All reviewscable televisionwest end negrilmini fridgeother guestsricks cafeacjamaicaresortsunset
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

I had an absolutely wonderful stay at the (all inclusive) Oasis Resort the weekend of November 3rd - 5th. It is by far the most beautiful property I have ever stayed. The grounds are immaculately kept, and the waterfall that cascades into the pool was the first thing I saw from the hotel lobby, and which set the tone for an absolutely wonderful stay. My welcome drink was my initiation to the open, all inclusive bar (kudos to my favourite bartender Ramona who made me fresh fruit juices, and the very friendly hotel staff).

I had the pleasure of staying in the honeymoon suite, with king sized bed, cable television, a small kitchenette with mini fridge and my own little patio. All the rooms are in close proximity to the pool, spa, bar, restaurant and dining area. I particularly looked forward to having my meals, especially because the hotel has a Farm to Table concept with an organic fruit and vegetable garden at the back of the property. I was happy to partake knowing my food was delicious and was being prepared with fresh ingredients. Andre & Nickeisha were excellent servers. The entertainment team is vibrant and original and I truly enjoyed the activities. Ask for Alicia at the Bliss Vacations tour desk to arrange local tour packages, and enjoy the Jamaican cuisine, culture, entertainment and beautiful island.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded March 14, 2018

Hello Lillieth S,

We are delighted to know that your weekend with us was so awesome. We hope to see you soon...hopefully a little longer than just a weekend next time...with more friends :)
We appreciate your support and kind feedback.

The Oasis Resort Management.

Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful time here...the food was good.. Resort very modern and the rooms were beautiful.. A nice quiet get away...entertainment sfaff lovely and a big thumbs up to all the staff who made my birthday weekend special we felt like a family there...big up to Mr..handy ,Vanessa at the front desk, the chef, the ladies that served our food and drinks, the young lady that coordinates the entertainment and to the manager lady that's always smiling... We'll be back for moreeee......

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded March 14, 2018

Hello TriciaHuntley,

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. We are happy that your birthday weekend was fantastic! We definitely hope to see soon again...even if we have to wait until your birthday again :)
Thanks again for your support and see you soon.

The Oasis Resort Management.

Reviewed May 16, 2017

I stayed here December 8th 2016. Very quiet the staff was awesome. They made me a delicious breakfast every morning. They gave me a ride to the beach everyday. For the price it was a good bargain I'm coming back again in December of 2017. The place was clean and well-kept .

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Management response:Responded September 16, 2017

Hello Darrell and thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the new and improved Oasis Resort in December 2017.

Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

It's 12:34am the day after my birthday. I had fallen asleep earlier because I wasn't feeling well. I woke up to mosquitoes biting me and loud banging noises. Oh they forgot to inform us that they will be doing construction during peak season and seems like 24/7!
I am not a newbie in Negril. I consider it my home and I'm staying in this hotel because the one I usually stay at was booked. My house is also under construction.

Check in:
Some guy is varnishing the pedestal and no one tells you not to lean on the counter. There are scraps of material on the floor. The guy is varnishing under me literally.
Front desk staff uninterested. The taller one kept saying she was going to show me the room. I was waiting for my husband to get out of the car, she looked like we were inconveniencing her. She was acting very impatient. Was shown our room. We were tired having been on the road for a few days and we just wanted to relax. But wait, we had to go get our own luggage there was no bellboy and the front desk didn't ask us initially if we had luggage.
So we go and get it, tired, hot and sweating. I had a backpack and 2 rolling suitcases. My hubby had a backpack, duffel bag and a beach bag that were all heavy. As we go through the messy construction site of the front desk and was on our way to our room, one of the front desk woman asked if we needed help with our luggage. Uhmmmmm NO. Too late. this should have been asked from the time my credit card was ran during check in. There's two of you at the front desk! I'm not used to asking for something that should have been a given at a hotel!

Wifi:
Slow. We are in Rm 9 across the pool. Wifi is slow in our room or even in the restaurant which we sat
Closest to the bar.

Housekeeping:
Loved our cleaning lady. I will make sure to ask her name. She was the most pleasant and helpful person in the property.

Main staff:
I don't know why we were being treated like second class citizens but it seems like everyone avoided us, while we see the main staff members interacting with the other guests that we saw on property.
I'm talking about the manager Jerome who only acknowledged me in the presence of the owner Carl D. and the two front desk staffers...they come off as very phony.

Restaurant:
Only had one interaction with restaurant. Ordered saltfish and callaloo, husband ordered similar. Everything is made to order. Jamaican breakfast was advertised to come with food (yam, banana and dumpling) but yet we could only have the fried dumpling. I made a point that if everything is made to order, they can make me steamed dumplings too. My husband and I stayed longer since I eat slowly and wanted to use the wifi in the main area. This is when we discovered that it was slow in there too. 1030am, another guest came in and ordered saltfish and callaloo with green banana. The waitress was startled and the lady said, "you don't have green banana?" The waitress couldn't respond because she already told us there was no food but flour. So I waited until the other guests got their food. And there it was! The works! Yam, green banana and dumpling with their plate. See why I think we are being treated like second class citizens?
Fast forward to tonight. We have been on the beach using our usual hotel's facilities. (I wanted to say that despite the fact that we weren't staying there, their staff gave us the biggest welcome, But we had to come back here). We were too lazy to get dinner so we wanted to see what's on the menu, at 8 pm the kitchen was closed because they were renovating or cleaning. No signs whatsoever to warn us.
Ughhhhhhhh! This place is pathetic.

8am disruption:
On my birthday, I get a knock from the front desk. "I'm sorry for waking you up but I heard you had two sets of ironing board. Can I borrow one please?"
ARE YOU F€*##*~^ KIDDING ME?!?
I didn't even have ONE!
She said really? She was so shocked And in disbelief she had to see for herself. Why would I lie about this?

Overall:
I wonder if they were going to comp my food? Prob not.
I met Mr. Dehaney and told him of my concerns. He seemed receptive.

No one is staying here and it's peak season. It's really creepy. We tried to go in the pool but the jackhammer can still be heard underwater. They are doing construction at all hours. It's 1:11am and I think they just quit and so will I.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cafemocha_f
Management response:Responded September 16, 2017

Hello and good afternoon cafemocha_f,

I has been some time since you wrote this review but I wanted to take the opportunity to acknowledge your post.

First, allow me to apologize on behalf of The Oasis Resort for the less than amazing experience you had. Since your visit in February, there have been quite a number of significant changes (from staff to amenities) and a renewed focus on service that is now the cornerstone of our new and improved offering.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you to address your past experience. Should you be willing, please contact me via our dedicated WhatsApp number at 1876 374-9515.

My best regards,
Ms. James

Reviewed August 22, 2016

Great place to stay off the Main. We always stay here a couple of days while on the island if other places are full or just to get away. It is clean and has lovely grounds. The staff is friendly also. When the restaurant is open, it is tasty. We always feel safe and sound.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Malpetunia
Oasisnegril, Manager at The Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Thank you for your excellent review, We are very grateful that you had a great time with us