All reviews spa treatments group retreat massage therapist caribbean sea deep tissue massage waves crashing main building couples massage the cliff jackies wellness paulette goddess jamaica seclusion
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Jackie's-on-the-Reef is "off the beaten path" and that's a GOOD thing. Beyond the noise and traffic in Negril, the location is ideal for restoring and refreshing body and soul. The rooms are huge and each is beautifully decorated and the unique structure of the building provides privacy in addition to comfort. Two meals and daily yoga classes are included. The meals alone are worth the trip to Jackie's and indeed many visitors go there just to eat. Meals are prepared from fresh vegetables, fruits -- some picked from her own garden. Trained therapists are available to provide therapeutic massage and other treatments. There's an extensive variety of literature to read while relaxing in a hammock or lounging on the veranda or near the sea. After the evening meal, my favorite pastime includes sitting around the fire enjoying stimulating discussions with other guests and the owner, singing, drumming, story telling or my favorite past time -- just marvelling at the awesome night sky where the stars, planets and constellations appear to be within arm's reach. I've been to Jackie's with 1- 8 friends over the years but each time I experience something new and meet some fantastic people.

• Stayed: March 2010
8  Thank bonnieo1937
Reviewed March 17, 2010

How many times have you said " I really need some alone time"? How many times do we actually take it? Not as often as we should or would like to. But I did!~ I travelled thousands of miles away to be by myself. No kids, no work, no cell phones, no computers, no significant or insignificant others...lol!
Enter Jackie's on the Reef, Negril Jamaica. What a beautiful place to indulge your ME time. The view from the open lobby is breathtaking. Nothing but Atlantic Ocean as far as you can see. Jackie's is a Holistic Spa that is all about relaxing, rejuvenating and getting back to nature. I first arrived to a welcome Lime-Aid drink...Delish, and then to a massage which I prayed would never end. We've all had massages before, but not outside with the sounds of the waves crashing against the rocks that frame Jackie's... Hence the the name Jackie's on the Reef. Then when I thought she was finished, she flipped me over and started all over!! HEAVEN!! By the time she finished I realized it was exactly what I needed to start my Spa-cation!

When I arrived there were only two other guests there (sisters) and they left 2 days later, then it was just me and Ms. Jackie!! I was alone with my thoughts, my dreams, and my visions on how I wanted my life to be. What a perfect time to figure ME out.
Every morning I woke to Yoga, every night I prepared for bed with dinner with Ms. Jackie. No cell phones, computers, televisions, dance parties, it was perfect. I journaled and figured out where I needed to be in my life, and what steps I needed to take to get there.
I had a Reiki session and a Body Scrub that was absolutely DIVINE! I've never felt more cleansed!! All outside with only nature watching.
If you do not like spending time with yourself, Jackie's is not for you. You are on your own to spend your time wisely and to reconnect with nature and yourself.
At the end of my trip I was ready to go home, as I missed my kids, even with all the drama they can give. But I now felt prepared to take on the next steps of my life without any fear of the challenges. I highly recommend Jackie's on the Reef, for anyone, but especially if you are looking for some alone time!! I am already planning my next trip!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
7  Thank tkariem
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I was supposed to travel to Jamaica with a girlfriend--she had a family emergency so I ended up by myself. Called Jackie's and, miraculously, there was a room for me--I think it was the best vacation, relaxation, healing I've ever had. Jackie is absolutely awesome and I still, a week later, am rejuvinated. I can't recommend this place more highly!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
6  Thank keltymcflint
Reviewed January 8, 2010

I had envisioned a week away in a warm place on the water with spirituality, tranquility and peace. I wasn't sure where to go for the holidays alone or where exactly I could find these things, but on the advice of a friend I booked a week at Jackie's. I knew the minute I arrived and Jackie greeted me, a beautiful sunset before us, and other guests eager for my arrival, that I had come to the right place.
Jackie's is for anyone and everyone who needs a "time out" from the hectic, fast paced world we live in. It's a chance to disconnect, treat yourself to a massage or some other spa treatment, eat healthy food, have peaceful reflection and participate in daily yoga. It is also a place where you find intelligent and insightful conversation. In addition, Jackie adds a special spiritual component, which is not too be missed. There is something magicial which words can not accurately describe.
I suggest you go there and have the experience!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
6  Thank debtravellermiami
Reviewed September 3, 2009

This was beyond anything I could have dreamed about or thought possible. It went beyond my wildest expectations! Never had I been so cared for and taken care of! I will go back in a heart beat. I recommend this highly and a life time experience. I am bringing my daughter next time.

• Stayed: August 2009