All reviews spa treatments every morning breakfast and dinner group retreat massage therapist caribbean sea deep tissue massage waves crashing main building couples massage the cliff jackies wellness paulette goddess jamaica seclusion
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Massage by the sea was Awesome. Nice oils and the sound of the sea while getting therapy priceless. Therapis were on time. Finding this place was difficult because it was far past the light house I had lunch here after my massage while I was waiting for my cousin food was good

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cloris W
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I recently visited Jamaica and I had the opportunity to receive the best massage I've had in a really, really long time. I had the Hot Stones Massage and it was totally awesome. Performed on the beach with the sound of the ocean waves faintly in the background. This was truly one of the highlights of our vacation and I plan to revisit whenever I'm in Jamaica again.

Room Tip: Didn't stay overnight so I can't comment on the rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joanna G
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband & I traveled to Jackie's for 3 of our 8 day vacation may 30 to june 6/12. After a long winding journey past what seemed all civilization we finally found our retreat nestled on the cliffs of Negrils rugged coastline. We were greated by our evening chef Gwen with a warm welcome and a cool fresh squeezed beverage from the local fruits...delicious. We were blessed with the most amazing accomodations...a private round hut not 40 feet from the crashing waves with the whole front overlooking the ocean with a huge screened in opening as well as an outside shower. to add to our delight we found we were the only guests for 2 of our 3 days!
Carol the manager became a fast friend and tour guide as she took us on an adventure to the roaring river to meet Dr Scott. Each day she would share breakfast & dinner with us & the discussions were delightful.
Ranger the grounds keeper greeted us with hot coffee each morning & had lots to share about the flora & fauna of the island as well as "crab hunting" which my husband is determined to return for!
Gwen & Shane were fabulous chefs who fed us royally thru out our stay...don't miss a meal they were all fabulous.
We had light yoga each morning with Jessica on the stone deck of the main house with the ocean as our view & the warm breeze washing over us . The perfect start to a day.
Rejuvenation...
All i can say is go...it is utterly renewing.
My only regret...Jackie was not there. I so wanted to meet her...guess we will just have to return.
Thank you to each & everyone at Jackie's on the Reef for the most fabulous vacation & for your friendship.
Donna & Shane

Room Tip: request the round hut on the beach!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Donna M
jackiesonthereef, Owner at Jackie's on the Reef, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for writing such a positive review. I do agree that we are a little out of the way, but well worth the trip, wouldn’t you say. The Management and staff mentioned are all dedicated and work well together to ensure that every person who visits us have a wonderful experience. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay here at Jackie’s on the Reef and we’re all excited to know that we will have another opportunity to be of service to you again. I look forward to meeting you both on your return visit
Best Wishes
Jackie Lewis

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Wonderful food and beautiful setting. Yoga each morning, with Jessica, was the best ever. I had daily massage treatments and I recommend the Hot Stones and Hot Bamboo treatments as well as the Seaweed Scrub. My friends enjoyed the Reflexolgy and manicure/pedicure treatments. The ladies doing the treatments were super. The only thing missing was Jackie, who was in the states having dental work. Wish she was there. Everything else was just as I had expected and wanted.

Room Tip: The dome is spectacular. Our roms in the main building were also good. Pick the two rooms that are nearest the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank luvtybee
jackiesonthereef, Manager at Jackie's on the Reef, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Hello luvtybee,
I am very sorry I was not there to greet you on your arrival, but as you mentioned, dental work called me to the States. Jessica is a very good yoga instructor and we’re proud to have her as a staff member.
Thanks for commenting on some of the treatments we offer, and we’re all very happy to hear that your expectations and needs were met. Our commitment to excellent customer service is something we pride ourselves on.

From Management and staff thank you.
Jackie

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We booked our vacation at Jackie's through a Living Social voucher which we'd never done before and having been to Negril only once we were unsure of the location of her resort. Between the two we were a little apprehensive about the trip and whether it would be everything we were hoping for. We worried needlessly. From the moment we stepped foot on the premises, we immediately felt a strong sense of calm and tranquility. We were greeted by a very friendly and welcoming house staff and shown to our room. All rooms are open-air with great breezes flowing through from the Caribbean Ocean along with the sounds of the crashing waves. There are no televisions and cell phones are not allowed on the property. Jackie encourages total peace and serenity which was everywhere in abundance. Mornings are started with a delicious cup of tea or coffee, prepared and delivered by Ranger and followed by a complimentary yoga class performed in the open-air veranda in full view of the ocean. Breakfast was always fresh, healthy and delicious as was dinner (both are included in your price), prepared with fresh fruits, vegetable and herbs grown right on the premises. Guests dine together family style and we enjoyed stimulating coversation and many laughs. Jackie's offers an array of spa treatments and my friend and I both indulged in the body scrub, which was done in the open-air hut near the ocean. Awesome! During our stay, Carol took great care of us while Jackie was away and she made some great suggestions for things to do when we wanted to go out. The last night we all went out together to a wonderful jazz and dinner show to celebrate another guest's birthday. Great call, Carol! During the last morning of our trip, while sitting on the veranda trying to memorize every detail of our surroundings and dreading having to leave, nature put on a show for us. We saw hummingbirds fluttering through nearby trees, butterflies, beautiful tropical birds and geckos. It was truly hard to leave but we know we will return again--just as soon as possible!

Room Tip: Since Jackie's is a very small, intimate resort with only a few rooms, there really are no "bad" rooms. You can even sleep outside on a day bed, which I did one night and it was heaven.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Janet D
jackiesonthereef, Front Office Manager at Jackie's on the Reef, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at Jackie's on the Reef. It means a lot to me and the staff. I will share your review with them. I am so glad that you enjoyed your meals, the wonderful things nature has to offer and your massage, wish I was having one right now. I can always rely on Carol and Ranger to treat our guest extra special, they are two wonderful people. Sorry I missed the opportunity to meet you, maybe next time.

Jackie