All reviewsrooms are very basicseven mile beachsmall hotelsecurity guynegril beachalways felt safea great weekreal jamaicabeautiful beachjamaican foodlaid backnight lifegreat triprecommend this resortricks cafeyoshininja
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Great hotel at a nominal rate. I spent 8 nights with my partner end of March this year (2012) before going to our usual holiday break in a Montego bay resort and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was a short spate when the lights went off but whilst the staff were sorting the problems the guests were well behaved and relaxed with candles and torches( I always travel with a torch). As usual and expected the staff were friendly, room very basic but clean, shopping plaza closeby but worth going into the centre of town about 1 mile. Food excelent but cant help wandering if for once it could be on time, i suppose its 'Jamaican time'; For non-smookers like us you may have to move a few times whilst eating as there seams to be no special designated area as smokers smokes everywhere in the dining area . I'm still going back to spend a few days next year so it cant be bad eh!

Room Tip: top floor if you dont like cats
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank forever1england
Reviewed May 6, 2012

April 27-May4/2012
Where do you start with this place! The rooms are very basic but clean, i would put it in the hostel category not resort though. It is located on an excellent stretch of beach and close to town so you can walk to downtown. Some of the staff are very friendly and helpful, the cook and security guards, see other posts. The bar staff would not have a job in Canada...I realize people do not move very fast in Jamaica but these guys have no customer service skills what so ever. They sat at the bar on their phones all day and seemed resentful when they had to get up and serve you. Half the time there was no ice and the all inclusive bar was Vodka, Rum, Gin (which they ran out of), the whiskey was non existent. Beer was draft only. Now, 4 days into our stay they opened the swim up bar on the beach. They had all kinds of booze there, including whiskey, gin and bottled beer. The all inclusive people could not get a drink at this bar unless they paid, which was $6 for a drink. The bartender would not serve me what I was drinking at the other bar and told me I would have to go and get it myself, despite the fact that he did not serve one person at the pay bar. (The other bar is 20 feet away.)
On to the food, everyday was chicken for lunch and supper. The chicken was good but did become a little boring after a few days. Breakfast was pretty much the same everyday and you would have to wait till 8-8:30 to eat. I stopped eating supper here after a few days as I didn't like eating with 6 cats running around my table while I was eating, they lived at the resort (hostel). By the end of the trip we were eating at other restaurants which made the experience much better. Roots next door had great breakfasts, try their banana pancakes. The Italian cafe down the street was fabulous and Sweet Spot for good cheap local food. The guy on the beach selling patties from a cardboard box is the place to get good patties for $1-1:50. You can buy cold Red Stripe beer from the local stores for $1.50 (not $6). The moral of my story would be not to go All Inclusive here as it is a rip off, most of the people who just paid for a room were happy with the place as they got what they expected.
When you go walking on the beach be prepared!!!!! They will try to sell you everything and I mean everything. Try not to shake hands with people as you may be surprised at what they put in your hands. Always barter and walk away if your not happy. Even when your sitting on the beach they come up to you to buy from them. There is an older woman on the beach that walks around with a cardboard box on her head and sells cake. It is delicious and we kept an eye out for her everyday.
All in all we had a great time, but I would not go all inclusive here as there are so many other better options. We went to Appleton's and YS falls with a driver not a tour, Alrick was our driver and he was fantastic, we had a great fun day with him. Check out Jamaican tour guides. You can buy your Rum cheaper at the airport and don't have to worry about packing it in your suitcase.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank rainylor
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Thank you first to those of you who gave this resort a positive review. Yes, it is small, not alot of perks but was one of the best holidays I've been on. We had minor complaints, but it did not at all lessen our wonderful week there. The staff is amazing ... treated us like queens. The buffet is small yes, but the food was amazing and we definately never went hungry. There was still variety and it was always delicious. Our room clean ... everything worked ... not fancy but who needs fancy when you're there for the beach, ocean and fresh air. The beach is beautiful, the ocean crystal clear. The security was really great. If a seller lingered too long the security was right there to shoo them away so they were not an annoyance to anyone. We got to know the staff so well being that it is such a small resort so we had loads of fun with them all. All in all like I said, it was the best holiday I've been on and would definately go back. To those who have given a negative review ... stick with your 4 and 5 star resorts then.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank linny-sask
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have just returned home from Negril Jamaica where I spent 13 wonderful days.I stayed at the Fun Holiday Resort and well the staff was fantastic the hotel its self was questionable.
Now do not get me wrong I do not need a 5 star hotel but.
1) they have the menue with American $ but the staff doesnt know what to do when you want to pay.I didnt do the all inclusive so I was paying as I go.I attempted to pay for breakfast and it took 3 of them to figure out what the cost was and then another 10 minutes to try to find change.
2) Only 1 day did they have Red Stripe beer and that is the main beer in Jamaica.The one day I did get one I have to leave 1000.00 J about 10.00 Can money with the bartender because they never once has change.This to me is unreal.They lost most of my business because of this.I ate my meal elsewhere and went next door to buy my beer.
3) they say free wifi but most times I couldnt connect.
4) the cleaning staff never had enough clean things to keep the bathroom stocked.Once I had no TP and had to go to front desk to get some,most days no wash clothes or bath matt.As it is 1st come 1st get with the cleaning staff if they are not the 1st ones in then they do not get what they need for thier guests.The staff is great but it doesnt look to me like they are treated very well.
5) Security is the best.Always watching out for us and never pushing thier weight around like some resorts.We felt able to come and go with whomever we pleased,we just let them know the people were with us and that was it.
6) They say that there is all this entertainment in the paper they give you when you check in and never one in 13 days did I see any of this.It is a boring hotel but okay if you are only there to sleep.
7) Food is not very good but there are plenty of eating places around.
8) I had no water pressure so washing my hair was a pain.I was upstairs facing the pool and ocean.Beautiful view.

Room Tip: If you want to use the wifi its best to get a room across from the office.If you want the view like I has you want the upstairs the D rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Becky D
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I am going to keep this short. My husband and I have travelled to many places down south and this was our first trip to Jamaica. Beach and ocean was beautiful, "motel" not so much. This was basically a run down Melrose Place. Had ants coming out the of the drains of both the tub and sink. They ran out of beer and rum for over 24hrs the second day we were there and other than the breakfast, lunch and suppertimes, you had no access to food other than going to the restaurants or cafes nearby. Pool out of use for 5 of the 7 days we were there because of e-coli. Computer and camera stolen out of friend's room while they were at the beach. Staff were friendly. If you are going to Jamaica (or Negril) pay a little extra and go to a "Resort". We are easy people to get along with and have stayed at 3*-4 1/2* in dominican and cuba and I lived in Africa. But this was beyond everything I have ever experienced. (negative) Message to management: put some funds into this establishment and you could have a great place.

Room Tip: We stayed in A108 (oceanview lol)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple