“The hotel overbooked but the online booking said my room was reserved”

Fun Holiday Beach Resort
Ranked #66 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 27 June 2017

The hotel supposedly let guest stay over till the next day. So my room was gone. The online booking confirmed my room reservation n payed for the room online. They shuttled people over to a bad bad hotel... trying to find that hotel online to write a review. Beachcomber... the shower n bathtub didn't work soo... I'm working with the online booking to get my money back. When a hotel let's people stay over n you get knocked out because of that your supposed to get compensated to an upgrade hotel, this did not happen I'm upset with this hotel fun holiday for doing so... book this place at your own risk. When you show up after u payed you might not get a room.

Room Tip: Booked online no room when I got thier buyer beware
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Joseph O

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Don't expect much...it's the perfect location to the beach...the staff are all very friendly...place is very outdated and needs work. There are some nice local Jerk Chicken spots close by. The food at the resort was not impressive at all.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LoveCaryl
Reviewed 1 June 2017

I always like to give the benefit of the doubt, but I wish I'd trusted the reviews I'd read everywhere. Don't get me wrong, we weren't miserable staying here, but it was definitely not as great as I'd hoped it would be (and I didn't have very high expectations from the beginning). The day we arrived the staff was short and rude with us. When we got to our room (which smelled like weed and cigarette smoke), our air conditioner didn't work and we had to continually ask for about 3 hours if we could be moved to another room because it was so hot we could barely breathe. When they did move us they acted extremely mad about having to do so.

Your room is connected to your neighbor's room by a door that's not sealed, and we ended up sharing a wall with a person who would watch his TV at full volume until 4am and start smoking as soon as he woke up. The crack between the door and the wall was pretty big so walking by you could see into your neighbor's room.

We got the all-inclusive package, which in most places means you're treated great, but here it means they'll treat you like a nuisance until you tip them well. We also weren't given our all-inclusive arm bands for the first 3-4 hours because 'they weren't ready yet,' so we had to spend that whole time explaining ourselves just to get some lunch and water after we'd spent the whole day traveling.

Laying out on the beach was great, we never had to fight for space to get a chair or get under an umbrella. Just keep in mind that this is a public beach, which means you'll be pestered by people all day long who are trying to sell you weed, fruit, jewelry, massages, boat/waterfall tours, etc.

The food was good and they work to keep you entertained during lunch and dinner. Just don't expect to be able to order off the menu. We were only able to order off the menu once the whole time we were there, any other time we'd try they'd tell us they couldn't help us and we'd have to wait for the buffet to be ready.

The resort was supposed to offer free wifi, which we were especially counting on during our trip because we were trying to work through some personal business, but it never worked while we were there and the staff never fixed it.

Like I said, we weren't miserable. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay, then I definitely recommend this place. But if you're looking to be even a little bit pampered or have a nice room you can relax in, you may want to look elsewhere.

A few tips -- the mosquitos are painfully bad around sunset, so be sure to pack some bug repellant. You do have to give them a cash deposit up front for a beach towel, so be prepared for that or bring your own. Order the Dirty Banana if you want a really good frozen drink. :) If you don't smoke weed or you're tired of people pestering you about buying it, just tell them you're with the DEA and watch how quick they leave you alone. ;P

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank LoveToWander817
Reviewed 27 May 2017

I have travelled to Jamaica on several times Great location. Friendly staff. Place is a little out dated The owner should make some upgrades to the units. I understand the rooms are much cheaper........but if remodeled they could raise the price a little.
Not to mention AC units are not fully functional at times. The food was adequate. Music was fabulous.

Stayed: May 2017
6  Thank markdodds
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Great value
Delicious food
Family atmosphere
Perfect location
Wake up to fresh coffee and the beach
Friendly welcoming staff
Nice pool
Small resort
Very casual
Good service
Surrounded by stores and restaurants
Why pay more?

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank novascotian2014
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I had spend a few days at this resort it's very nice the food is okay and the room are nice and bathroom it's not a over the top resort but it's nice and it will fit a person who isn't into spending too much and want to still have a nice vacation. Beautiful beach great and friendly staff I want to shout out country the entertainment guy he is amazing and he know how to make you laugh and keep you entertained.i would recommend this resort to anyone.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rashawn D
Reviewed 4 May 2017

I will come back here again. It is all you could ever want. Best location on the beach, quaint hotel, simple, best staff ever, and food was amazing, I was told they recently got a new chef. Met so many people. Travelling on my own and met many other solos as well as couples, friends travelling together, families, it really was a great mix. Went for an hour walk on the beach every morning, met the locals, people are great and if you like music, many great bars and clubs just up the street. Felt completely safe. Nice to stay in a resort where you don't have to walk miles on the grounds just to get to the beach. One night the dining staff put the tables on the beach and we had a barbecue looking up at the stars. Honestly, this was paradise.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo