“Relaxation at its best!”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Beaches Negril! My husband, 2 children (ages 6 & 4) and I stayed at Beaches January 20-27, 2013. My parents (ages 66 & 67) were also along. This is our 2nd trip to Beaches, but the first to Beaches Negril. Our previous stay was at Beaches Sandy Bay in January of 2010.
This location was great. We walked the beach toward town and I can tell you the Beaches Negril beach is great. It is large with room to play, run and is completely safe for young children.

Airport – I just don’t like customs, but there were no issues. Check-in at the Sandals/Beaches lounge was fine. They welcomed us back to Jamaica.

Check-in at resort was smooth. We arrived at Beaches shortly about 6:30 pm on a Sunday evening. We were the last ones to check-in, according to Trudy-Ann and she was very nice. She offered us a cool wash cloth/water/rum punch as my husband & parents dealt with the bags and driver (whom does not work for beaches so you need to tip drivers). Trudy-Ann knew my 4 yr old daughter had food allergies (dairy, eggs, peanuts to name a few) so she brought me to the food concierge desk. The lady at the desk made a call and when I returned to the lobby a chef, Ralston, was talking with my husband. He was great and we never had a problem for 7 days. He even played hide and go seek later in the week when he was the 'burger grill'.

I had a hot rock message at the Red Lane Spa and finally relaxed on Monday afternoon. What a great way to relax. There was a vendor outside of the resorts beach boundary that offered massages, but I wasn’t ready to go there. I did hear good things about them however.

Everyone was great. Lorenzo, a bartender at the main pool bar, Seville, and the main bar was spectacular. My husband and son met him because my husband called out our son’s name, Lorenzo, and the bartender answered. After that, our son wanted to go see Lorenzo after supper. We did see him and Lorenzo “the bartender” showed off by balancing 3 bottles on his nose. It was great and everyone at the bar was entertained. Find Ned at the beach bar and have a “520” – a wonderful drink.

We did not meet anyone that worked for Beaches that didn’t love kids and carter to them. O’Shane and Troy, waiters at Arizona and outside the ‘burger place’ were great. They loved the kids. Alicia, at Stewfish, was wonderful as well.

My dad had coffee with Adrian, the Manager, a couple mornings. Everyone was friendly everywhere.

We had requested rooms that were connected. This was available and worked well with my parents and the little ones so my husband and I could go to a later dinner time and the kids could go to sleep.

A couple nice things to know: If you want reservations at Seville or Kimono’s have someone at the reservations desk at 9AM and you won’t have a problem making a time that will work for your family.

As an outside tour we did the Dolphin Cove trip. It was fun. You can’t bring a camera, so plan on buying the CD for $100. They do take good pictures.

In conclusion, I want to go back. We will return in a couple years.

Thank you Beaches Negril.

Room Tip: Our room was Santa Cruz block Rm 213. It was conneted to 212. It is close to the road, but with th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (5,361)

Reviewed 3 February 2013

The food was very good service is well above average As this was our second stay i was surprised too find a lot off staff remembers our names A special mention too chief chef Meisha who cooked us a very nice meal on Thursday night Without a doubt the very best steak i have ever had Thank You Very Much We have booked again for next year

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2013

beaches was a great vacation we were treated very well are room was great food was great a lot of different choices the staff was great we meet so many new friends this was our second visit to beaches negril some of the employees remembered us from 2 years ago just a few shout outs opal alicia terrence lorenzo okeria marlon oshain and most of jason @ the swim up bars.on the beach we meet tyrone who got to know us and was always asking if we needed anything getting to know him was great another shout out is for the waitress @ komonas sorry i cant remember her name but she had the most beautiful singing voice.our housekeeper kemeshia i think was her name always had a smile and made wonderful towel art everyday. most of all i would like to thank oshane in entermainment who brought my 15 year old sun out of his and try new things he would have never done before also coming in on his day off to say goodbye to our family. i would highly recommend beaches negril to anyone you will be treated like gold

Room Tip: 700 block is perfect location
1  Thank karri2013
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We recently stayed at Beaches, Negril from 1/19-26/2013
First, our room was always clean and well kept - so very thankful for the woman that took care of us. We were on the second floor and the view was quite nice.

Richey, the gentleman that restocked our refrigerator - Thank you, wonderful service!!!

We are scuba divers and the dive crew is top notch. They made it easy and were so pleasant to deal with - Rose at the desk and our dive masters - Samuel, Charles & Craig, along with the boat captain, all great people. Fabulous dive sites, short boat distance from the island and back before noon!! Loved it!

While the Negril resort is much nicer than Beaches Boscobel (we were there in March 2012), the food at this resort was not as good. We were a bit disappointed. Kimono's was wonderful, of course; but we didn't want to eat there every night to guarantee a great meal.
Stew Fish, awful! We made the horrible mistake of going back for lunch a few days later for a BBQ and all the food was cold - Yuck!

One night there were 3 restaurants closed and our options were limited - what is that all about? Three restaurants closed on the same night - poor planning.

Overall, the staff is loaded with friendly, smiley people - the Mill, everyone always had a smile and Michael, making the eggs deserves 5-stars for great eggs, omelets and all served with a SMILE!

The resort was very nice but the food needs to be mentioned as this is an "all inclusive" and I expect for the price....Fabulous food, consistently.
If somone asked me if I could recommend this resort, I would probably tell them sure BUT they should go to Turks & Caicos. I've been there twice and would return again and again.

So many peole think you are hounded constantly by the native Jamaicans selling their wares (wood, dresses, wraps) but it really was nothing. If you aren't interested you say "No, thanks" and that's the end of it. Don't let these comments allow you to avoid Jamaica - it is a wonderful place.
Happy travels.

Room Tip: Second floor, especially if you want to leave thing on the patio to dry
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sand088
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Fantastic experience as we expected! This was our third time back to Beaches, Negril! Fantastic staff throughout the resort!!! Had exceptional service from Cynthia in the daycare who remembered my daughter and helped her tye dye even though a shirt even though she had missed the "scheduled t-shirt dying" time. Tanya & Fasha in Entertainment made the trip so much fun and helped get everyone involved. Coleen at the Spa gave great massages, did fabulous beads for my daughter and was wonderful to get to know better! Marlon at the bar made the all inclusive drinks even BETTER!!! Restaurant staff - Alicia, Lesmore, & Winston made meals great! Coutney at the Front Desk and the entire concierge staff was amazing! Can't forget about housekeeping - Vernalee & Tammor made the stay so nice and taught my daugther how to make great towel animals!!! Thanks again & we are already counting down the days till we go back next January 2014!!!

3  Thank taralincoln
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Just returned from beaches, went with my husband and 8 yr. old daughter. It was the best time I've ever had. Food was excellent!!!! Natosha at the cabana was the best. Felt like family.
Courtney was GREAT, He made sure we had what we needed before he left us after check in.
And checked in on us everyday, My 8 yr old did not want to leave the kids club Cludia was great and my daughter was very comfortable with her ( and thats very unusal for her) I really did not want to leave, The People make it a great vacation ( Natosha, Courtney, Mathew, Cludia, and so on) It was one of my best vacations I've ever had. Felt sad having to leave. BUT WE WILL RETURN SOON!!!!! Beach is beautiful!! Would love to do our 20 Yr.Vow renewal here.

3  Thank Jackie G
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We went to Beaches for my sisters wedding and Shannon did a great job making it such a special day!! Nicolette C. did a fabulous job with the Photography and capturing all of our family's fun times!! The entertainment team did an amazing job and made our trip one of the best. Its still amazes me how friendly and personable the staff is. The kids had such a great time at kids camp and can't wait to go back. Thank you to all the staff that truly made our vacation one that will never be forgotten!!

Room Tip: We were looking out towards the gazebo overlooking the beach and the view was amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
4.7 km away
0.4 km away
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
#13 of 80 in Negril

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!