Being that this was our first trip to Jamaica, our first all-inclusive and our first all adult resort, I was very concerned about the money I was spending and if we were going to get the quality and amenities we expected. From the moment we passed immigration and stepped into the Couples lounge, I knew I didn't have to worry any longer. We enjoyed as much ice cold Red Stripe Light we wanted while we waited for the bus. The bus driver was a great tour guide. We learned so much about Jamaica and their culture. The landscape on the trip was beautiful!!
The resort was an absolute dream! I was so amazed! One thing I wanted more than anything before my trip was recommendations. So, here are mine...
1. If you are planning your trip and don't have dates yet, every year on October 7th the resort celebrates their anniversary. By accident, we happened to land on this event and we were just blown away! The entire resort transforms into an all out food and fun extravaganza! Don't miss it!
2. Don't miss the catamaran. They play live music and entertainment. They serve amazing mixed drinks, but its also a relaxing cruise with breathtaking views of the sunset.
3. Take advantage of the minibar. They'll stock it with most anything you want. All you need to do is request it. Then spend a quite night or afternoon on your patio with a cocktail.
4. Request a room away from the Palms. They rock all night and thank goodness we were just exhausted at the end of each day, but if you were looking for a quiet night, you won't get it there.
5. Book your reservation at Lemon Grass on talent show night. That is great fun to still on the balconey and dine while watching a fun, energentic show!
6. This is a great tip that I got from Trip Advisor. If you plan on enjoying relaxing days on the beach with an ice cold beverage, bring your own insulated mug/cup from home. Otherwise, your ice cold beverage will be luke warm within 20 minutes. We brought cups that came with hard plastic straws for the fruity drinks and they lasted until the last sip! Not only that, but the little cheap, plastic cups that they bar provides you with only holds half the amount of drink, which has you going back more often. Yes, they do have flag service, but you still have to wait a while. It's all that attentive.
7. Even though it was all-inclusive, I brought a few snacks/candy that I wanted to enduldge in for convenience sake. If you do this, put it all in the fridge. The humidity melted everything and I ended up tossing it within a day or two. Boo!
8. This should have been higher on the list, but I got excited with all the other suggestions. I would definitely attend the site tour at the beginning of your trip. We found out a lot of great things that helped us plan our stay accordingly.
Ok, well, that's all I can think of right now. If you've already decide on this resort, you won't be disappointed. If you haven't decided, what are you waiting for?! Book today. You won't regret it! Get ready to be swept away!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril