“No working Tv, No smoke alarm, no problem?”
Review of Coral Seas Garden

Coral Seas Garden
Ranked #54 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 19 August 2016

Poor would never stay again our room had millions of sandflys (like fleas) a common problem on the islands. I had to get a diffren room glad I was only there for a few nights. It was also under construction and being painted. Met some awesome people to hang with so that made it bearable. In a decent location on the hell side of the street from the beach (beach side called heaven). Stay at your own risk!

Room Tip: dint plan on using their wi-fi it is way way slow
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank KMKmcmahon

Reviewed 5 August 2016

Overall: excellent budget hotel
PROS:
Beautiful scenic landscaping
Quiet surroundings
Friendly staff
Location Location location
Price

CONS:
I did meet some ants on my first night but insecticide sorted that out
A bit dated but comfortable
Not enough wall outlets

I never met the staff because I had a very late check in (9PM) and a very early check out (3:30AM), but the communication with the hotel through facebook was always quick and friendly. The security guys helped me through my stay. I loved the grounds and atmosphere and friendly cleaning personnel.

But the best part of this hotel is the location, especially if you intend to enjoy the nightlife! Within walking distance is the ATM, money changer, shopping, clubs, food places and the beach. Not being on the beach was never a concern.

Dont expect a 4 star hotel... but for this price point, you would be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I had room 301, downstairs in building 3, toward the back of the property (and the pool). It's comfortable and scrupulously clean, but they didn't have a key for the safe in the closet -- not a major problem, because I have a frame-locking (not zippered) suitcase that I can use as a "giant lock-box." The hotel accommodated me with a refrigerator for my water, Red Stripe and rum cream -- that was a help. Not much water pressure for the shower, but it was adequate to get me clean and rinsed.

The pool is in the back of the property, and there are no "poolside" rooms. You have to ascend a wide staircase to get up there. The shallow end is shallow enough for children older than 3 years (I judge - I could sit on the bottom with my head out of the water). There's a veranda to one side with a pool table and a disused bar (might be used in the high season), and the owner's house spreads across the back of the pool ... they could use some more chairs up there, IMHO.

No restaurant, but there are plenty of options nearby for all meals, ranging from tourist-style to local-style. Don't expect to find an early breakfast, though. I enjoyed ackee and salt-fish at Paul's Fish Hut across the highway, a couple of mornings.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank RickWestlake
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Michael was great all the staff were pleasant & caring Sophie was our room attendant
Excellent thank you everyone
Blessings Papa Johnson n Ricki Jacko
Karl the manager arranged a wonderful trip to Mayfield falls
We walked along the amazing beach
It's the great location for The Town
Lots of shopping to be dun
Awesome Customer Services Skills
I was also allowed to Smoke freely on the balcony due to medical conditions unlike Certain Thomson all inclusives that I've experienced
Make sure you book with a kitchen 1st floor
Brilliant Access !
See u all soon Jah9

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2016

We arrived on April 15th at about 21:00 and as soon as we parked the security was there to let us into our rooms. The rooms where clean convenient and even had a fridge. AC a little loud but we only used it to cool down the room before sleeping in the night. The bathroom is also very spacious with plenty of room to put your bits and bobs. Running warm water ALL the time (we are living in the west Indies and this is not always the case). We had a leaking pipe behind the toilet. Told the security who came back within minutes to tighten the connection. Next morning we went to the reception to pay for the accommodation and ask for some hangers and the safety desposit box key and also to report that the pipe is still leaking. TJ at reception was not interested what so ever. He had no answer for any questions and was so blunt that we almost felt unwelcome in the resort. The opposite of the security and our lady Christine who looked after our room kept it clean and tidy during our stay and she was also lovely. The Garden surrounding the 2 story buildings which has 4 Aparments in each, is kept spotless and well groomed. The gardener is there without fail. I was not so amazed by the Vendor who comes round once a week selling fruit. The fruit was tasteless and way too expensive. Would not buy there again. In all the hotel is top and I would return. Very central within 2 Min you are at the beach 3 Min at Bourbon with life entertainment. We felt cozy welcome and happy during our 2 weeks say and learned to ignore TJ. Oh and we were able to go to the Sister Hotel Coral Beach using the beach chairs, shower and excellent bar service!! Thanks for helping us to have a great holiday.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank sabine k
Reviewed 12 March 2016

Very nice and helpful staff.
The kitchen lacks some items for cooking, like a flipper and a stir.
And some other stuff but we landed from our neighbors som there were no problem.
Just cross the street is the 7 miles beach!
Their sister resort is a beautiful place by the ocean, free sunchairs and very helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank micce79
Reviewed 4 March 2016

This place is at the best end of Norman Manley Boulevard. A short stroll to seven mile beach. A short stroll into town too. Excellent restaurants nearby and the most awesome staff you could ask for. The rooms are fully air conditioned and come with a fridge and TV. The Wi-Fi works well too.

The rooms are cleaned thoroughly every day and the gardens are maintained well. There is a good pool that has underwater lighting at night and a pool table to keep you entertained. For a low budget hotel I could not have asked for more at all.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends