This was our first experience with Sandals and our first time in Jamaica. We also had our wedding on the beach at the resort and had a Sandals wedding consultant working with us both before our arrival and at the resort. Communication with the consultant before the trip was difficult - hard to get in touch, but I was happy with the professionalism and organization of the consultant. Once we got the the resort, my husband and I were treated very well by all staff there. Nothing was a problem for anyone and we were totally pampered the entire time. The wedding day was a dream come true - stress-free, beautiful, fun and a truly perfectly happy day - Sandals took care of everything so we could relax and enjoy the day. The wedding package was well put together, and we found the basic package (New Beginnings) perfectly adequate for the two of us. The resort did everything they could to make our experience private and exclusive from the general resort traffic, and we really did feel like it was 'our' day. The wedding photo package was pricey, but worth it (thanks T-Bone!).
The room (Honeymoon Beachfront Walkout) was smaller than the picture, but clean, with a beautiful view and was totally stocked. If you are worried about staff entering your room several times a day, then this might not impress you. We didn't have a problem with it. We had a concierge as part of our package (Danae) who was amazing - professional, helpful and she went above and beyond to make our week so special. The price for the week was expensive in comparision to a lot of all inclusive resorts, but for the quality of the service and package in general, it was a cut above the 'usual' and was well worth it. The food was incredible, and the pools, decor and dining areas were lovely. We spent a lot of time in the sea - clean white sandy beach and warm warm water - just beautiful! Be prepared for a few mosquitoes at dusk, but you will be too busy enjoying the beautiful sunsets to really care. The Red Lane Spa is exquisite if you are in to that kind of thing, but the pricing again is up there. Some of the resort 'Romance Deals' were a better deal than individual item pricing for spa and romance items. Recommend the candlelight dinner on the beach, and the Reggae Vibes catamaran cruise. You need to be up really early to get a lounge chair on the beach, and don't leave your belongings out overnight on the chairs as they are fair game for beach wanderers. BYO snorkels, masks etc as they are only available for the snorkelling boat excursions. Negril Hills is the local golf course and is very expensive, with mandatory caddy. We also went off the resort on a fishing charter for 4 hours. $500 US for the two of us, skipper and 1 crew member. Big boat with washroom , lounge, ice chests, drinks and all fishing gear included. Caught a barracuda after about 3.5 hours, so the fishing wasn't very good, but we were very lucky to get a close look at a pod of Sperm and Humpback whales.
In general, we loved every minute of our experience at this resort and would love to go back in a heartbeat. Thanks to all who made this such a memorable trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort