CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$105
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$75
US$56
US$55
US$50
  • Pool
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$125
  • Free Breakfast
US$191
US$160
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$49
Pure Garden Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$44
Priceline
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$64
TripAdvisor
US$239
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$413
1,540 results
All reviewsdiamond clubfitness teamzen restauranthunters steakhousetravel smartroom serviceaqua fitgreat fitnessboot camptex mexmain poolpresidential suitegrowing painswest indiesmartini barkids clubocean point
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I have been to Jamaica before but this is my first time at the Royalton and it did not disappoint. Words can express how wonderful the staff was. I travelled with a 7 year old and the staff at the Kids Club was wonderful. Samantha, Simone, Nicolette, Paula and Janiel were so amazing. My daughter did not want to have any meals with me and wanted to spend all her time at the Club. They treated the children as if they were their own. They had various activities that the kids enjoyed.

The rooms were modern and clean. The maids did a great job cleaning the room. Twice I forgot to lock my safe and nothing ever went missing. Overall the staff was friendly and attentive. The hosts at the buffet was so loving and greeted my daughter daily with a hug.

The only complaint I had was that if you go to bed early don't take room in the 6000 area, the entertainment is loud.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are away from the restaurants.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank wilksa2018
ACMRNG, Management Team at Royalton Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Wilksa2018,

Thank you for choosing Royalton Negril for your recent vacation and taking the time out to share your experience with us.

We are pleased to view your comments highlighting our luxurious suites, the friendliness and hospitality of our hosts, especially our Childcare Professionals, Samantha, Simone, Nicolette, Paula and Janiel; they will certainly be acknowledged for the exceptional service.

Please accept our sincerest apology any inconvenience encountered due to the evening entertainment, your comment was noted and passed on to the Entertainment Manager who will implement the necessary measures to avoid any recurrence.

We hope to welcome you again and deliver another unforgettable vacation experience.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

First I want to start with I've never been to Jamaica but always wanted to go. One of the main reasons I had never been there was based on other opinions about being unsafe, dirty and many other reasons. I will say I didn't experience any of that and felt the locals, employees and anyone I was in contact with was very welcoming and rolled out the red carpet.

Appearance The hotel was beyond clean and anytime you looked someone was cleaning, wiping things down, dusting, sweeping etc. My room was the same way, spotless!

Staff: Once again red carpet was rolled out and they know how to treat people. I've been to many resorts where they walk with head down, walk in front of you. You never saw that here, if anything they may of talked too much...kidding. They always wanted to know about your stay, how could it be better, tips and such The bartenders at the Diamond Club know how to make a drink and make you feel like it's your bar. The event coordinator (Jeniver ,i'm sure spelled it wrong) takes it over the top and makes sure you're in the right spot! She is someone you can't let go!

Food: Like any all inclusive it's hit and miss but this was much more hit then miss. I can only think of one meal I wouldn't have again and trust me I ate a lot! You always had access to food, I don't like leaving the pool to eat so here is my first tip! You have three places you can grab and go and each one makes my mouth water. 1. Food Truck at the public pool has burgers, wraps, and such. 2. Jerk Hut at the public pool had some of the best jerk sausage and chicken I've had and I ate it almost daily. 3. The Italian restaurant has a pizza window, go order come back in 20 minutes and take it to the pool and it's wood fired and great. Breakfast , I dislike buffets so go to Dorado in the Hideaway area for a made to order breakfast. Also sports bar has good apps for quick before dinner , drink and small bite to eat.

Beach: Very clean and plenty of places to sit , lay out.
Events/Excursions : plenty to do , pricing for excursions are reasonable
Rooms: Clean and plenty of space

Biggest tip upgrade to Diamond and stay in that area! Staff in the diamond club will make sure all it taken care of.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Diamond, hit the food truck and jerk hut for quick food to bring back to pool
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Steve T

Dear Steve T,

Firstly, we are exultant to know that your first time to Jamaica has been an unforgettable experience and we are also delighted view your comments highlighting the cleanliness of our resort, spacious rooms, exquisite taste of our meals, beautiful beach, our hospitable hosts, especially the bartenders at Diamond Club™ and our Events Coordinator Jeniver; they will be acknowledged for their exceptional service.

It was certainly a pleasure hosting you and we hope to receive you again so that we can deliver another incredible vacation experience.

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Arrived yesterday at this resort. The resort itself is beautiful! Located beachfront and the rooms are very nice! Before we traveled I read several reviews on TripAdvisor. Many mentioned the service, or lack there of, and I must agree. We have traveled to over 10 all inclusive resorts in the last 8 years, in Mexico, Dominican Republic and Mexico. For a point of reference, we are not hard people to please. Basically we just want beer and sun! I’ve only wrote one other review on TripAdvisor and that was the royalton Cancun, based on the outstanding service we received from our butlers there.
I must say, very disappointed on the service at royalton Negril, as many in TripAdvisor have stated. As previously mentioned, we are not hard people to please, but the service has been minimal to non-existence! We are basically beer drinkers! We do have several bottles of hard alcohol in our room, but not our choice of alcohol. There are 8 red stripes included in the room at the beginning of the day. However between 2 people drinking all day, these do not last long. Our butler has checked on us once in the last 48 hours, and that was to bring a fruit plate. Called the butler station to bring more beer, however the butler had gone home for the night (8:45 pm). So they called room service to get us some beer. After some back and forth they called back to tell us they have 4 red stripes left on the resort. Obviously this was a lie. Point being, one simple request, and they lie and don’t follow through. ( there have also been 4 other simple requests that were just ignored... sheets for our pull out couch, spa menu, etc.) I feel as though if they would just treat you with half the respect of other high end resorts, this would increase the quality immensely. If they would have just brought some beer, without lying, etc. this review would not exist, among with many other reviews. Its a shame that the simple things that are easy to please guest is what is bringing this resort down.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank mdvaca
ACMRNG, Management Team at Royalton Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Mdvaca,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent vacation and taking the time out to share your experience with us. Our team values your feedback as this information will allow us to improve the quality of our guests’ vacation experience.

We appreciate your comments highlighting our beautiful resort and luxurious suites, however, it truly saddens us to know that we did not exceed your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apology for any inconsistent service received during your stay, this is not the standard of service we strive to deliver to our valued guests and in order to avoid any recurrence, your concerns were duly noted and passed on to the Food and Beverage Manager and the Butler Manager who will implement the necessary measures for improvement.

It is our sincerest hope that you grant us another opportunity to host you again so that we can deliver an experience that will surpass your last.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2018

The staff was very courteous and helpful. Our butler, Paris was very attentive to our needs. He was there to assist us with making our stay extremely relaxing. I had a message by Enid. Her hands were magical. It has been 2 weeks and I am still feeling the relaxing effect of the message. This was my best vacation and I look forward to going back.

Room Tip: The rooms have beautiful serene views of the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank marybmarks

Dear Marybmarks,

We are pleased to view your comments highlighting our hospitable hosts, especially Paris our highly trained Butler and our Massage Therapist Enid who both contributed positively to your trip; they will certainly be recognized for their exceptional service.

It was a pleasure hosting you and we are looking forward to your return so that we can deliver another incredible vacation experience.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

We stayed at this resort for 10 nights, following reading other reviews I can't believe we were at the same resort. We always have at least 1 long haul AI holiday each year and always stay 5* and I have to say this is well and truly a 5* hotel.

As you walk in to the large, open lobby the view across the bay is breath taking, while greeted with a rum punch we chilled on the sofas looking out on the caribbean while the attentive receptionist checked us in.. no standing at a desk! We were then shown to our room which overlooked the whole bay on the 3rd floor and the bell boy bought up our luggage.

The food is great quality, the a la carte restaurants are fantastic.. great portions, choice and delicious! Im a vegetarian and never had any problems eating here. The tepanyaki Zen is a must do.. you can book in the same day for that evening and the chefs are amazing entertainment, great fun and good food. We never had any problems getting into a restaurant and never felt we needed to rush to get there early.. we wandered down whenever we were ready and were always seated straight away. The buffet has a great selection too and high quality produce cooked to how you like.

The pool is a good size and infinity overlooking the sea, the swim up bar is here too and great service. We never had a problem getting a sunbed at the pool or on the beach and I can't understand how people did as there is definitely a lot more sunbeds than there are guests. Again, we never rushed we just came down in our own time and got a bed.

We made use of the free watersports which I would highly recommend.. we rented snorkels and a kayak on almost every day to go out and see the amazing marine life. Teh beach is just like a postcard.. so clean, clear water, white sand, no rocks.. you can't complain at all. Plenty of sun umbrellas dotted around, double sunbeds etc.

The resort itself is spotless.. they are always cleaning, clearing, sweeping etc the staff here really do a great job of keeping the resort extremely well maintained and clean.. they even rake the beach every morning and get rid of any sea weed lying around.

The entertainment team are fantastic and we must say that they really work hard to make sure everyone has a good time.. it is not over bearing or too much and if you want to relax you can and wont be hassled, like we have been at other resorts. The fitness sessions here are fantastic, there is something going on all day.. sunrise yoga, kickboxing, aquafit etc.. we did join in some of them and we had a great time and the instructors were really fun and engaging.

The drinks are premium spirits, again the bar staff are fantastic. We would most certainly come again, but the real credit to this hotel is the staff. They work tirelessly, always with a smile, extremely well presented and are proud to work at the hotel. It's nice to see staff so happy and friendly.. how they all seem to remember everyones name is amazing. Adds a great personal touch.

There are a couple of improvements I would suggest to the hotel that are small but would make a huge difference..
1. Give every guest a water bottle, this will reduce the huge amount of plastic cups they use. The americans are savvy to this and bring there own!
2. Open the pool bar and towels earlier.. 10am is way too late as we were needing a drink desperately by the time it opened.
3. Have a 2 week schedule for evening entertainment, the entertainment is good but after a week you have seen it and if we were there 2 weeks and seeing everything twice is not great.
4. Dispose of the hard sell membership people.. Travel VIP.. be ashamed bringing these scam artists into what is a good hotel as it will quickly damage the reputation.. Long story short we were told to have a tour of the hotel for an hour and get $100 spa voucher.. 4 hours later they had charged our card over £2000 and were asking us to sign all kinds of documents for a membership that was so complicated.. it was so confusing and we never gave permission to charge the card.. a day of our holiday wasted, a lot of arguing later we were refunded but as it was in dollars we were charged a huge exchange rate and are currently in the process of filing a fraud complaint and left a bad feeling with us.
Not sure if they are part of Royalton or what the situation is but GET RID!!
5. The ice cream shop on several occasions had no ice cream.. odd I know but this happened more often than you would expect. Stocking an ice cream shop with ice cream should be possible and would reduce the number of complaints.

Overall a great resort, immaculate, great food and drink, exceptional staff and we are already looking forward to returning! Im sure the longer the hotel is open they will find their feet a bit more and I expect the little things to improve to make this one of the best.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean room!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laurenjayne1102
ACMRNG, Management Team at Royalton Negril, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Dear Laurenjayne1102,

We are delighted to view your comments highlighting the breath-taking views from our Main Lobby, attentive receptionists, exquisite taste of our meals, wide variety of food options, beautiful pools and beach, advantages of the free water-sports activities, cleanliness of the resort, the entertaining VIBE Team, the fitness sessions hosted by our professional Fitness Instructors and the rest of our companionable hosts.

Kindly accept our sincerest apology for any inconsistent service received during your stay, this is not the standard of service we strive to deliver to our valued guests and in order for us to improve, your concerns were duly noted and passed on to the Food and Beverage Manager, Watersports Manager and our Travel Smart Manager who will treat these issues as areas of opportunities for improvement.

It was a pleasure hosting you and we anticipate your return so that we can deliver another incredible vacation experience.