We went to Couples Swept Away for the second time and fell in love all over again. This time we took another couple with us and they fell in love along with us. First trip we had a great room with a partial ocean view and this time we had a garden room. It doesn't matter which room your in, because they are all beautiful. We loved our patio in the gardens.
There is so much to do and see that is included with your stay. They have a sunset cruise (a must do...amazing!), snorkelling, a glass bottom boat, trips to Margaritaville, Negril and Rick's Cafe. We walked to Margaritaville, as it is only about a five minute walk on the beautiful beach.
If you love the ocean, then this is your resort. It is the most beautiful beach we have ever been on, and one of the reasons we will keep going back. Each chair has a floatie on the back and we had a great time with them one day we had waves in the ocean. The sunsets are spectacular!
The staff are all very friendly and outgoing. One of the staff went by our room every morning, going back and forth many times delivering continental breakfasts (included) to other rooms and asked us our names, so she could say good morning to us since we were always out on our patio having coffee. Very friendly people. and very upbeat.
Our return dinner was amazing and meeting the manager at champagne and cocktails before was awesome. He tried to talk to everyone there, and we felt privileged when he stopped to ask us how our trip was and if there was anything he could do for us.
My husband is a picky eater, but had no problem finding something to eat for every meal. I loved it all. Breakfast is amazing at the buffet, and we enjoyed Feathers again this year. The other couple with us went to Lemon Grass and loved it. They also have a vegetarian bar with sushi and sandwiches. The snack bar by the swim-up pool has amazing jerk chicken among other snacks. Delicious for a quick lunch or a late snack.
We had fun at all the bars, the beach bars, the swim-up bar, and the piano bar.
Across the street, they have a spa, work-out centre and serve delicious smoothies at the bar there.
Our one complaint and it's extremely minor, is the toaster in the buffet for breakfast. They definitely need a new one (or two). It only toasted one side at a time and burnt it the second time through. Like I said, very very minor. When people complain about the prices of sunscreen? or the price of photos? free alcohol in the room fridge? Wow! We had no trouble with finding a chair on the beach at any time of day, we took our own sunscreen, we ordered a calendar of sunset pictures for $60 dollars (our choice, a fantastic deal, we think) and enjoyed the ice cold beer and spirits now available in each and every room. This is an added bonus from our last trip. We are Canadians, not Americans and they treated us and whomever we met with nothing but respect, and we noticed no favoritism toward any one group or nationality. AND we tip simply because the service is just that good! We are also in recession, like everyone else, but do not expect the islands to compensate for our economy.
We absolutely love everything about this resort and intend to return next year for our 15th Anniversary. Can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril