“Another fun trip to Club Ambiance” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Ambiance

Club Ambiance
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Another fun trip to Club Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

This was a return trip to Club Ambiance as me and a buddy went there last february and had a great time. This time he brought his wife and I brought my girlfriend so they could enjoy the resort also. We had great weather and the resort did not disappoint at all. We enjoyed the food and the beverages and Omar and dexter kept things going during the day. the resort was not not full at all so the legends bar was closed which we missed but just moved to Cocounts bar. We did do the special dinner for $20 whicfh is steak, lobster, or surf and turf. I was not expecting too much but this was a very delicious meal. I had the surf and turf and could not have been more pleased. Next visit I will take advantage of this twice. We used Paul Williams for airport transfers and we also did a day excursion to sightsee with him and he is the absolute best. I thank Trip Advisor for reviews on him as now I have a friend every time I come to jamaica. I was a little surprised that so many of the staff remembered us from November and the omlet lady is fabulous. We did go to Flavours public beach and restaurant that is close and the beach is nice but food was not the best. I really enjoy Club Ambiance and it is what it is but so many repeat customers tells you a lot. It is not Riu or Iberostar but I had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Rooms around pool are close to everything and little less noise from the band at night
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank klemi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

This was an awesome hotel! Had a great time. Clean, friendly - exceeded any of our expectations. Gilbert - was phenomenal, Ernest the hotel cab driver - you were the best!! Talk about caring for your guests. This place will bend over backwards to make sure that you enjoy your stay. Been to lots of Caribbean resorts but this one stands out for it's service to it's guests. Will definitely be back - you guys are the best!!! It's a late review but well deserved.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank murdavid
West Mids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

Just back from two weeks staying at 'Club Ambiance'. The staff at this hotel really help to make your stay fantastic. The rooms are in need of some TLC but are huge and clean, any problems are sorted out immediately and with the utmost courtesy. The food was varied and delicious every day (if you want any patties just ask chef). I celebrated a special birthday birthday whilst there and everyone helped to make it the most wonderful day (thanks not only to the staff but also hubby and friends!!!). With entertainment day and night your stay can be as lively or as quiet as you wish......Irie Mon!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank luv2roam_8
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

I am going back to club ambiance in november this will be my second time I admit it is a little tired looking but the service you get more than makes up for it this is simply the best holiday I have had to everyone at ambiance keep up the good work

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank aabiter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

I have stayed at ambiance six times in just over four years . Its small yes its dated but the staff more than make up for that. . I return in november and Can't wait. If anyone is not going cos its not in brochure ask some travel agents do still book them. . Or ibook hotel direct by email (discount for return visitors ) and they do transfers . For all u c a fans out there please return custom needed .the best friendliest hotel in jamaica

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank buryb
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

Fourth trip in 4 years to Jamaica, and again we stayed at Club Ambiance. From the moment we arrived til we left, we had an amazing time again. This no frills, relaxing hotel has exceded my expectations again.

Loraine and Ann at the front desk are always helpful if there is ever a problem. Thanks! Rose at the tour desk was very helpful when I booked my excursions.

Room 29 was great. Comfy bed and tons of room. The only draw back was the rain seemed to pour on our balcony from the roof. But that was our only complaint and something we could live with.

The food seemed to have improved since last year. The lasagna (my fav) is back on the menu. And the Chinese night (the night where I only eat dessert) has been replaced. Had a steak one night that took up nearly the entire plate, and it was almost as good as when I cook it :) Vinet, Tenaj, Nickiesha, Junior, Martino, and Julieann thanks again for all you did for us.

The bar was well, it served me well :) Junior, Phillip, Kerisha, Mel Again thanks for all the laughs and special drinks. Nigel and Stacey, wish we could have seen you guys more then we did.

Entertainment: I thought with Maria being gone it would have changed, but Storm is a welcome addition. Omar again you have proved to be an awesome part of the entertainment crew. I laughed every time he was around. Damion Please keep doing what you do. You made our vacation extra special (as you always do)

If you want a fun and relaxing getaway, look no further then Club Ambiance. But if you want 5 star treatment and staff that only see you as a dollar sign, please go somewhere else. You wont enjoy it here, and the guests will probably get annoyed from your constant complaining, and we really don't want to be annoyed in Jamaica :)

Thanks again Club Ambiance!! We will be back again soon!!

Room Tip: Get a room in the west wing if you don't want to stay awake from the disco or club across the st...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank beachbaby13
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

We were ther for Thanksgiving week. Thoght if would be packed as it was a holiday week, but not many people there, maybe about 50% full. This is an old tired property but has all the amenities that you might require, good booze (unusual) one buffet style restaurant, small clothing optional area, and good snorkeling from shore. Reasonable golf course nearby and close to Duns River Falls. Also close to a great zip line ride and bob sled run near Ocho Rios. Local vendors are VERY persistant though, which is a bit of a put off. Club opens about ten each night and depending on who is there, a great toga party.

For the price, comfortable adult only place not too far from the airport.

Room Tip: We asked for a room far from the club as it can get noisy at night if you are too close.
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
4.1 km away
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
1.6 km away
Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to Club Ambiance? Share your experiences!