What a fabulous place to unwind. We stayed for a week in February before transferring to another Couples hotel for a second week. The attraction of this hotel was the long sandy beach on which the hotel has a wide frontage, with a good choice of different restraurants to eat in. Restaurants varied in cusine, ambiance and taste. Resort layout is excellent, with no rooms too far from the beach and with dining options at each end of the property rather than mixed in among the rooms.
Palms restaurant is very good, mainly buffet or cooked while you wait, but still excellent quality. This restaurant also featured the main entertainment stage so after you have eaten you can stay at your table for the show which starts at 9:15 most evenings. Upstairs from the Palms is the Martini Bar and the Lemon Grass Thai restaurant, both equally worth the visit. Great variety of Martini cocktails to suite all tastes and the Thai restuarant features outside dining or mezzanine dining overlooking the entertainment stage. All this is at the North end of the resort and is where we mainly went for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Only real defiiciency at this end of the resort was the lack of a separate bar to sit in for evening drinks.
At the south end of the resort is the Patois patio restaurant which is nosiy and echoes a lot and was table service only for breakfast and dinner, not such a good option in my view and we avoided it. Behind this is the Feathers restaurant with good food, but no ambiance at all. Might just as well have been sitting in a doctors waiting room. Feathers could do with more interesting decor and some background music. Upstairs in this complex is the casino (for those interested in throwing money away) and the night club / piano bar for those who want to party late.
Other food and drink options along the beach provided easy options for fast food or healthy food (your choice) with the fast food venue seeming open until the last person leaves. For those with no resitance to temptation try to avoid the help your self ice cream dispenser at the beach bar and the Red Stribe serve your self beer tap at the healthfood bar.
If you want to eat at either of the reservations only restaurants, get your bookings in early to get best choice of times and tables.
Across the road was an excellent sport complex with it own bar, spa, gym, pool, etc. On the subject of the Spa, the prices are silly prices, if they reduced them by half I am sure they would be busy. But most of the time the spa staff seemed to have little to do.
Beach facilities were excellent although in a whole week we were unable to go night snorkelling because of lack of enough people or the feablest of excuses that the boat needed repair - this was the one disappointment in the week. This resort had more than one boat and a sister resort just up the coast. Hard to believe they could not find a boat to take six people out night snorkelling. Don't miss the the sunset cruise (although it gets back before sunset - so just think of it as a booze cruise). Best place to sit in my view is on the trampoline web at the front rather than squeezing down in the seating at the back.
Not too much else to do off the beach although we did a trip to Ricks' cafe for the cliff diving just to say that we had been out of the resort other than walking along the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril