As soon as I walked through Jackie's gate, I knew that this was a magical place. I felt peace wash over me. The place welcomed me with opened arms and almost seemed to call me in saying that I needed to unwind.
My husband and I visited Jackie's after we got married in Jamaica. We stayed in a private little hut off from the main house. The bedroom was absolutely beautiful and is almost indescribable. We were practically sleeping on the waters of the ocean. Our hut had a screen where we could sit and look out to see the waters crash. The room was very romantic for a couple.
Jackie's literally sits on the cliffs on the oceans making it feel so much more natural than other places in the city of Negril. You can jump of the cliffs right from her place and be in a deep ocean. There is plenty to explore-rocks, plantlife, and of course the ocean making it one of the most mystical places ever. The place is a wonderful mediation or renewal of self site. Hammocks and beds are free for anyone to lie anyone all outside. Plus there are massages and other spa services offered all outside in the ocean air.
The entire time being there we felt completely taken care off. Someone would bring us coffee or tea in the morning. Breakfast and dinner were served to us (this was included in the stay). Jackie took us snorkeling for the first time, letting us use her equipment. She is the most amazing woman and has so many brilliant stories to tell.
Of course, I cannot forget to mention the wonderful food! The food is organically grown on the grounds and are Jackie's recipes. The food tasted so fresh, exactly what you want after getting a massage or taking a yoga class. This was one of the best experiences in my life--there is truly no other place like it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Majestic Wellness Center Guesthouse and Spa. Overlooking 180 degrees of the natural curvature of Mother Earth. On the beautiful Turquoise Caribbean Sea in Negril, Jamaica. Come and clear your mind, body and spirit as you reconnect to nature and yourself in a safe and serene environment. Each morning yoga and meditation, healthy gourmet food, relaxing massages, what else can you ask for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Jackie's on the Reef reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackie`s On The Reef Hotel Negril
- Jackies On The Reef Negril