My girlfriend and I visited Geejam in mid-February. We were very excited about our trip, but didn't exactly know what to expect as we had heard mixed reviews of Jamaica. Our worries were very quickly washed away. Geejam is an absolute gem. The resort is beautiful with well appointed and comfortable rooms in a lush jungle setting just steps away from the beach. We stayed in Sanwood for several nights (we absolutely loved Banksy's art in the villa) and Mento for one night, which provided for two wonderful and unique experiences. The service was attentive, friendly and simply outstanding - it's all about service at Geejam. The food at the Bushbar was absolutely incredible (I highly recommend the Curry Shrimp and Mento Stew!). We were fortunate enough to see the Jolly Boys perform live at the Bushbar...the old guys are awesome!... and meet one of the owners of the resort, Steve Beaver. Talk about a cool character...Steve chatted with all of the guests and personally made sure that everyone's needs were met.
Geejam beach is very private with white sand and 7 different shades of blue waters. We also enjoyed Frenchman's Cove, the Blue Lagoon and Winnifred Beach, all of which are beautiful and very close to Geejam. Geejam also organized a rafting trip down the Rio Grande, which may have been the highlight of the trip.
To sum it up, we had an amazing time, we will be returning in the not-too-distant future and we highly recommend that others check out Geejam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Geejam, an insider escape, is located in San San, close to Port Antonio, in the parish of Portland, on the pristine shores of north-east Jamaica. Achieving a stylish equilibrium between ultra modern technology and the intrinsic grace of the natural island landscape makes this the Geejam signature trademark. The property features seven double rooms, a state of the art Recording Studio, Healing Spa, Swimming Pool (Sanwood only), Gym and the Bushbar, forming an exclusive universe within the natural beauty of the grounds, which stretch down to its own private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and HotelQuickly so you can book your Geejam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Geejam Port Antonio
- Geejam Hotel Port Antonio
- Geejam Jamaica/Port Antonio