All reviewsspa treatmentsevery morningbreakfast and dinnergroup retreatmassage therapistcaribbean seadeep tissue massagewaves crashingmain buildingcouples massagethe cliffjackieswellnesspaulettegoddessjamaicaseclusion
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I traveled solo to Jackie's on the Reef on Thanksgiving weekend 2011. It was one of the best decisions of my life. I have never felt so relaxed, and at peace as I did when visiting Jackie's on the Reef. My room was open and spacious allowing me to feel at one with nature, and the food was delicious, and nutritious. I loved the opportunity to try Yoga for the first time, and meet some of the nicest people in the world. Jackie the owners, has a kind, and healing spirit that makes you feel like family. Actually, I feel Jackie's on the Reef is my home away from home. It is a place where you can set life's priorities in order and regroup. I definitely plan on visiting Jackie's again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Sandra K
Reviewed January 10, 2012

It was a gift to have been able to stay at Jackie's and an honor to have met her. The experience was peaceful and relaxing. The setting was beautiful and the staff was welcoming. Food was delicious and tea with honey from Jackie's own apiary was a delightful treat. I have to echo what the other reviewers have said about it feeling like home...one I will have to visit again and often.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank GSCnyc
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I never could have imagined how rejuvenating and relaxing my five day stay would have been over the New Year. Jackie is a pioneer, entrepreneur, healer and extraordinary hostess. This retreat was EXACTLY what I needed to end a hectic and challenging year. I feel renewed and the entire experience was somewhat surreal.

Jackie’s is truly inspiring. She has been operating her guest house/spa for 24 years. The view is magnificent and the gourmet meals are nutritious and delicious. It is a sacred place for mind, body and spirit to recharge, sleep and meditate. The grounds are a complete quiet zone. The only sounds are the soothing lull of the ocean and the select meditative music in stereo. Breakfast and dinner is transformed into a community family affair with friendly conversations with fellow guests. Rooms are spacious and staff are warm and friendly. Jackie's on the Reef is a home that I want to live in forever. Thank you so much Jackie. I’ll be back soon come.
Keisa-

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Keisa D
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I have just returned home after a two month vacation in Jamaica. It was an incredible experience!! I didn't know too much about Jamaica before I went, but I can easily say that all of my expectations were exceeded. During my time there I stayed at four different hotels, but my stay at Jackie´s was undoubtebly the highlight. I immediately felt right at home there and everyone working there was so welcoming and nice. I had booked one week when I checked in, but quickly realized that I needed to stay yet another week. :)

I stayed in the little cottage which I loved. The outdoor bathroom with shower was fabulous. Nothing beats brushing your teeth outside with a warm breeze on your face and flowers all around you.

Everyday there was a treat. Getting the yummy morning coffee prepared by Ranger, doing yoga with Jessica or Jackie, the healthy and beautiful breakfasts down by the water, snorkelling on the reef with so many different fishes, Gwen´s delicious fruit smoothies and the delightful dinners together with interesting conversations and many laughs. Not to mention all the relaxing and excellent treatments provided by Tanya and Francis. Even though I travelled on my own, I never felt alone when staying at Jackie´s. If you are looking for some time to relax, reflect and get away from it all - Jackie´s is the place to go!

Meeting Jackie herself was also something I will carry with me for the rest of my life. A truly fabolous and astonishing woman with so many great stories, life lessons, insight and humour. Thank you for everything and I yes, I am still breathing from my stomach. :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2011

So many nice things to say about Jackie's - excellent meals, candlelight dinners on the veranda,
yoga sessions and yoga instructor AMAZING. Always felt great afterwards. Coffee with cinnamon every morning - delicious. Thank you Ranger-you're a sweetheart. All the staff very sweet - felt at home. Loved that cell phones prohibited - truly a relaxing 5 days. Only gripe: last day of my stay, phone on veranda was ringing a bit too much. Kind of broke the spell of tranquility that I had experienced so far. I definitely would recommend Jackie's and I hope to go back.

Room Tip: My room faced the ocean. Room was clean, spacious and colorful. Only issue: mattress was very uncomfortable. I wish I had spoken up. Otherwise, room was lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo