“You get what you pay for, and i dont meant that in a bad way”

and 1 more site!
Hidden Paradise Resort Hotel
Ranked #76 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Orlando, Florida
“You get what you pay for, and i dont meant that in a bad way”
Reviewed 10 March 2011

As a recent traveler to hidden paradise, i must say the hotel is great for what you pay. I paid $71 a night for my short visit and i dont think it was too bad. It was right across the street from the beach, there were a couple of resturants nearby, and a convienance store a short walk away. Before coming to jamica this year i had not been since i was 4 and i am now 18, and as someone doing the "tourist thing" while visiting family, i said i only need basics, a bed, a/c and hot water, and hidden paradise had a little extra with wi/fi on the property and a lovely porch and beautiful gardens. i dindn't spend too much time in my room so i didn't really mind that it didn't have all the extra stuff 5* resorts give you. i can't wait to go back in july! my only complaint was the linens, they were tough, not very soft, so if you plan on staying bring your own washcloth and towel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank BreanaAshlee

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 February 2011

I really enjoy my stay here, everyone was friendly and its right across the road from the beach and a very good location. The breakfest was so good and every morning Sonja would call and make sure i came. since i am a late sleeper., she was so nice and the best cook. Will go there again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank negrilbay
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Hidden Paradise is a basic, charming, Jamaican style hotel, standing in an enviable fruited garden, which took me back to the days of 'Hippie tourist,' and 'No problem mon,' Rastafarians, before the 'large hotel' boom.

If you're anything like me, wether a returning Jamaican or returning visitor or even visiting for the first time. And are looking for a place to experience a realistic taste of sun-lit Jamaica, without burning a hole in your pocket/wallet or mortgage agreement, then, Hidden Paradise can help you do just that. Clean basic Air Conditioned rooms, white pristine beach and beach bar across the main road from hotel, and a intuitive owner and staffs, who are happy to help even the most grumpiest of guest find some merriment.

Hidden Paradise is a stone's throw from Alfred's nightly entertainment, and minutes from: Risky Business and Margaritaville. It is walking distance from the true Jamaican town of Negril. Grab a taxi at the gate to Rick's café, a 15-20 minutes' drive on the West-end, and just relax with the setting of the sun. (Highly recommended!)

Finally, Hidden Paradise is your basic holiday choice. Go...And experience a part of Jamaica, in the true spirit of the Island.

Enjoy!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SeaWalker187069
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Hidden Paradise is no Resort or even a decent hotel! My friends and I stayed at the hotel for ATI / RTI, July 29 - Aug.1. The hotel is gross not very clean, no hot water, rude and disrespectful owner who was rude and down right ignorant. We booked the room online via orbitz, the owner didn't want to honor the rate. He demanded more money because we booked online from the states. After an intense conversation we finally came to an agreement of an extra $20 bucks per night, Ridiculous! To top it off on the 3rd day the lights went out. The other hotels nearby all had lights (electricity) but not Hidden Paradise. We had to get dress in the dark. This happen twice during our stay. I say AVOID this hotel like the plague. It's a HOT MESS !! worst place ever.

Did I mention that they don't have beach access or beach chairs!!!!! Nothing !

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lasea75

Travellers are raving about these Negril hotels

Atlanta
Reviewed 22 March 2010

When I first stepped on the property I really felt like I was in Paradise. The grounds are beautiful with fruit tree's. The staff is friendly as well as helpful. I really thought that Sonja
and Brian were always very thoughtful. One day Brian knocked a coconut down from the tree for me and prepared it so I could drink coconut water from it. Boy was it refreshing!
The rooms are clean and spacious, with ceiling fans to help circulate the air. They also have air conditioners in all the rooms. It took a long time for it to get cold but, it finally did after a few hours.
I liked the fact that they don't charge extra for the refrigerator. I love to feel my fridge up with the good fruit juices that I buy from Shamrock, a small store next door to the hotel.
I got the package that offered free breakfast in the mornings. Breakfast was great you can order anything that's on the menu. That was a suprise for me because I thought breakfast was going to be toast and coffee. Breakfast was served outside in the nook overlooking the mountains out by the pool area. It is covered so as not to get wet from the rain. There are very nice views from the breakfast nook.
The pool is very nice, I just hated to walk up steps to get to it. They have free wireless
internet service by the pool area. So a lot of afternoons I was catching up on my emails from my friends and family. I stayed at Hidden Paradise for 10 nights of my 14 nights. I will stay there again when I travel to Negril.
The hotel was a very affordable price that allowed me to stay in Negril longer than regularly. This hotel is not on the beach although there restaurant is. The name of the restaurant is Mama Flo's. They have good food. You must try the Hawaiian Chicken dish. Reasonable prices on all the items. I can't say enough good things about this place. I did hear dogs barking but wasn't all that bad at all. . In a nutshell, nice location no frills but very reasonably price.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Xaymaca4me
Connecticut
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I went home for a visit and since my family house is very small,my husband ,myself and my son stayed at Hidden Paradise.
We appreciate that we get breakfast with our stay and it was a fully cooked breakfast . The room was clean ,the bathroom was clean and the pool was great. My husband enjoyed the grounds as he got to see unique things such as crabs in their habitat, beautiful birds and plants.
It is close to most hot spots like the Times Square shopping center, Jungle night club and Alfred's. HP is within walking distance to downtown which is a great way to sneak in your exercise routine.
Mama Flo's restaurant was pretty bland for a Jamaican and so I did not enjoy the meal I had there so I never went back.
You get what you paid for ,it is an affordable economical resort .
My only advise is to not leave anything on your balcony or steps as my son flip flops were stolen one night after leaving them outside.
It was a great stay and Mr. McDonald took care of us. He is the owner .

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank Truecolor97
Varies
Reviewed 27 November 2009

The Hidden Paradise staff helped us get a taxi from Montego Bay Airport to the hotel, so we arrived easily. The room was OK at the outset, and we thought the musty smell would go once the windows had been opened... but it didn't, the smell seemed to get worse and worse. We went for a quick bite at Mama Flo's, which is a cute place- but their dishes were pretty bland compared to most other spots we tried.

Pros:
Good location and layout
Very nice staff, Breakfast was relaxed- simple and well made.

Cons:
Tiny sliver of "beach property" and the beach chairs were crawling with cockroaches (I'm not ready to relive this experience quite yet)
Awful smell throughout the room and very dim lighting

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank barefootplanner