5,713 results
All reviewskids campsesame streetcafe de parisstew fishbanana boatbig topfamily vacationclub liquidxbox roomx boxcookie monsterdino's pizzacharacter breakfastwater sportsadrian whiteheadkids clubturks caicos
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Im sad to say that i just returned from Beaches Negril. I really didnt want to leave; at first I was very skeptical because of so many reviews I read but they were very helpful ( i will explain later). OKAY SO LETS GET STARTED. First, dont let the reviews scare you, please go you will enjoy yourself. Honestly if you dont enjoy yourself you are probalby not a happy person anyway. I traveled with no children and my now husband.YES I got married Oct 17, 2009 at Beaches my wedding consultant was Andrea and she was so sweet she covered every detail of my dream wedding; in fact I brought my own sand ceremony set and my own rose petals and she incorporated my things into the wedding. If you get married during rain season get married early afternoon it tends to rain in the late evening i got married at 12 and it was perfectly clear but hot, and dont cake on a lot of makeup ladies because you will sweat in fact I wore foundation only to cover up three spots on my lower cheeks. Make sure u bring a towel or something to blot and wipe your face between photos i left mine in the hotel and you can see the sweat on my face.
the resort was very clean my room was great room 811 the beachfront suite which is not beachfront at all but it was a nice room my mom's room was the honeymoone suite (same thing) and her decor was prettier but who cares i only slept in my room.
The food was typical but The Mill (buffet) served carribean food one night and the curried goat was excellent! on thursday night they have a beach buffet party which is so much fun good food freindly people and lots of drinks!!! The hotel was 98% full and their were like 3-4 weddings a day but it was great you can have fun without kids at this resort actually we went to sandals for the couples sunset cruise and ate at barefoot by the sea and the food was terrible and the hotel seemed boring but very romantic and pretty. i played volleyball i saw the steel band show the aero show,(not all the shows were kids related i thats what youre thinkng) a must see I mean it was non stop i even went to the game room and played guitar hero for the first time. Club liquid was fun my legs were sore from dancing the next day; so much to do so little time!
so by now im sure you have read many reviews so here are my tips that were helpful:
1. BRING BUG SPRAY, BRING BUG SPRAY , BRING BUG SPRAY-ITS HOT AND IT RAINS,HENCE MOSQUITOS AND ALSO SAND FLEAS. I SAW PEOPLE AND KIDS WHO WERE COVERED WITH BITES I THOUGHT TO MYSELF, DIDNT YOU READ THE REVIEWS ??? AND ANTI- ITCH CREAM FOR CHILDREN, THEY SUPPLIED ALOE ,SHAMPOO,CONDITONEER,AND LOTION IN THE ROOM. I ALSO BROUGHT A BUG FOGGER FOR MY ROOM,BUT USED IT LKE REG SPRAY, I THINK IT HELPED A LITTLE AROUND THE DOORS AND WINDOWS- THANKS FOR THE TIP AND I STILL HAD ABOUT 7 BITES OVER 8 DAYS, NOT SO BAD
2. IF YOU ARE NOT INTO BARTERING , DONT GO TO THE CRAFT MARKET UNLESS U ARE WILLING TO PAY 15 AND UP FOR EVERYTHING BUT I DONT PLAY THOSE GAMES MY HUBBY WAS LIKE A CAR SALESMENS WHEELIN AND DEALIN
3 THERE IS NO ATM ON SITE U WILL HAVE TO TAKE A CAB FOR CASH, AND USE YOUR SAFE IN THE ROOM.
4 TAKE BREAD FROM BREAKFAST TO THE BEACH AND THROW A PIECE IN FRONT OF YOU ITS BEAUTIFUL TO SEE SO MANY FISH.
5 IN ORDER TO DO ANY KNEEBOARDING OR ANYTHING MET ON THE BEACH FROM 9-10 TO GET INSTRUCTIONS THAT THE ONLY WAY THEY LET YOU PARTICPATE
6 HAVE FUN, PRINT A NEGRIL MAP
7 IF YOU GO TO RICKS DONT WASTE MONEY ON A CAB TO GET THERE CALL RICKS AND THEY WILL COME AND GET YOU AND TAKE A CAB BACK OR TALK TO THE FRONT DESK
THE KOOL KAT KELLY CRUISE WAS FUN BUT IF YOU DONT HAVE KIDS WITH YOU ASK MANAGEMENT TO CALL SANDALS AND GO WITH THEM
8 ITS TRUE THE SAND IS WHITE THE WATER IS WARM AND BLUE; THEY HAVE SECURITY ON THE BEACH FOR PEOPLE TRYING TO SELL STUFF, ITS NOT BAD AT ALL IF THEY STAND AND TRY TO TALK SECURITY IS RIGHT THERE IN NO TIME I THOUGHT IT WAS A LOT WORSE. I WILL RETURN I WANT TO TRY TURKS BUT I WILL RETURN TO BEACHES. SAY HELLO TO THE MANAGER DAVID ND HOWARD WITH WATER SPOTS, CAMILLE IN THE CONCIERGE DEPT,AND JAHMILLA AT THE FRONT DESK EVERYONE WAS VERY NICE. ENJOY IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE PICS EMAIL ME. I ALSO WILL WRITE A REVIEW ON SWEET SPICE AND BEST IN THE WEST
I MUST SAY THE RIDE TO THE RESORT WAS VERY TENSE THEY DRIVE CRAZY AS HELL!!!!!! IF U STOP AT THE REST STOP GET THE JERK CHICKEN, I DONT REMEBER THE NAME BUT IT WAS A WHITE STORE AND THE GUY WAS GRILLING ON THE PORCH, ASK FOR EXTRA SAUCE- SO GOOD!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BLACKBARBIE
Reviewed October 26, 2009

I will certainly right more later, but I 100% disagreed with EVERY negative thing written about this place! The stuff about the food, rooms, out dated... it is all so upsurd! More to come :)

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank Mchery80
Reviewed October 25, 2009

This was our second Beaches resort vacation. We had stayed several years ago at Turks & Caicos. Negril was a bit cheaper, smaller resort but with better food and a friendlier staff. We always choose the cheaper rooms, since we don't spend much time there. However, they were more than adequate for us. Unlike upscale hotels, the drinks in the refrigerator are "free" and they will gladly stock it with Red Stripe as well as water and soda.

Our disabled son always has a good time, but during this vacation our daughter was the center of attention. The first night during the beach party she sang karaoke. The next she sang with a live band. She also participated in a fashion show and helped perform a magic trick on stage.

Although I prefer the resort at Turks & Caicos, with its larger footprint, better dive center, shorter drive to/from the airport the staff in Jamaica is friendlier and the food is much better. Although the staff is friendlier in Jamaica, the people in T&C were more helpful. Where T&C is sprawling, Negril is compact.

The beach is better in Jamaica. You also have Rick's Cafe and the rest of Negril to visit and explore. Speaking of exploration, do not leave the beach unless you want to deal with repeated requests to buy drugs. Security at the resort is very good, though.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank jimZakany
Reviewed October 23, 2009

had a great time at beaches! took a friend and two boys, ages 6 and 11. did not get to do all the onsite activities because of short trip. fun for all ages. good food, entertainment, drinks, and water sports. would go back again. only downfall is drive from montego bay airport to negril and the natives that harrass you at the beach to rent their jetski.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jenk2343
Reviewed October 22, 2009

It was great to go on vacation with the friends at Sesame. The food was quite good and always available. The rooms are clean and well kept. The staff is the best I've seen - always happy and making your children smile. The best part - the ultra-nannies. The daycare facility is like nothing I've seen at home and once you overcome the initial fear of leaving them with a "stranger" that all parents experience - mommy and daddie have their own vacation.... I would do this trip again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family