I suppose it’s fairly clear that since we have been at SATP 4 times (will be 5 in September 2012), we must enjoy it! This time we took 2 others couples to experience the reort.
We went back for our 5 year anniversary, and it’s still like coming to our second home. Kenroy's immediate greeting is always great - he truly makes us feel that he is excited to see us. The complete staff is the reason we keep coming back. We did miss Omar, but we will see you next year! The Captain (esroy) , Kirk, Rory, Oshane (welcome back!),45, Mel, all make getting your drinks entertaining. Randy on the beach and Clevon at the beach or the pool keep things in order and are some of our favorites to take some time and talk to about nothing or everything. Was good to see Ruddy dances as well as he cooks! Sifford takes care of all of your dining needs, at the buffet or the Ala Carte – and Venroy is a wonderful server. Be sure to visit Opal frequently at the beach grill – everything she makes is fantastic! Its hard not to mention all of our friends at the resort, but it truly is what makes the resort the best we have been to.
You may find better spots I the Caribbean that do pieces better than SATP, but when you consider the reasonable price, the beautiful ground, good food and amazing staff – it can’t be beat. On our anniversary everyone was wishing us well – its sometimes almost surprising that they know!
A few external recommendations: For transportation, Mark is a great guy. We have used his services now many times and has become a good friend. He parks right in front of the resort (Blue Toyota wagon) many times when he is free and will set up anything you need. He took us to “Firewater Love Nest” for drinks and the sunset – a perfect place on the west end cliffs!
If you are on the fence, please book the trip. When you get there, engage the staff and have a great time – its hard not to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort