It was my 7th visit of Jamaica and Port Antonio. My first was in 1991. I visited different hotels at Port Antonio and this hotel was a revelation. A perfect combination of Jamaican hospitality, reggae feelings, good food and tastful cocktails. We stayed at the rum and bass suite wich gives a beautiful view of the ocean, has an incredible beatiful terrace with jaccuzi and very good king size bed. À surprise for me, was that Geejam is located at the other side of the road. We were travelling with rental car, as doing a tour Kingston, Port Antonio, Ocho Rios, Negril, with 3 outpost Island hotels which where incredible good. We had to ask for the hotel because there are no signs on the road. They want to keep this hotel private because famous persons stay here often. You have to go right and drive in to san san estate to find it, while I was looking to the left, ocean side.
There is an Exclusive beach where Gopaul gives you a private service. Often you are all alone on this beach. You get à coolbox from the bushbar and if you don't want to do the steps to the beach, à driver brings you.
Breakfast and even dinner is perfect on the terrace of your cabin of suites. Also at the restaurant is it very quiet and private.
We were lucky to see a performance of the Jolly boys and their mento style of reggae. Afterwards we had a recording at the studio, you should visit, where à song of us was recorded on the song of the passenger from the Jolly boys.
What you certainly must do is take the boattrip with the private boat from the hotel to blue lagoon and the rafting arranged by the hotel. Always you get a coolbox with you.
On my next visit I go back to this hotel and all other Outpost Island hotels in Jamaica. It is the best you can get on the Island and worth for his money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Geejam, an insider escape, is located in San San, close to Port Antonio, in the parish of Portland, on the pristine shores of north-east Jamaica. Achieving a stylish equilibrium between ultra modern technology and the intrinsic grace of the natural island landscape makes this the Geejam signature trademark. The property features seven double rooms, a state of the art Recording Studio, Healing Spa, Swimming Pool (Sanwood only), Gym and the Bushbar, forming an exclusive universe within the natural beauty of the grounds, which stretch down to its own private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Geejam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Geejam Port Antonio
- Geejam Hotel Port Antonio
- Geejam Jamaica/Port Antonio