All reviews spa treatments every morning breakfast and dinner group retreat massage therapist caribbean sea deep tissue massage waves crashing main building couples massage the cliff jackies wellness paulette goddess jamaica seclusion
Reviewed November 13, 2017

In August of this year, I hosted my retreat at Jackie's and it was amazing! This was my third retreat in Jamaica and hands down, my absolute favorite location in Jamaica that I've been to. As as I walked through the doors of Jackie's I felt all stress, anxiety and negativity leave my body. I was greeted by the sound of the ocean, candles and beautiful crystals that decorate the place.
Jackie gives you a folder upon getting into your room with information about her oasis, menu of spa services and several sheets with affirmations. It was so wonderful to be somewhere that uplifted my mind, body and spirit.
The food at Jackie's is fresh and gourmet, hands down the best food I've ever had in Jamaica. Everything is healthy and tastes good! You get two fresh fruit smoothies a day and two herbal teas that are delightful. Jackie also makes spa treatments mandatory (yes!) and I can confidently say that the massage and spa services are among the best I've ever experienced.
Jackie's is great for you if you want a healing get-away, to connect with yourself and reconnect to nature. Jackie makes her guest feel like family and she is funny, knowledgeable and a pleasure to be around. Enjoy your stay at Jackie's, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Jackies R, Manager at Jackie's on the Reef, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Dear Shepsa,
Thanks for your wonderful review. We were delighted to host you and your group. Sending you many blessings,
Sabina and Jackie

Reviewed November 12, 2017

Usually, I stay at a large resort but I find them very impersonal and unfriendly. Several friends had told me about Jackie’s, a small boutiques’ guess house in Negril. Upon arrival, we were giving a delish very tasty cool drink and a seat near the ocean, immediately peacefulness filled me. Our rooms were very comfortable and clean. The food is great and you must have the morning coffee and yoga. I know this is the right place. Looking forward to our next trip -See you soon Jackie!

Room Tip: All rooms were great we had
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Jackies R, Manager at Jackie's on the Reef, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Dear Carole, Thanks so much for taking your time to write a review. It is so appreciated. Many blessings, love and light

Reviewed November 10, 2017

Staying at Jackie’s on the Reef (JOTR) is a phenomenal experience! There aren’t enough superlatives and trip rating stars to reflect my sentiments about this one-of-a-kind corner of paradise.

Jackie, the visionary proprietor, and her exceptional staff are totally committed to offering unparalleled service to guests. They deliver professionalism so pleasantly - whether it’s delicious healthy meal preparation, magnificent spa treatments, and maintaining an environment to cultivate wellness. In addition, the staff at the stateside office is extremely efficient, friendly, and helpful. Booking the arrangements was a breeze.

JOTR is the place to go for total relaxation and rejuvenation. The location is perfect – seclusion from the tourist-dense areas, yet close enough that a beach excursion or other activities is easy to accommodate. Staying at JOTR is an unforgettable immersion in nature. The property offers amazing access to natural features that stimulate reflection, healing, and renewal. The coral pool is fed by the waters of the sea and dancing with the waves was so much fun! The food is healthy, nourishing, and so beautifully presented that I was initially hesitant to disturb the work of art on my plate. Many fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices grow on the property so the meals are prepared fresh from JOTR’S garden. Not just healthy --- the meals are delicious!!! (Don’t’ tell the etiquette police, but I literally licked the plate!) Thank you, Ms. Gwen, you’re amazing!!!

Waves crashing on the reef served as my alarm clock. I really enjoyed the morning yoga classes, which are tailored to accommodate beginners or experienced practitioners of all levels. The sunsets are spectacular and star-gazing is a magnificent activity just before bedtime.

The unique layout of the guesthouse is visually stimulating and Jackie’s innovative design sensibilities are evident in the modified geodesic dome (my favorite) and the cottage. The hammocks and beds on the veranda are so inviting… I was reminded just how delicious sleep is!

I really appreciate Jackie’s commitment to environmental stewardship. She captures rainwater and uses the energy of the sun for heating and to provide water utilized on the property. She promotes resource conservation and guests leave with greater appreciation for the intrinsic value of nature, recognition of its healing powers, and a new sense of responsibility to care for the earth.

As for the spa treatments – words just cannot describe! From the incredible heated bamboo massage (which outpaces hot stones massage) to aromatherapy massage, to the signature herbal scrub featuring a facial, reflexology with fresh aloe, and exfoliation, they’re all fabulous. Under a thatched roof near the sea, these treatments are deeply relaxing and restorative. I’ve had body work done for years in many places, but none match the treatments at JOTR.

I also experienced some incredible snorkeling without having to travel as shore entry is right on the property. I also took excursions off property to go to the beach, scuba dive, and go paddle-boarding.

JOTR is truly medicine for the mind, body, and spirit. I absolutely love it and highly recommend it. If I didn’t have financial constraints, I would gift all my loved ones with a trip to JOTR. Since financial limitations do exist though, I’ll continue as a 100% satisfied repeat guest.

Thank you.
Sabrina Johnson

Room Tip: All rooms in the guesthouse and on the property are excellent
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Thanks so much for your kind review. Many blessings, love & light

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

What a beautiful small hotel in a fabulous location. Great charm and taste level, excellent eating too! Plan to spend more time chilling out there.
I loved the privacy and yet intimacy of being there. With all the guest instructors, yoga, massage, and Jackie herself, a very mind and body expansive EXPERIENCE.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Neil,
Thanks for your kind review. Jackie so appreciates this.
Blessings to you

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Upon arrival, Jackies on the Reef staff greet you with a cool down drink while instructions how to get the best out of your stay....the sheets and bed provisions weer outstanding. One of the things I enjoyed was the preparation for dinner....china and fresh linen and how good the food was.......I love being treated and catered to during the visit.....the lounge areas were quiet and clean...and for me the best kept secret was the massages themselves....this is a place to come alone or with a friend or partner to relax....wellness and wellness is the name of the game....see you again Ms Jackie. Can t wait to return to this special retreat spa center.

Room Tip: this is a best kept secret
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Valerie,
Thanks for your kind review. This is so appreciated.
Sending you blessings, love and light,
Jackie and Sabina