1,492 results
All reviews ciao jamaica pillar houses free shuttle sister hotel legends all inclusive plan bring your own beach towels all inclusive option ocean side cliff jumping laid back jump off jerk chicken gift shop cab ride west end rick's cafe jamaican food
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The location is what this place is all about. It is a gorgeous setting on the cliffs. My family of 4 including two teens loved jumping from the cliffs and snorkeling all around it. Some days the jumping was limited due to the ocean waves being too powerful but most days it was fine. Our room was an octagon shape on the ocean side with a king bed and a double bed. We requested a cot for my teen son and it was there waiting for us. The cot was not great but it did the job. The room was spacious enough for us. The rooms are not fancy but adequate. The bathroom was pretty big but dated. Every day we had to request bath towels as often none were left in the room or only two which is strange when you have 4 people. Often we had to wait for towels which was a pain. We only got breakfast included and the breakfasts were very good and coffee was always available when we got up. The food for lunch and dinner was just ok. It was Jamaican style food which some we liked and some we didn't and a lot of it was unhealthy (fried etc.). We ate out for most meals. Also all drinks are served in small Styrofoam or plastic cups. The cocktails are small for the price. Some of the staff were quite polite and kind but a few stood out as unfriendly and seemed to be rather unhappy doing their job such as the female bartender during the day and the woman who cooked the eggs in the morning. I don't appreciate poor service and especially a bad attitude when I am on vacation. Staff at a resort such as this should always be aiming to have excellent customer service. The maid was lovely as well as some of the other restaurant staff. I also wished we could have walked more places but the road is right outside and the cars whiz by with little room for pedestrians. All in all this resort met our needs but it could definitely use some updating. The lounge chairs outside are rusted and falling apart. The price is family friendly.

Room tip: I would definitely stay on the ocean side if possible
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Dorisj64
Holly_SamsaraLegends, Social Media at Samsara Cliff Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

We appreciate you writing a detailed review of your family’s stay with us at Samsara. It is wonderful to hear that all of you enjoyed our amazing location and even tried the cliff jumping. As a family owned boutique hotel, we truly believe in providing excellent customer service and thank you for your feedback regarding the towels and wait staff. Thank you for making Samsara part of your family vacation.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Living in New England, one never knows what the weather may bring in March and of course this year was no different. After finding out our flight was cancelled due to a nor'easter, we were lucky enough to book reservations on another airline. Unfortunately this delayed our arrival significantly. The staff at Samsara were very accommodating and even had a little snack for us when we arrived. We stayed in the pillar house bungalow at the far left end next to the private property. My reaction after entering the bungalow was "Oh this is cute" however it was small and tight. There was not much room but was still doable. After checking out the bathroom I immediately screamed "there's no place to take a shower"!!! I started to panic. How can I go 4 days without taking a shower? My boyfriend came running over saying "what are you talking about"?
Since he booked the reservation he forgot and didn't tell me that the shower was outside. I found it odd that we would have to leave the inside of the bungalow to shower but at least there was a place to get clean. I must say, I was not a fan of the surfaces within the shower but I VERY much enjoyed showering outside. At first I was nervous that someone might walk in on me in my glorious birthday suit however after my second shower my fears were put to rest. I recommend wearing shower shoes. The resort provides bathrobes that you can purchase (if you want for $30). I found that hilarious since the robe my boyfriend used had two big holes in the butt area. Unfortunately the ocean did not cooperate with us for it was EXTREMELY angry at times with huge waves. We did not swim or jump the cliff during our 4 day stay. The food was pretty tasty. I wasn't a fan of having specific time frames to eat and if you wanted eggs, expect to wait in line. At times we felt the employees in the dining area were glaring at us in some kind of weird way which we could not figure out. On two occasions, despite us wearing the stupid wrist bands (we hate wrist bands but understand why they are necessary), several employees asked us what our room number was. At one dinner, we were asked four times!! We started to make a joke about it since it was so obvious. We are not big eaters so we found it very odd. The dining area could use some TLC. It was out dated, not well decorated and lacked character. We didn't use the pool but many others did. We very much enjoyed the balcony although did not use the attached hammock. The sunset was to die for especially from our location. Since the staff does not wait on you in the lounging area, we recommend purchasing a metal cup from the gift shop at the resort for it will keep your drink cold and will prevent you from having to go to the bar numerous times. It would be nice if the resort encouraged recycling. Since we rented a car, we were able to part right across the street and had no issues. All in all, the resort was cute. It's unlikely we will return to Jamaica therefore the chances of us staying at Samsara again is slim to none. If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive resort with Jamaican flare without the corporate feel, we would recommend the Samsara Cliff Resort.

Room tip: Pillar Bungalow by the ocean!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robin W
Holly_SamsaraLegends, Social Media at Samsara Cliff Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Thank you for your review recommending Samsara for those who want a vacation with an authentic Jamaican flare. It is great to hear that you enjoyed soaking up the amazing view provided by the Pillar House balcony, and that you “Very much” enjoyed the outside showers. We appreciate your feedback regarding the wrist bands and meal times and sincerely thank you for making Samsara part of our Jamaican vacation.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for a night at this hotel. We really loved the room and the ambiance, the sunset was amazing. The staff were welcoming as well. The property needs a little maintenance but overall it was a fairly good experience.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review letting us know how much you enjoyed the ambiance of Samsara. Our staff takes great pleasure in giving a warm Jamaican welcome to all our guests and will be delighted to hear that you appreciated it. Thank you for staying with us at Samsara!

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Hello, my husband and I were there in March. The pictures of rooms are from 20 yrs ago on there website and the outside lounge chairs were dated.
The staff was wonderful the food tasty, but there is only 5 things to choose from on the buffet. Breakfast was great.
OMG the beds were terrible but that's mixed review as some people said there's were good some said terrible.
It's a 3* folks it was that.

Room tip: Ask to see room and check out the bed
1  Thank Rhonda P

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us at Samsara! Our staff, and especially our chefs, will be very glad to hear that you mentioned their outstanding customer service. We understand that everyone tends to have a strong personal preference regarding the firmness of their beds, and are sorry to hear that ours did not align with your preferences. Thank you again for staying at Samsara.

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Simple, beautiful, clean , and really nice staff, starting from the reception, cleaning staff, kitchen and the safeguard
. And definitely the best breakfast we had in Jamaica! We stayed in 3 different hotels in 3 different cities and nothing as good as this breakfast

1  Thank sauliucclaudia
Holly_SamsaraLegends, Social Media at Samsara Cliff Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Thank you for your recommendation of Samsara! We are truly delighted to hear enjoyed your stay, and our chefs will be so very thrilled that you rated their breakfast as the best. Thank you for staying with us at Samsara and don’t forget to ask for the 10% returning guest discount on your next stay.