“Our Wedding at Rui Negril”

ClubHotel Riu Negril
Ranked #26 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Illinois
“Our Wedding at Rui Negril”
Reviewed 2 June 2009

We stayed at Rui Negril from May 14th until May 22nd, 2009. We stayed in the 3100 block. Our group consisted of 15 people. Ages from 13 to 49. We had a great time there. The service could have been a little better but for the most part the service was good. The drinks tasted strong but the alcohol content is low. The serve draft beer and light draft beer. They ran out of light draft beer almost every day.

Food: The food was okay. Good varieties. Breakfast was excellent every day. They have an omelets station. Lunch buffet is okay. The Jamaican Jerk Hut on the beach is good for lunch. Get there right when he opens. Dinner buffet had good varieties, the steak house is good. They don’t have very good fruit or bread and very little seafood.

Activities: When you first get there a guy named Nigel will try to sell you a "Ricky Cafe Sunset Tour" for $50.00. If you go the beach on the left hand side there is a guy named Patrick there. He will sell you the same trip for $30.00. The trip is from 2 till 7. You go snorkeling and cliff jumping. The ride back you will see a beautiful sunset. He serves red strip on the boat. I highly recommended this trip. Once you get to Rick Cafe beware they only give you change back in Jamaican money. So take lots of little bills. I also recommend the zip line tour. You book this right by the front desk inside the hotel where the vendors are located. It is $70.00 a person, it is a blast. Make sure you wear tennis shoe and take bug spray. The bugs are bad there. The bus ride to get to the zip line place is long.

We walked the public beach, which to the left of the beach at the resort. They have a lot of jewelry, woodwork and paintings. Most of the outside venders are connected, so if you like something at the first stand just wait, the further down you go a lot of times it is cheaper. The locals are okay but I would go in a group on the public beach. There is a guy name "Itil" he sells lobster, he serves it with toast and tomatoes . The lobster is excellent! He charges anywhere from $15 to $30 per lobster but it is worth it.

Rooms: The rooms are nice, we got an upgrade because we had our wedding there. I had to argue with the front desk for three days to get the upgraded suit but it was well worth it. The sliding patios doors must be locked for the ac to work. They lock by a latch in the middle of the door.

The beach seemed clean by a little rough in places. Take insulated mugs to the beach. Which they don’t sell at the resort. The drinks they serve are tiny, they will fill up your mugs for you if you ask.

Salon:
Me and my husband both got massages in the beach hut. The massages were wonderful, very relaxing. I had the salon do my hair and nails for the wedding. I highly recommend doing a run thru with your hair for the wedding and take a picture of what you want. Warn them before they start, that you don’t want a bunch of hairspray. I took my own hairspray, but they caked it on. They do an okay job on your nails, but not worth the money.

Wedding:
We booked our wedding online. The only communication we had with the wedding coordinator was thru email. You send your legal docs down 30 days before the wedding. I highly highly recommend doing a run thru of the wedding. I would suggest ordering chair covers for the wedding if you have guests sitting. They are $6 a chair. But the chairs look like lawn chairs w/o the covers. When you finally get the hotel, make sure you tell the front desk you need to make an appointment with the wedding coordinator. If your dress needs steamed it take them at least 48 hours to get it back to you, they send it off site to get it steamed. They did a good job on my dress. You pick out your bouquet when you get there, but if you want something other than the free ones. Make sure you order it before you get there. We made the bouquets are home with fake flowers and carry them on the plane. The groomsmen wore linen pants with white short sleeves and my husband wore a linen suit. We got the guys outfits at JCPennys. We had four groomsman and four bridesmaids The preacher is very nice but a little hard to understand. He does a traditional religious ceremony. We signed the marriage certificate and had our first toasted right on the beach after the ceremony. I had no problem changing my name when we got back to the states. As for the champagne, it isn’t the greatest they also serve an orange punch, mix the punch and champagne together and it pretty good. We had a great time at our wedding. Our pictures are beautiful. The photographer did a good job but a little pricey. We took our own photographer too. We had a great time at our wedding. Wouldn't change it! We had our reception at the steak house. The food was good. They had the cake set up for us. We had plenty of room to throw the bouquet and the garter. We did our first dance on the walk way in front of the beach. We took an iPod and speaker. After the wedding there is a dance club you can go dance at but it isn’t open on Mondays. The next morning they served us breakfast in bed.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank DawnK18

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,356)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
vail
Reviewed 1 June 2009

We went on this trip to relax and wind down and that's exactly what we did! A great getaway and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking at going to Negril.
As far as Jamaica goes it's not exactly the most tropical, untouched country out there (not there are many out there anymore). There is obvious poverty, crime and trash as you make your way out to Negril so if you're looking at venturing out of the resort to 'experience' the culture I would recommend another place such as Tahiti or Fiji.
With that being said, the resort was self contained and very well managed and there was really no reason to leave the property grounds. They have security at night that literally don't let you walk out of the property grounds due to safety.
Arrival - very smooth and efficient. Try to request Building 1 or 2 as they are nice and close to everything. You can always get a cheaper price on taxi's if your patient.
Rooms - I would say the main reason a star is taken off the hotel. Don't get me wrong, they're not bad...they just need some upgrades such as new bedspreads, TV's and fixtures and they smell damp. Didn't worry us at all but if you're looking for luxury, this is not the place. The bathrooms were nice and the housekeepers always did a good job cleaning the place. Bring toiletries!! They don't provide lotion or conditioner and it's expensive in the hotel shop. Don't forget sunscreen either.
Beach - now I'm the first to say that I'm a snob when it comes to beaches and sand. After visiting some of the best in the word, this doesn't rank up there with the most pristine beaches of paradise you have ever seen, but it certainly wasn't bad. I would say that our part of the beach was the best we saw while we were there. Tucked away in the cove it was nice and protected and kept clean. Plenty of sun beds, never had to worry about it. In fact there were so many you could be on your own. The sand was white and soft right near the shoreline but you can tell they have extended back to create more beach. The shallow waters were fine but as you went out further the sand got very mushy. Not a big deal, but if this is what you're coming for I would definitely look at another island as I think it's the same wherever you go on the island. It was still beautiful and they realign the sunbeds and rake the beach every night. Bring floaties for the water.
Restaurants - By the far the best was the Jerk chicken on the beach. The other buffet restaurants were fine. Nothing flashy but a lot to choose from so you always found something. Some of the seafood was actually really good. We never tried any of the specialty restaurants - we talked to others there who said they weren't worth it.
Bars - service was great and alcohol was actually generously served. I loved the coffee, but i guess I have to compare it to American coffee so not much going for me.
Service - fabulous! Everyone was always happy to help and seemed just happy to be there. You could tell it was a competitive workplace and they love to get their name on a comment card. Very friendly and fun. The shows were pretty good, especially seeing as they are free.
The only reason I wouldn't go back is because I don't like to go to the same country twice. So if you're looking for a cheap option that has great facilities and a nice relaxing beach then go for it! If you're looking for more untouched beauty, then I'm afraid you have to pay for it if you want to stay within the Caribbean. If not...go to Thailand!! It is cheap, gorgeous, safe, friendly and a great cultural experience. It's one place I would definitely go back to again.
Hope this helps!

4 Thank aussieamericanVail
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 June 2009

The transport to the resort :

The worst part of this trip ..Jamaica is a third world country and the road to the resort was lined with garbage and filth almost the entire way..People here are either very rich or in a state of desolation (mostly the former)...I wish I had about $1,000,000 in fives to throw out the window to these poor souls along the way...A bright spot was the fact that most of the native folk are very clean and well-groomed, especially the kids who must all wear uniforms to school..The rest all look like Bob Marley....We stopped at a small local tavern along the way during the 1 1/2 hour ride for a drink, and then resumed our trip to the resort which is kind of like an oasis which rose up out of all the despair you witness here.

The resort:

This resort was far nicer and larger than I had expected..We stayed at Block #4 which was the fartest one away from "things", which I didn't mind at all..Our room was very nice and attended to daily at approx. 11:00AM...The bed was gigantic and I had to roll over about four times to find my wife each evening.

The AC runs but makes your room barely cool, just enough to get by.

They stock your room refrigerator every two days, but we don't really drink so it was of no consequence when they did it..My drink review...The Jamaican Diet Coke is way better tasting than our American brew. Drinks at the bars are watered down..Tip the bartenders for more alcohol content in your swill.

The climate:...

HOT....MUGGY....BUGGY.....We were there for my daughters wedding on the beach, and these little no-seeums were using my legs for target practice..I actually looked like I was dancing, I had to swat these things so much!
A few passing thunderstorms but 95% gorgeous weather. You're sweating at 8:00AM..

Food:
The best part of this trip was the morning breakfast buffet...Get there by 7:00 AM sharp to avoid the crowds....Enough variety to feed a herd of elephants....TWICE!...I looked forward to this meal each day..There is a fellow there who will make you a wickedly good egg omelet with the fixins of your choice....Good, good food.
The afternoon buffets were scattered..We ate at the Italian restaurant one day, and the steak house buffet the next, etc....All good food, just remember, all of these open air buffets contain flies, and they're hungry too!...Not enough of them to really bother an old farmer like me though!
The evening meal?.....We did the reserved restaurant for one night...The steak was a little tough but delicious..Portions were somewhat skimpy , but just enough to leave room for desert...No complaints there.....The rest of the week, we just ate at the buffet in the large dining hall....Plenty of variety and good too...No complaints.

Activities:
My wife loves to shop for souvenirs...There are vendors along the beach, most sell the same merchandise....Just remember...EVERYTHING is negotiable in Jamaica...If they want $10, offer them $6...Never pay their asking price for anything. Many evenings, there are local vendors who are allowed to come into the resort complex and set up tables..A flea market of sorts.
We went to the lobby of the resort where staff will hook you up with a ride to town to the various local flea markets,etc...As soon as you step out of the vehicle, the vendors all vie for your attention, like some long-lost relative...You feel like you are in the middle of a tug-of-war. Just about all of them sell the same merchandise....buy from the one giving the best price.
Aside from that, there are all sorts of side trips available, but I didn't go to an all-inclusive resort to spend moolah, so we mostly stuck by the pool and the beach...The bay water is teaming with all sorts of tropical fish, wished I'd brought my fishin' pole along! We worked out in the fitness room a bit, laid out on the beach some, just took it easy. Plenty to do here.

The staff:
Very friendly, but tip them if you desire any special treatment, they love American money.

The Bad:
There are vendors roaming the resort beach with garbage bags full of cigarettes....And Marijuana...And they charge too much for both!...Several folks told us that these vendors were approaching teenagers as well...Not good.
Wherever you go, off resort grounds, there will be locals out to swindle you out of your money...They all operate under the same system, whereas they will apporach you and tell you a tale about the history of Jamaica, while placing some kind of trinket in your hand...A "gift"...Next they ask for a "tip".. And believe me, they want more than $1.00...We were hounded, and followed right to our vehicle, at which point our cab driver would chase them off......................Kinda takes away from the joy of a "vacation".

Next time.

Fishing gear
Bring own scuba gear.
Bring a lot of $1 bills.

2 Thank bigk358
NJ
Reviewed 1 June 2009

First time in Jamaica, May 23-30. The people there make the trip worth it, from the bus driver (Richard) to the creepy crawlers on the edges of the resort (Henry) LOL, dont worry he's cool.. Hotel is very nicely kept, first couple of days were amazing, just being in Jamaica and the redstripes, i mean sun. Hotel gets old after a while, 5 days should be plenty of time for a good vacation. I guess you have to be lucky, We didnt have or heard a lot of the bad things that seem to happen to others. Check in/check out was smooth and fast. AC was cool, some days it was just very hot and humid out, cant expect the AC to keep you frosty, but it was fine, trust me I can't stand being hot. Lots of stuff to eat, restaurants have almost the same things as the buffets. Beach was cool, but it is a man made beach, bit murky, cant really see the bottom... went to margaritaville, the beach there looks amazing, way better, so if your there for the beach as advertized, go further south. Bars at every turn, some of the bartenders are pretty damn cool, Ruen, Roydel, Garry.. Entertainment questionable, some shows were just boring, celine dion? beach party was cool, water aerobics was funny... what can I say pool bar opens at 10am, aerobics 12p. Club was cool, nice layout, but the DJ plays the same thing every night! Ask the locals were the happening place is for that night if you want to get out of the resort, margaritaville and the jungle are the top spot for tourists alfreds, roots, other places but make sure you leave the resort a couple of times and you wont be bored, not that dangerous in negril, they just want your money all the time. I dont believe they drain their sewage into the beach, but it looks like they do... probably just filter rain water or something, I didnt want to know then or now. but it smells if your beach chair is 10-15 feet next to these rocks, i read someone say it smelled like cats, i saw 4-5 cats hanging out by casino every other night. We had a great time! no issues, just the day before we left our toilet backed up, but we called the front desk a couple of times, just to make sure and someone came and took care of it, someone came in the morning next day to make sure it was still working. Nice good people and fun in the sun! Will definately be back to Jamaica, but not same resort, been there done that, not that it was bad.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 31 May 2009

We had a great time while at the Riu Negril. So here is what I thought of everything I experienced while there. We were there May 13 to May 20 2009.

Location: If you like very little waves and seeing lights on the other side while look out from the beach then this would be good for you. I personally felt like I was on a lake though. When I look off from a beach I like to see nothing but water or a few islands dotting the horizon, but that is just a personal preference. It was a very peaceful area except for an occasional jet ski. It was also a pretty location. The distance to town for shopping and such was an additional 5 to 10 mins (by taxi) then if you are on 7 Mile, so not to bad.

Beach: Beach was very pretty lots of palm trees for shade or lots of sun if you want. We did a little of both. The sand is a little coarser then 7 mile but still not too bad. What I really like was if you want to hang out with the crowd you can go to the middle and South end. If you want to hang out where it was a little more quite you can go to the North end by the fish sanctuary. This was another plus for the beach. It was very cool to be able to walk around in the water and see marine life. We brought our own beach towels and never used the hotel towels. We also brought some see through air rafts with us and floated around at the fish sanctuary and looked right through the pillow section and saw all sorts of things. It was like have water goggles on.

Resort: Resort was very pretty with lot of tropical plants. All the restaurants we went to were nice. The pools were very clean. Although we were setting at one of the tables in the pool and my foot hit one of the under water lights and it came out of the wall and floated to the surface. I don’t think they even use the lights though, I never did see the pools lit up at night. The other thing about the pool is the fact it closes at 6PM. We like to swim at night sometimes and thought 6PM was a little early to close the pool.
The shows (the ones we saw) we okay, at least they were entertaining for the most part and the entertainers do work hard at it. The lobby was beautiful. The public use bathrooms, oops I mean water closets as they call them were clean. One thing we did not realize until we were there a couple of days is that there are 2 gift shops. If you are looking straight at the reception desk around the corners, there is one to the left and one to the right. We liked the one to the left had more selection and you could buy snacks, headache and cold relief medication. I think they could have had a better layout of the hotel. There are 4 building for guest to stay in. They have the main part of the resort all at one end and guest rooms on the other end. I think they should of had 2 building for the guest room on both sides of the main resort area. We did go to the disco about 3 or 4 times and it wasn’t too bad. They play multi-cultural dance music leaning a little toward American music. We had fun most of the times we went.

Rooms: We were in room 2155 on the second floor of building #2. Room was very roomy. Had a four bottle liquor dispenser fridge, hair dryer, nice size restroom and ample space to put your clothes away. We even had room left over for you suit case to go in the closet. We also brought an over the door shoe holder to put all the little stuff in, it was very handy. We hung it on the restroom door. Room was kept nice and clean. One day we forgot to take of the do not disturb sign so it wasn’t clean when we return late in the afternoon. Housekeeping called us about 7PM and asked if we wanted it clean and came up while we were out for dinner and cleaned it. We tip them every day. If you have a room that is on the end of the U of the building ask for a corner room. They have way more circulation on the balcony then the others. The others have solid walls dividing the balconies. Okay my biggest complaint of the entire place is the A/C in the room it barely kept the room cool. Now we did have one day when it rained and cooled off into the 60’s outside and the room actually got cold. I’m sure they are trying to save some money with an energy management system but come on. At times we were sweating in the room. It didn’t remove the humidity from the room very well. The bed is my other complaint on the room. Not that it was hard but had a big dip in the middle of the bed.

Restaurants: Green Island, Shadows and Luigis were all about the same. I had stuff that was really good and stuff that wasn’t. It was about average all together for buffet style food. Seem like anything chicken was really good. Food temperatures were good and I never left hungry. I even tried some things I have never had like octopus, curried goat and ox tail stew. Curried goat was my favorite of those. Get there fairly earlier as it seems about half way through service if they run out they do not replace it. We did try the one of the specialty restaurants one night. We opted for Shadow steak house. Big mistake!!! Service is very slow. They lost our ticket and we got our food about the time everyone else was finishing their meals. I had the pork chops and my girlfriend had the shrimp. The pork chop was a little tough and half the shrimp were burnt. I would have been happier with the buffet.

Summary: This is our 3rd trip to Jamaica and our 2nd to Negril. Our 1st stay in Negril was on 7 mile beach and it was a fantastic time and wonderful beach. If you like doing long walks on the beach then 7 mile is the best for that. I am glad to have experienced Bloody Bay but probably will not return to it. The RIU was a good experience overall and we had a great time while there. For me the location is not what I typical would desire for a beach and ocean view. So while we will be back to Negril we won’t be back to the RIU Negril. I think every should experience it just because it is a little different, so with that said I think a one time visit to the RIU would be a fun and wonderful time. Overall I would give the RIU 3.5 stars.

Excursions: We did the Rick’s Café cruise from Scuba Caribe at the shack at the far end of the beach. This was a very fun thing to do. We also went to Rockland Bird Sanctuary. My girlfriend absolutely loves birds, but I didn’t think much of the idea. I was pleasantly surprise. It was pretty cool watching the hummingbird come and land on her finger and drink from the little bottle she was holding. Finches were also eating from her lap where they had placed bird see. Plus it was a drive up a mountain which was fun but VERY bumpy as you got closer to the sanctuary,

If you would like to see more pictures got to this link: http://travel.webshots.com/album/572479547fTkYTX

5 Thank scomar
ontario
Reviewed 30 May 2009

I visted this resort for 3 nights in March 2009. I decided to return again for 6 nights from May 21-27.

I like to use Clive's Transport Service when visiting Jamaica. Use google to find the website or visit http://www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com. They are a great company and do an awesome job. I have used them 4 times. You can opt for a regular transfer or guaranteed private transfer. Each time I have paid for the Regular (Shared) transfer but received private as they have many cars/vans to accomodate people. It was a great ride and is much faster than taking a coach bus, especially when the roads are busy. It took just over an hour each way. The "shared" transfer is $20 each way per person. If you have 3 or 4 people, a private transfer might be cheaper. You can make reservations on the website and they will send you a confirmation email. You pay the driver when in Jamaica. When making the reservation, we checked off that we wanted the Prepaid cell phone for $20. What a great deal that was. Someone that works for Clive's will meet you at the airport with a sign saying CLIVES TRANSPORT. That person will then give you the prepaid cell phone. The cell has free incoming calls (even long distance) and free text messages. You can also use 4 minutes of calling long distance or around 10 mins of local calls. I would use this company even when I book a package with a tour operator.

Check-in went smoothly. Stayed in Block 1, Floor 2 (Room 1148). Great oceanview/beachfront room!

Had no problems at all with the resort. I saw the security guy every night, even at 5am. I felt safe. Although I did not know about the robberies until returning home and reading the reviews. I locked my sliding door in my room and made sure it was locked at all times when I was not on the balcony.

The food was good, always found something to eat. The drinks were great, not watered down at all. Ask the bartenders to make you their "special". Each bartender has their own special, all equally delicious.

The air conditioning worked perfectly. Many times we had to turn it up as it was too cold. Make sure the red switch by the door with RIU on it is switched on. When it is switched off, the power in the room is shut off and is probably why some rooms are very hot. The maids tend to switch it off to conserve energy. There is also a ceiling fan.

The staff at the resort are awesome (the entertainment staff and the bartenders especially). We did not receive towels one day, called down and received a bunch within minutes. Our bar was restocked when necessary.

As for the disco on the resort, it is a good place to go for a drink before you go out in town. I dont know how people can say there is nothing to do at night; there are tons of places to go. We went every night. Every night there is a different bar you could go to. The Jungle and Alfred's Beach Party were my favs. The Jungle is great on Thursdays (Ladies Night - Free admission) or Saturdays. Alfred's is good Fridays and Tuesdays. There are others options as well. Ask the bartenders where is good to go out. Cabs to the Jungle or Alfreds run about $10 each way but you can split this with a few people.

There is also a local craft market you can visit to do some shopping, the hotel can arrange a cab for you. Approx $10 each way again.

There were many weddings going on the week I was there. There were a few groups of 40 + people and everyone seemed very satisfied.

There are computers you can pay to use the internet on. WiFi is also available in the lobby . If you have your laptop or iTouch, etc you can connect for free.

This is my second time back to the resort, and I had a great time. I have been to Riu's before and other 4-5* resorts and love this resort. I am a travel agent, and have not had any problems from any clients I have sent to this resort in the past.

You will have a great time at the Riu and in town if you go with an open mind!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
birmingham uk
Reviewed 29 May 2009

We stayed at the hotel 12th to 26th of May. Firstly I want to talk about some of the comments previously, positive and negative, give my thoughts, then add a few more comments.
Firstly, we were in block 1, and had no problem with security, although I gather most problems occurred in other blocks (see my comment about our block later in the review).
We were very wary about being pestered with drugs, we were asked once!!!! so not anywhere near as much a problem as has been mentioned before.
ROOMS, were ok, but did smell VERY fousty, although the smell did go after a few days, or we just got used to it!
ENTERTAINMENT, definately holiday camp style, far too repetitve, shows a bit tacky and amaturish, but they do try really hard.
The pool DOES have towels all over the sunbeds,saving them, which is very frustrating, but I guess its just a fact of life its going to happen now. The BEACH was pretty poor, by that I mean the sand, i've seen better sand on the med, although the sea is crystal clear and lovely and warm.
FOOD......... just ok, very sporadic, by that I mean some mornings they run out of bread for toast, some mornings no butter. Lunch snacks were good in Shaddows, but evening meal pretty repetitive, if it was'nt for the steaks and chicken, pork etc, they do every night i'd have struggled! YES the other restaraunts were a pain, having to queue from 8am was a bit silly. We only tried two, as we wer'nt too keen on the menu in St Andrews, but we found them both pretty good (The Steak house and Luigi's).
RICK'S CAFE, we were glad we took advice from here and booked through the hut at bottom of hotel rather than tour company. The guys were great, even getting us all singing on way back! Rick's cafe was good, and loved the snorkelling!
TRIPS, we booked 3 but only did 2, because we were going to do the black river safari, but it was cancelled with flooding. I've already mentioned the Rick's cafe one, the other we did was the Grand Ocho Rios ( shopping and Dunns river falls). The latter was great, but boy, did they drag the day out!!! Be warned you'll stop for lunch, which was $15 each, we declined and waited on the coach with a few other folks, we wer'nt told about money for lunch beforehand, but a snack would have done, instead of a 3 course meal. WE spent ages shopping, and then to top it all we were dropped at the airport for 30 minutes while the driver went off and filled tank up (even though he put fuel in when other folks went for lunch)!!! Speaking to a few other folks, this seems to be the norm, so, we left at 8 am and arrived back at hotel at 7.30pm, tooooo long!
TIPS, yes you need to tip a bit, but don't need to go over the top, a dollar here and there is ok, but outside the hotel folks expect to be tipped for anything and everyhing, which can get a bit annoying.
AIRCON, whats the problem????? Our room was fine, and it had a setting to adjust.
ANYWAY back to the story about the room. I emailed a few weeks ago requesting a room in blocks 1 or 2, explaing holiday was a special birthday for my wife, and we didnt want other blocks as we'd read reviews. We recieved an email back saying no problem a room in block 2 is reserved for you. On arrival, at 8pm, were given a key to a room in block 4!!!! WE told the guy on the desk, a German guy with ginger hair, but he was totally disinterested saying come back in the morning and he'd sort it for us!!! I went straight up to the main desk, and after some persuation were found the room in block 1 straight away. To be fair, apart from that, which was'nt a good start, the rest of holiday service was ok.
ANOTHER thing though, the noise in the blocks at night!!!! Very inconsiderate guests could'nt gently close doors, for some reason they had to let them slam shut, which in a corridor with no carpets isnt good!!! This was going on all night, up to about 3.00ish once nightclub closed. To top it all at 8am the cleaners started, and believe me there not quiet either!!!! So dont expect too much sleep at night.
Overall, i'd say the hotel was a fairly good standard, although did need a lick of paint here and there. Absolutely nothing to do at night, expect to be totally isolated within the hotel, as its in the middle of nowhere!!!

1 Thank brummiewolves