“Wonderful!”

Jackie's on the Reef
Ranked #33 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Wonderful food and beautiful setting. Yoga each morning, with Jessica, was the best ever. I had daily massage treatments and I recommend the Hot Stones and Hot Bamboo treatments as well as the Seaweed Scrub. My friends enjoyed the Reflexolgy and manicure/pedicure treatments. The ladies doing the treatments were super. The only thing missing was Jackie, who was in the states having dental work. Wish she was there. Everything else was just as I had expected and wanted.

Room Tip: The dome is spectacular. Our roms in the main building were also good. Pick the two rooms that are n...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank luvtybee
jackiesonthereef, Manager at Jackie's on the Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Hello luvtybee,
I am very sorry I was not there to greet you on your arrival, but as you mentioned, dental work called me to the States. Jessica is a very good yoga instructor and we’re proud to have her as a staff member.
Thanks for commenting on some of the treatments we offer, and we’re all very happy to hear that your expectations and needs were met. Our commitment to excellent customer service is something we pride ourselves on.

From Management and staff thank you.
Jackie

Reviewed 4 June 2012

We booked our vacation at Jackie's through a Living Social voucher which we'd never done before and having been to Negril only once we were unsure of the location of her resort. Between the two we were a little apprehensive about the trip and whether it would be everything we were hoping for. We worried needlessly. From the moment we stepped foot on the premises, we immediately felt a strong sense of calm and tranquility. We were greeted by a very friendly and welcoming house staff and shown to our room. All rooms are open-air with great breezes flowing through from the Caribbean Ocean along with the sounds of the crashing waves. There are no televisions and cell phones are not allowed on the property. Jackie encourages total peace and serenity which was everywhere in abundance. Mornings are started with a delicious cup of tea or coffee, prepared and delivered by Ranger and followed by a complimentary yoga class performed in the open-air veranda in full view of the ocean. Breakfast was always fresh, healthy and delicious as was dinner (both are included in your price), prepared with fresh fruits, vegetable and herbs grown right on the premises. Guests dine together family style and we enjoyed stimulating coversation and many laughs. Jackie's offers an array of spa treatments and my friend and I both indulged in the body scrub, which was done in the open-air hut near the ocean. Awesome! During our stay, Carol took great care of us while Jackie was away and she made some great suggestions for things to do when we wanted to go out. The last night we all went out together to a wonderful jazz and dinner show to celebrate another guest's birthday. Great call, Carol! During the last morning of our trip, while sitting on the veranda trying to memorize every detail of our surroundings and dreading having to leave, nature put on a show for us. We saw hummingbirds fluttering through nearby trees, butterflies, beautiful tropical birds and geckos. It was truly hard to leave but we know we will return again--just as soon as possible!

Room Tip: Since Jackie's is a very small, intimate resort with only a few rooms, there really are no "...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Janet D
jackiesonthereef, Front Office Manager at Jackie's on the Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at Jackie's on the Reef. It means a lot to me and the staff. I will share your review with them. I am so glad that you enjoyed your meals, the wonderful things nature has to offer and your massage, wish I was having one right now. I can always rely on Carol and Ranger to treat our guest extra special, they are two wonderful people. Sorry I missed the opportunity to meet you, maybe next time.

Jackie

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I came to Jackie's looking to just rest a little and get my head on straight... and instead I found total relaxation!!! I still can't believe that I really found this wonderful place in the world. It's small... it's quaint... it's delicious... its nurturing... it's spiritual... it's beautiful! Jackie loves life and her spa guesthouse presents just that. People come from near and far to experience the healing and wellness that is offered at Jackie's on the Reef... also to share interesting conversations at lovely dinner settings. I left there feeling refreshed and rejuvenated - mind, body, and spirit... and I'll be back!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank CY O
jackiesonthereef, Owner at Jackie's on the Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Thank you for such a wonderful review. You were ready for what we have to offer and it was great serving you.

peace

Reviewed 13 May 2012

I was looking for a combination of unique hotel, yoga, and the ocean. I have to say I found more than that. I was picked up at the airport (and anyone you is thinking about renting a car, please think twice), and the minute I entered Jackie's property I felt peace already. I stayed for 6 days in the little cottage. I was impressed with the details in the room, from fresh flowers to pictures; and not to forget the outdoor bathroom. Don't expect luxury in the sense of air conditioner, bath tub, ...- for me the luxury was listening to the ocean at night, having a look at beautiful trees while I was taking a shower. Walking underneath almond trees to the main building or feeling the brise during the night, looking at the ocean while having breakfast, .... Jackie and her whole team were so welcoming and they made my trip so special. They accomodated my special diet from the minute I got there. And the food is just unbelievable. Not only healthy and natural foods, but I have never seen certain fruits in my life, but they were so delicious. The yoga classes were gentle and for everyone. I found time for meditation, I had wonderful massages (my favorite: bamboos massage). If you are open for a journey to find yourself, this is it. I am traveling quite a bit to different yoga places, but this was the one I felt peace, well rested, renewed at the end. Jackie inspired me to continue the journey I started on Jamaica. I will never forget this trip...

Room Tip: every room is unique and special...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Katja K

Thank you for such a wonderful review nature is a wonderful healing vessel if we can allow ourselves to be still and enjoy the beauty of it. from your review, you obviously got what we have to offer. Continue your journey

Reviewed 3 May 2012

After months of research, I chose to kick-off 10 days in Negril at Jackie's and I can not say that we were disappointed AT ALL except when we had to leave and go to our next place. Jackie's was incredible! It is a place to truly unwind, relax, enjoy healthy food and treat yourself right. From the moment you arrive and I mean moment you arrive, you are greeted with a massage to the moment you leave, it is all about relaxation and de-stressing. I simply can not wait to go back and have already started looking at the calendar again. It was the perfect way to kick-off my birthday celebration. Thank you Jackie for an incredible visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jenjenyoung

Our goal at Jackie's on the Reef. is to make everyone feel welcome and special Glad to know you had an incredible time

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Jackie's on the Reef was just the ticket to the rest and relaxation that i needed. There was plenty of things to do or not if you just preferred to simply bask in the beauty of the landscape. I truly felt like a guest in Jackie's home and was amazed at how hands on and involved she was from scheduling the wonderful treatments to accompanying us at breakfast and dinner. Her staff were really warm and welcoming and were eager to make all experiences enjoyable. I loved both the massage and the body scrub out in the little hut near the sea. It made for such beautiful and natural ambient music. Not only did I receive detoxing for my body but for my soul as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed 21 April 2012

After many years of wanting to go to Jackie's on the Reef, I finally did December 2011. As soon as i arrived, I knew I made the right choice. I enjoyed a massage on my first day and immediately took a long and needed nap. I loved my cottage! The place is healing, serene, relaxing, rejuvenating all mixed in with a transforming energy flow. Jackie is a phenomenal and wise woman with a beautiful personality that resonates through the place that she created. I will always treasure my time at Jackie's as a major turning point in my life. Even though I traveled alone, I met some beautiful people and enjoyed the conversations and laughter at our great meals at Jackie's. Everything was perfect about my trip from the private transportation to/from the airport, excursions, spa treatments, meals, entire staff, and of course Jackie. I will definitely be visiting again and again. Thank you Jackie! :-)

Room Tip: I was in the cottage (it is a standalone building) and this was a perfect location. However, the 2n...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo