“!!!WARNING BED BUGS!!! Go else where”

Fun Holiday Beach Resort
Ranked #66 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 25 May 2011

The Good: the location good close to everything, the staff ok, food good but there so many other places to eat I would just eat there aleast one day and the beach.

The Bad: the room was old fashion and the bed where hard and full of bed bugs and ants. I ask Nicole to look into the problem but there was nothing done because they where still there to the point I went and brought bug spray to get rid of the problem which they should have done not me. This property is a 1star hotel period if you like cheap this is what your going to get next time I'll pay more to aleast get better service . The all inclusive is a joke with only three bottle of alcohol to choose from and the same meals everyday don't waste your money I just brought my drinks and made my own punch and bring a wash cloth because they don't provide any.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank sexylips07

Reviewed 23 May 2011

This was my 5th time to Negril and my 1st time to Fun Holiday. I will definitely be returning to Fun Holiday!! Our flight was delayed, so we didn’t make it to Fun Holiday until almost 6am, but security was there to greet us and show us to our rooms. We had 2 upstairs and 2 downstairs rooms. Rooms are very basic with plenty of room and a nice size bathroom. We did have an ant problem the first day, but once I brought it to Nichole’s attention they were all gone that afternoon. We always had clean towels and all you have to do ask if you need more. I always bring my own washcloths, so that wasn’t an issue for us. I only used the restaurant twice. Once for breakfast and once for lunch, both meals were enjoyable. They do have an ice machine, but unfortunately there is rarely any ice in it. If you happen to bring your own coolers and need ice check out the Mini Mart to the left when you walk out to the beach…$350J for a BIG bag of ice and I believe $200J for a small.

A big shout out to Nichole, Jennifer, Sunshine, Wayne and our MAIN MAN- Jorge!!
Fun Holiday… soon come!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank freakae
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Fun Holiday Resort is the perfect spot to relax while spending time on Negril Beach. The staff were wonderful, the service superb, the price was right in line with my budget. Check with Nicole at the office, she'll take great care of you!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2011

First let me say , Jamaica is beautiful, and i am 100% going back.

FunHoliday Beach Resort , Negril, extremely basic hotel, and not for those who are used to being pampered , but it was clean, food was quite good the few times we ate there , and the staff was nice, for what we paid we couldn't really complain about anything > The beds are hard, bring your own washcloths( they don't provide any) and there were a lot of ants in the room, as the baby dropped food all the time.
We rented a fridge for 5$/night and they provided a crib. They also provided babysitting at a very reasonable rate in the room whe we wanted to go out at night( ask for Ritchie) There isn't a kids club or anything like that, but the pool and beach kept my 7 yr old happy, as far as food goes, there are some basic items for kids on the menu that should satisfy picky eaters( chicken fingers, fries, burgers..) I don't recommend getting the AI rate, better to eat a la carte or off site.

There is WIFI , but no pc's are provided, I connected with my BB, many guests had laptops. Could usually get WIFI in room no problem.

Party spots : thursday/sat The Jungle ( right across the street) better on thursday , ladies night, so place was packed, and believe me they don't use measured shots for the drinks..

Fri/Sun/Tue : Alfred's on the beach, live bands , best on friday's also quite liberal with the shots
Fri/mon: On the roof (or Roof top?) in the town of Negril , more of an afterhours club we got there around 1:00 -1:30 on monday night and it was PACKED , I do however recommend you here with locals . tight on the drinks here

Food: eat roadside , not beach side , cheaper, and the food in the "drums" from the vendors that come out at night for the club crowd is the BEST , and very inexpensive.

Brother's Place :

Nice vibe, good food, nice to hang out for a few drinks during the day or before the party, everything is made fresh to order, so don't wait til you are starving to order. and , get your prices BEFORE ordering, even if you get same thing everytime, there are a lot of 'cooks in the kitchen" so to speak , and they all have their own ideas on what costs should be, ask for Chris he will take care of you.

we tried the akee and saltfish with the best fried dumplings ever, pizza, vegetarian patties and fried chicken from there all very good. They are the on beach, in between alfred's and Roots cafe

Rick's Cafe , very touristy, kinda pricey, but well worth it to go the cliff divers , next time we will bring swim suits ( they have a pool on site, and you can swim in water at bottom of cliffs( without jumping off) and spend the day

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Let' start with the room. The AC and TV worked and there was plenty of hot water, but that is all on the plus side. There were two double beds, a dresser, and a night stand, but that was it. Tile floors, no rugs. No glasses, no frig, no phone, no ice bucket, nothing. A Motel 6 has more amenities.

Every afternoon a DJ set up a huge system and blasted reggia music until late at night that could not be escaped. Our first night the people below us partied outside until 3pm. The restaurant had a sign on the beach saying 2 for 1 lobsters everyday and 2$ Red Stripe beers, but they were out of lobster and charged me $3.50 for the beers. We went to the restaurant one evening for a pitcher of ice and they tried to charge for it.

Although there were people there with families, the famous Negril 7 mile beach is not really for kids. Pot smoking is everywhere and everyone from the bus driver, the girl at the reception desk, to the maintenance man, the waitresses, and the batman tried to sell us pot. There are a number of young men 18 to 24 years old roaming the beach trying to sell you potmas well and some are very aggressive, bordering on intimidating. Prostitution seems very accepted and apparently you can "rent" a man, woman, girl, or boy for as long as you like. .

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank J D
Reviewed 22 April 2011

While I agree the location of this hotel is ideal, there are several others just as ideal and nicer than this. Look elsewhere. Here are the catches that I have not read from other reviews and certainly is not on the fun holiday website.
Catch 1: The swim up bar does not give drinks to all inclusive members, it is a cash only bar. So every time you want a drink, you have to walk to the other bar further ingrounds by the kitchen. Ridiculous.

catch 2: The all inclusive drinks consists of cheap rum and about 5 other bottles of cheap choices TOTAL. The swim up bar, that you have to pay for, even if you're all inclusive, has better choices and a bigger selection.

Catch 3: The all inclusive food is not like most resorts where you can graze all day. You can only eat when they serve food which is morning noon and dusk. So if you miss it, tough for you.

Aside from the catches, our room was by far the biggest dump I've ever stayed in, and I'm a biker and have been in some really dumpy places but this was just scarey.
The biggest issues were:

1. you get 2 towels. That's it. no hand towels, washclothes, nothing. and after you use the towel several times, including bringing it to the beach because there are no beach towels, it takes a miracle to get a new (and I use that term loosely) towel. I had to buy a beach towel and just left it there...I figured they could use em more than me.

2. NO AIR CONDITIONING! Are you kidding me? it's 90 degrees out and the airconditioner would not work. We slept with the no-screen windows open and the windows, mind you, are the same ones I think they had on Little house on the Praire. There is supposed to be a remote to turn the ac on, which we didn't have so we borrowed a neighbors and they could get it to turn on, but not blow any air.

3. Shower did not drain

4. Cockroach ran across our floor but luckily the ferrel cats that roam the hotel grounds ran after it and caught it.

5. I woke up with bites all over and felt something run across my face in the middle of the night. Bed bugs anyone? Lucky I had my free airplane blanket and slept on that. It also came in handy as a towel (see item 1 above)

6. No remote for tv so the night we wanted to chill out, um I mean, sweat it out in our room, we had to get up and change the channel each time. Tv wires coming out of the wall were a nice safety feature as well.

7. ALL the lounge chairs are busted right were your but goes so unless you get a pad which there are about 2 for every 10 chairs, you're gonna be sore. Most of them are attempted to be fixed by putting screws right into the part that broken so you can enjoy sitting on the screw heads as well. Might be a thrill for some I guess.

8. And for the grand finale......pubic hair on my sheets.....nuff said.

Room Tip: dont go here
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank jbel
Reviewed 22 April 2011

THE BAD
1st thing you need to be aware of if that 2.5 stars in Jamaica means 1 star in the US. This place is a dump by American standards. The hotel is run down and the rooms are worn down and dirty. No phones in the room or shampoo. You had to fight to get clean towels or soap.

Our room had a dirty fridge in it that didn't work and the tv didn't work. Our friends room had problems with the A/C and full of ants and bugs. I had bites all over my feet. THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR CHILDREN. Unless you want them smelling and seeing marijuana all day.

The all inclusive deal is a rip off too. You get three meals a day. They are brought out buffet style and are not on the same time schedule every day. One day breakfast might be at 8, the next day 9:30 and when the food is gone you have to wait hours to eat again. Most of the food was pretty poor but that is not uncommon when you travel to the Caribbean.

The bar is a joke. You get a small selection of cheap alcohol and foamy Red Stripe out of the tap. The swim up pool bar has better options BUT IS A CASH BAR, so the pool never gets used.

THE GOOD
The location is good. Right on the beach and ocean is fantastic. The service was decent. Most of the people at the resort where very nice and accommodating (unless you needed clean towels).

SUMMARY
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There are many hotels up and down the beach that are far nicer for the money.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank dannyo76