I have traveled around the world many times over the last 50 years. Geejam, where my husband took me on our recent honeymoon, is a unique place. We stayed in Ska, one of three deluxe cabins, nestled in the rain forest with a stunning view of the Caribbean sea.
We felt like we were practically all alone, as there were only two other families at this boutique resort. Geejam only accommodates 14 people at a time and has a staff of around 40 to attend to your every need. Iola, in charge of guest services, could be reached at any time over the cell phone that they provide to every guest upon their arrival. She arranged a number of wonderful adventures for us: a day at Reach Falls, one of the most beautiful places on earth, a rafting trip along the Rio Grande, an afternoon at the nearby beach of Frenchman's Cove, and a two hour boat ride to the Blue Lagoon and Winnifred Beach.
Steve, the attentive co-owner of Geejam, arranged for us to go horseback riding. We rode bare back in the sea, a truly memorable experience. No need to rent a car, one of the drivers at Geejam will take you anywhere you want. No need to go out for meals. The Bushbar serves delicious Jamaican and international fare prepared by Nigel, the proud chef who loves to share his recipes with you. Adrene, who served us at the restaurant is the sweetest, most charming hostess we have ever encountered. My advice: don't wait any longer and book either a cabin, the suite or the villa at Geejam. I promise that you will not regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Geejam, an insider escape, is located in San San, close to Port Antonio, in the parish of Portland, on the pristine shores of north-east Jamaica. Achieving a stylish equilibrium between ultra modern technology and the intrinsic grace of the natural island landscape makes this the Geejam signature trademark. The property features seven double rooms, a state of the art Recording Studio, Healing Spa, Swimming Pool (Sanwood only), Gym and the Bushbar, forming an exclusive universe within the natural beauty of the grounds, which stretch down to its own private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your Geejam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Geejam Port Antonio
- Geejam Hotel Port Antonio
- Geejam Jamaica/Port Antonio