25 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$377
Orbitz.comUS$447
CheapTicketsUS$447
4,234 results
All reviews swim up room premium section nesta lounge adult section amber bar ackee restaurant mile bar di romagna gourmet corner sensatori hotels palms restaurant gala dinner seven mile coffee bar swim up bar tui rep fantastic holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2021

My wife and I visited this property to celebrate her 40th birthday and our 7 year anniversary. We had 3 other couples to join us on this stay. This was a 7-night stay at the Azul Beach Resort in Negril. We are also Exotic Traveler members

Check-in was very professional and quick - we were led to the premium concierge hut upon arrival and had our stay confirmed, along with the amenities that were granted to us. Upon completion of check-in, we were pleasantly surprised to turn around and see our two butlers, Tamera and Nicholas, ready to assist us. They led us to our room and also gave us a quick tour of the property. They were on top of all details and even took the liberty to ensure we had reservations set for our first night. Nicholas also coordinated a very nice surprise for my wife in that he coordinated with housekeeping to set up a Happy Anniversary / Birthday message on our bed (in the attached pics). Masks were required in most places on the resort and the staff had hand sanitizer at each restaurant (which we appreciated as we continue to fight Covid-19 everywhere).

Butlers/Check-in
Each day, Nicholas and Tamera reached out to let us know that our beach chairs and cabana were set up each morning. Drinks were always set up for us by our chairs to welcome us each morning. They checked on us throughout to ensure our drinks were topped off and took lunch orders for us, as well. I would say that having the butler service, in particular this butler service at this property, far exceeded our expectation. If I ever had a question on a reservation on the property for dining or an excursion, we used the Azul app or WhatsApp to communicate with our butlers and always received a timely response.

The Property
As for the property - this is where our expectations were not met based on our decision to join Exotic Travelers/Karisma at the El Dorado Casitas location in Mexico. We were married in 2014 on this property in Mexico and were blown away at the cleanliness and how courteous/attentive the staff was. We noticed almost immediately that this Jamaica property was not up to the same standard on the outside of the buildings and with the rooms. We later were informed that this property was acquired (because of the location on 7 mile beach) and that Karisma was in the middle of renovating it when the pandemic hit. I would say that the staff across the property made up for what we felt was lacking in the appearance/upkeep of the property.

Issues
Some of the issues that I noted were that, at times, it was very humid/hot in some of the restaurants (poor air circulation). The Azul Beach app that was intended to highlight all of the restaurants, excursions, and amenities was glitchy at times (could not click on certain links). Also, some of the menu items listed were not stocked, which caused frustration at times when trying to place orders (i.e. - there were no mint leaves anywhere on the property to make a mojito). The tv in the room was also very grainy as far as the picture (not a huge deal breaker because we did not watch a lot of tv). Also, there was a breakdown in communication regarding setting up the candlelight dinners and scheduling the promotional presentation - our guests were contacted very late in our stay to get these items scheduled which resulted in very limited options based on what they already had planned to do (we figured next time we would schedule everything immediately). Ultimately, we decided that we could have planned out some things better but for the money we paid, we just expected better execution.

Overall, I would say that we still enjoyed our stay and we would recommend this property to friends and family - especially when renovations are complete. We learned that there will be other properties coming to the island over the next few years and we will plan another trip back to the island to explore the other properties. I hope this review has been helpful to anyone considering to visit in the future.

Room tip: Buildings 1-7 were renovated as of our stay during July 2021.
1  Thank Kenneth E
Karisma Hotels and Resorts , General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Negril by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2021

Hello Kenneth E,

Thanks for your wonderful thorough feedback detailing your experience with us. We, along with the Trip Advisor community certainly appreciate it.
It's also a pleasure to hear how much you loved the Butler service offered on property and that the Check-in process was very professional and quick.
We look forward to hosting you again on a return visit to the resort.

Reviewed July 19, 2021

Azul Hotel, located on the 7 mile strip on Negril Beach is a great all inclusive hotel. The rooms are very modern and tastefully decorated.

The staff is very helpful and quickly addressed an issue tat we had while checking in (the payments were split incorrectly between the credit cards in our party). They were very apologetic and upgraded us as a way to make things right! Tineta was on top of it.

Their entertainment selection was AMAZING - from the dancers to the fire breathers and the live band they had. It was great. The after party with the live DJ and the entertainment staff leading the dances was the best part of the night. We stayed two nights and each night was as good as the last!

Their bar selection is also great - offering a wide range of rums, vodkas, tequila, whiskey and scotch.

They have no shortage of beach chairs/ cabanas as they are spread all along the beach. The hotel is spread out enough that couples, families or groups could find a spot and enjoy themselves!

Room tip: Be clear about your type of travel - friends/ family/ couples etc - they will place you accordingly
Date of stay: July 2021
Karisma Hotels and Resorts , General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Negril by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2021

Hello seanmorg,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm thrilled to hear that you had an amazing experience with us and that you loved the facilities, bar and entertainment selection.
Customer service is crucial to us, so I'm also very pleased to know that my team members were very hospitable.
I do hope that we get the opportunity to host you again on return visit.

Reviewed July 18, 2021

If you like throwing money away, I guess you can stay at this resort.

This hotel is located in a great area, good beaches but I'm hard pressed to say that you can find better for possibly even less money. I used to work in a 5 star hotel in executive management so I am a bit forgiving when it comes to certain things as I know there are deficiencies behind the scenes that us as guests are not seeing.

My wife booked our stay as it was my birthday and we heard that the stay was at least decent but my God, they must have stayed at a different resort than the one we stayed at.

First off the car park is about some distance from the resort and we had to cross a fairly busy main road. Not such a big deal but it is a bit dangerous.

The room we stayed at had a problem with the shower, I don't know who was the engineering genius that designed it but the floor was angled in such a way that when we took a shower, even with the door closed, the entire bathroom got flooded. Complained about this and was told the Chinese got the contract to build this and they don't know what they were thinking (as if that had anything to do with me)

The sheets were dirty when we arrived and had what looked like dried blood on them which was utterly disgusting.

The walls in the rooms were also a bit thin as such I could hear a lot of the noise going on outside and in the rooms next door.

I think a lot of the staff could use maybe a refresher training in customer service and professionalism as a lot of times it felt as though I was annoying them, even asking basic questions about the hotel. They hardly smiled and were usually curt.

The Food was a real let down,Gourmet food, Oh please! the Di Romagna which is their Italian restaurant, the food was not very good, the soup was really salty, the salmon was virtually tasteless.

The food at the Hua Hin their Thai Cuisine was slightly better but by no means exceptional.

Food overall at all the restaurants...yikes.

The team making reservations should really coordinate with the restaurants or at least know when they're open or closed. My wife made reservations for us at the Garfield Beach House for 6:00PM, when we got there the lights were off and the place empty. We walked to the lobby, which was on the other side of the property to find out what's going on, in the usual curt and disinterested fashion the young lady informed us that it probably moved to the Mahogany, mind you this restaurant was on the total opposite end of the resort. When we got to the Mahogany, we were told that they aren't open until 7:00 PM, so we had to walk back to our rooms a fairly good distance away and climb two flights of stairs. At 7 when we made our way back to the restaurant the lady asked if we had reservations, so we told her we had reservations at Garfield but there's nothing happening there, the Mahogany was full and it almost seemed as if she didn't want to seat us.

Their app is borderline useless. It needs a major redesig, the interface is not very user-friendly. I found the information in the app to be inaccurate at times. Include a static map of the resort, so you're able to at least locate things a bit easier, that "virtual map" is a joke.

Daily entertainment listed in their app 7/10 don't happen. I'd make my way to the area they said it would be held during the days and there'd be nobody there to do these activities. I will say though that the night entertainment was good. That fire show on the beach with the fireworks, loved it and those dancers and the steel band was good.

Overall this hotel is not great value for money and could improve on a lot.

Date of stay: July 2021
Karisma Hotels and Resorts , General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Negril by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2021

Dear iamRonel,
We are so very sorry to read your review and greatly appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. We greatly regret that you sadly left the hotel with a poor impression of your time with us and I offer you my sincerest apologies, as you did not experience Azul Beach Resort Negril by Karisma at its best.
Please accept our sincere apologies for not coming up to your rightful expectations. We at the Azul Beach Resort Negril by Karisma pride ourselves on our high levels of service and glorious offerings; we are terribly sorry if that did not come across during your visit.
We have taken your feedback very seriously and every aspect of your review has been taken onboard. Our aim is to continue perfecting our guest experience and our unique Gourmet Inclusive Experience. To share more details of your experiences please contact us at customerservices@karismahotels.com we’d love to hear from you!
We do hope you will provide us the opportunity to host you again in the future and we will ensure we go above and beyond to surpass all expectations.

Reviewed July 17, 2021

The Azul Beach Resort did not disappoint.
From arrival to departure, the experience was great. I traveled in June 2021 and stayed for 5 days.
Upon arrival, we were greeted with hand sanitizer and temperature checks. We were seated in the lobby area where Calmore (concierge) assisted with our check in process. We arrived about 7pm. The check in process was slightly lengthy, but was complimented with glasses of champagne, so we made the best of it.
Off to the room!!! Rooms are very nice. They feature modern decor, fridge, and really cute, big balconies. The bed was comfortable, A/C very cool, and water amazingly warm, with good pressure. I have nothing bad to say about the rooms.
The only area I think the hotel could improve in was the amount of time for service. On multiple occasions we waited several minutes for requested items, Sometimes we had to call multiple times. That was frustrating.
I had the opportunity to try a couple of the restaurants. My favorite meal was breakfast. They had great offerings, and food tasted good. I can't remember the name of the other restaurant; it was the one that offers Caribbean cuisine. It was just ok. My friends tried the Thai restaurant and thought the food was amazing.
The property grounds were well kept. The staff wore mask. Everyone was pleasant. The property is right on the beach. The hotel offers beach cabanas for the guest to enjoy. The cabanas are available on a first come basis. At first I was concerned that we would have to wait, or that the cabana wouldn't be available. That was never the case, Beachfront lounging was plentiful and that was an added bonus!
The hotel pools were nice. It rained a few days, so I didn't get a chance to really enjoy. They appeared clean, stayed filled and offered swim up bars, so I would say they were pretty ok.
Back to the Beach!! If you've traveled to Jamaica, you know that the beach is where you will definitely run into a few locals, and sometimes get asked (multiple times) if you want to purchase anything from small hand made memorabilia to marijuana. This was absolutely NOT the case here! At Azul Beach, you will not have to worry about being overly bothered by the beach vendors. Very very peaceful.

I enjoyed every minute of my Azul Beach Resort vacation. If you're looking to book, and this review didn't seal the deal…. I would definitely recommend it. It's a YES for me!

Room tip: Rooms in Building 9 are away from the front and are much quieter.
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank MsKimL29
Karisma Hotels and Resorts , General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Negril by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2021

Hello MsKimL29,

Thank you for your lovely feedback detailing your experience here with us. I am very happy to hear that you had an amazing stay and that you enjoyed every minute of your Azul Beach Resort vacations.
I do hope that we get the opportunity to host you again on a return visit.
Thank you.

Reviewed July 17, 2021

We stayed there from
Jul 4-11 and it was amazing. Our check in and bellman Caedon was very informative and helped us with all our questions we would see him throughout our stay and he was so nice and friendly. We stayed in premium ocean view rooms building 9 & 10 it was great very clean and nice oversized rooms with huge balconies. Every morning we ate breakfast at Mahogany and Kadence the host greeted us every morning and always asked how we are doing and if we are enjoying our stay. She was always smiling and seemed very happy. Each day at the beach our beach butler Randy went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. At night we went to coffee shop and the lady that worked there was so nice and helpful I can’t remember her name but she was so nice and always smiling. My daughters loved the coffee she made. The entertainment staff was so nice and friendly always saying hi to us throughout the property and asking my daughters to join them on the activities. We loved this resort it was very nice and beach was beautiful. The only thing I missed was during lunch I think they should have pizza outside to grab and go. I would recommend this resort to everyone don’t pay attention to negative reviews as this place is amazing. The only negative i experienced was the time share people every morning when we were walking would hound us after we said no thank you many times.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jjvice6698

Hello jjvice6698
I am much elated to hear that you had such a wonderful time at our resort. I'm also pleased to know that my team members positively impacted your stay with us.
We at Azul Beach Resorts Negril Jamaica are indeed grateful that you choose us for your get-away vacation, and we look forward to your return.
Thank you.