. When I didn't partake in the fabulous buffet breakfast, I cooked a nice healthy breakfast in my kitchen and also lunch. Most nights I went out to dinner but it felt like being home knowing I could cook what I wanted, when I wanted,. The staff was most helpful- everything I asked for I got- ie. extra pots, pans, plates, microwave etc. The hotel food was very good and very reasonable.The massage girls on the beach gave awesome massages and I treated myself to a couple a week. There were plenty of beach chairs and towels and all in all, the experience was a good one. I've already booked my room there for next February. The owner, Gail, was very friendly and down to earth and did everything to make my stay a good one.There was a bread fruit tree outside my door and the staff helped pick me some- I made fried bread fruit and a "potato salad" with it-It was a great treat and something I can't get back in New York!. The maids were very friendly and took good care of me. I am looking foward to next year there!

Room Tip: All the rooms are different and some come with kitchens. The room I had last February was towards th...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Finnish first
nyc
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Second time staying at the Tree House and even better. Staff is very friendly and helpful (I didn't have my own shampoo and conditioner and the housekeeper brought me new bottles). Loved the massage on the beach and hearty breakfast. Front desk very accommodating on all accounts (room change, money change, taxis, internet use). Bar scene could use some "postive vibrations", even some live music like the rest of the hotels on the beach. Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: request a room away from the main road, which gets very noisy. Rooms in first block (1-4) are best.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank cas08
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The Treehouse resort was a blast! The location was awesome, as well as the staff. Bradley and Patrick held down the sea side bar. Drinks were strong and affordable. The lady's upstairs in the dining area Kesha and Stacy were super professional and sweet. I felt very secure at night leaving $3,000 in the safe as we walked up and down the beach. There was almost always someone at gate in front then Stone was the the beach and lobby security guard. All in all a wonderful stay. The only downside at the treehouse resort is the beds, there like concrete! I guess things can't be perfect :)

• Stayed March 2012
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Easy check in, very friendly staff, free Internet in the lobby, jerk hut and bar/restaurant right on the beach. Very relaxing and great value for money. Big thank you to Irvin, the security guard, for looking after us, giving us advice and making sure we were safe. Also a big thanks to Maurice who was friendly and great to talk to. You will encounter a multitude of vendors who are selling anything and everything. They all have fantastic memories and know that you are new on the beach. All will ask you if you want what they are selling and when you say no they just move on without fuss. They do not bother again that day. Regardless if you say no, you eventually will end up with necklaces, bracelets, jet ski rides, etc... This is all part of the experience and if you embrace it you will feel more at ease. Don't try calling their bluff by saying "maybe tomorrow" as they will remember and find you the next day. The rooms were simple and
clean. You will hear music from Margaritaville well after midnight so be prepared and when that stops the music continues with all the insects in the trees. Don't let this spoil your holiday though.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Calypso501
Reviewed 17 April 2012

From the time of our arrival the staff was very friendly, helpful, & prompt during the duration of our trip. The rooms were always clean. Breakfast was great every am. I would recommend others to here at Treehouse. I can't wait to back!!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Misstlj
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My family and I stayed from 3/29- 4/4. The beach is beautiful and we had a very large garden suite with 2 rooms. We did not rent an ocean room to avoid the bar noise but it did not help. Margariteville, a nearby adult bar, had a party on Saturday from 4pm-3am. Earplugs did not help. You could feel the base vibrating in your sternum. While my husband & I were furious (because we had been told noise would not be a problem before we booked) our kids were just cranky and it ruined a day of our vacation. We also paid 3 x more than everyone else we talked to who seemed to be on Living Social vouchers. We had 2 bathrooms and showers, but you could only get hot water in one at a time. The rooms were clean but have seen better days, even the renovated ones. Definitely bring your own toiletries (the only one provided was an all in one bath, body, soap and shampoo in a wall dispenser). Towels were in short supply on the beach. Lots of ants in the rooms, but it is the Caribbean. The breakfast buffet was very good, but the line got very long because they do not have separate lines for people waiting for omellettes and waffles vs the ready made buffet items. Be sure to try the ginger syrup. Staff was very friendly. Beware for your kids that lots of adults smoke cigarettes and the smell of marijuana is present 24/7. Lots of people selling stuff on the beach, but security was good about having people move on if they were too aggressive. Low point, was when our 12 yr old son was approached by a prostitute. High point was taking the kids to visit a local school and deliver school supplies and books, and snorkeling.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Maddy003
Tucker, Georgia
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed at the Treehouse with a girlfriend March 30 - April 4. This was my second visit and stay at Treehouse. We stayed in a one bedroom suite, and it was very comfortable, clearn, and accommodating. As usual, the staff were friendly, helpful, and exhibited great work ethics and customer service. The breakfast buffet was the usual but good, and I looked forward to the the morning meals with a view of the beautiful carribean. I absolutely will stay at the treehouse on future visits, as the 7-mile beach has been a wonderful respite and vacation spot for me. I am a middle-aged, yet youthful and very active woman, and I enjoyed the guest mix. I also appreciated being at a facility that was low key yet connected guests with great water sports and excursions. I love the private and respectful atmosphere of Treehouse and have no complaints.

Room Tip: Suites are wonderful! Stove and refrigerator is great considering cost of meals after breakfast.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends