“Holistic and revitalizing retreat”

Jackie's on the Reef
Ranked #34 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 18 April 2010

As soon as I walked through Jackie's gate, I knew that this was a magical place. I felt peace wash over me. The place welcomed me with opened arms and almost seemed to call me in saying that I needed to unwind.

My husband and I visited Jackie's after we got married in Jamaica. We stayed in a private little hut off from the main house. The bedroom was absolutely beautiful and is almost indescribable. We were practically sleeping on the waters of the ocean. Our hut had a screen where we could sit and look out to see the waters crash. The room was very romantic for a couple.

Jackie's literally sits on the cliffs on the oceans making it feel so much more natural than other places in the city of Negril. You can jump of the cliffs right from her place and be in a deep ocean. There is plenty to explore-rocks, plantlife, and of course the ocean making it one of the most mystical places ever. The place is a wonderful mediation or renewal of self site. Hammocks and beds are free for anyone to lie anyone all outside. Plus there are massages and other spa services offered all outside in the ocean air.

The entire time being there we felt completely taken care off. Someone would bring us coffee or tea in the morning. Breakfast and dinner were served to us (this was included in the stay). Jackie took us snorkeling for the first time, letting us use her equipment. She is the most amazing woman and has so many brilliant stories to tell.

Of course, I cannot forget to mention the wonderful food! The food is organically grown on the grounds and are Jackie's recipes. The food tasted so fresh, exactly what you want after getting a massage or taking a yoga class. This was one of the best experiences in my life--there is truly no other place like it.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank hippiebee

Reviewed 5 April 2010

Jackie's-on-the-Reef is "off the beaten path" and that's a GOOD thing. Beyond the noise and traffic in Negril, the location is ideal for restoring and refreshing body and soul. The rooms are huge and each is beautifully decorated and the unique structure of the building provides privacy in addition to comfort. Two meals and daily yoga classes are included. The meals alone are worth the trip to Jackie's and indeed many visitors go there just to eat. Meals are prepared from fresh vegetables, fruits -- some picked from her own garden. Trained therapists are available to provide therapeutic massage and other treatments. There's an extensive variety of literature to read while relaxing in a hammock or lounging on the veranda or near the sea. After the evening meal, my favorite pastime includes sitting around the fire enjoying stimulating discussions with other guests and the owner, singing, drumming, story telling or my favorite past time -- just marvelling at the awesome night sky where the stars, planets and constellations appear to be within arm's reach. I've been to Jackie's with 1- 8 friends over the years but each time I experience something new and meet some fantastic people.

• Stayed: March 2010
8  Thank bonnieo1937
Reviewed 17 March 2010

How many times have you said " I really need some alone time"? How many times do we actually take it? Not as often as we should or would like to. But I did!~ I travelled thousands of miles away to be by myself. No kids, no work, no cell phones, no computers, no significant or insignificant others...lol!
Enter Jackie's on the Reef, Negril Jamaica. What a beautiful place to indulge your ME time. The view from the open lobby is breathtaking. Nothing but Atlantic Ocean as far as you can see. Jackie's is a Holistic Spa that is all about relaxing, rejuvenating and getting back to nature. I first arrived to a welcome Lime-Aid drink...Delish, and then to a massage which I prayed would never end. We've all had massages before, but not outside with the sounds of the waves crashing against the rocks that frame Jackie's... Hence the the name Jackie's on the Reef. Then when I thought she was finished, she flipped me over and started all over!! HEAVEN!! By the time she finished I realized it was exactly what I needed to start my Spa-cation!

When I arrived there were only two other guests there (sisters) and they left 2 days later, then it was just me and Ms. Jackie!! I was alone with my thoughts, my dreams, and my visions on how I wanted my life to be. What a perfect time to figure ME out.
Every morning I woke to Yoga, every night I prepared for bed with dinner with Ms. Jackie. No cell phones, computers, televisions, dance parties, it was perfect. I journaled and figured out where I needed to be in my life, and what steps I needed to take to get there.
I had a Reiki session and a Body Scrub that was absolutely DIVINE! I've never felt more cleansed!! All outside with only nature watching.
If you do not like spending time with yourself, Jackie's is not for you. You are on your own to spend your time wisely and to reconnect with nature and yourself.
At the end of my trip I was ready to go home, as I missed my kids, even with all the drama they can give. But I now felt prepared to take on the next steps of my life without any fear of the challenges. I highly recommend Jackie's on the Reef, for anyone, but especially if you are looking for some alone time!! I am already planning my next trip!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
7  Thank tkariem
Reviewed 8 March 2010

I was supposed to travel to Jamaica with a girlfriend--she had a family emergency so I ended up by myself. Called Jackie's and, miraculously, there was a room for me--I think it was the best vacation, relaxation, healing I've ever had. Jackie is absolutely awesome and I still, a week later, am rejuvinated. I can't recommend this place more highly!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
6  Thank keltymcflint
Reviewed 8 January 2010

I had envisioned a week away in a warm place on the water with spirituality, tranquility and peace. I wasn't sure where to go for the holidays alone or where exactly I could find these things, but on the advice of a friend I booked a week at Jackie's. I knew the minute I arrived and Jackie greeted me, a beautiful sunset before us, and other guests eager for my arrival, that I had come to the right place.
Jackie's is for anyone and everyone who needs a "time out" from the hectic, fast paced world we live in. It's a chance to disconnect, treat yourself to a massage or some other spa treatment, eat healthy food, have peaceful reflection and participate in daily yoga. It is also a place where you find intelligent and insightful conversation. In addition, Jackie adds a special spiritual component, which is not too be missed. There is something magicial which words can not accurately describe.
I suggest you go there and have the experience!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
6  Thank debtravellermiami
Reviewed 3 September 2009

This was beyond anything I could have dreamed about or thought possible. It went beyond my wildest expectations! Never had I been so cared for and taken care of! I will go back in a heart beat. I recommend this highly and a life time experience. I am bringing my daughter next time.

• Stayed: August 2009
6  Thank iamvisionaires
Reviewed 4 August 2009

This was my fourth time taking a group to Jackie's and experiencing only what can be called the ultimate in peace and pampering. Massages performed seaside, reiki performed by a seasoned and gifted professional, body scrubs that leave you feeling cleansed, polished and all around fantastic. A visit to Jackie's on the Reef is a spiritual experience in and of itself. Each year group members race to climb into one of the open air beds in the rotunda at Jackie's to rest in a manner that can't be duplicated. The food is fresh , healthy ,and delicious. Last year my group stayed in Montego Bay instead of Negril and still insisted on a trip to Jackie's in Negril for their pampering services although our all-inclusive hotel had an in-house spa.

A massage at Jackie's is only $60 for a full hour. The massage therapists and other practioners at Jackie's excel at listening to the needs of the customer and Jackie herself is a jewel. There are books to read to improve your spiritual and physical health and a large natural pool filled by the sea to sit in and release all of your cares.

Although I have only experienced the spa services at Jackie's I am seriouisly considering taking a smaller group to partake of the wonderful resort accomodations.

• Stayed: July 2009