“Not the same as advertised on website”

Sunflower Beach Resort Villas
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Reviewed 23 March 2015

The reception area is in need of repair and a lick of paint part of the roof had gaping holes the furniture needs to be replaced. The Villa itself although spacious needs decorating and soft furnishings need to be replac it looks like people live there permanently in one bathroom the sink was almost hanging off the wall there's no pool you have to cross the road to another complex to use theirs and it was in bad condition and Wifi only available8! Reception area

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Nevita F

Reviewed 12 March 2014

The worst the service, linens pool everything was bad The pool was so green you couldn't swim in it The beds were hard. It was not good. When you called and asked for help with the pool ect it seemed that they just didn't care.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelingirl5453
Reviewed 28 November 2012

This was our first trip to Jamaica (2008), and we arrived late at night, so we didn't have a chance to look around. However, when morning came!!!!!! We were heart broken!!!!This place did not look anything like the pics. The "beach" was ruins, there was a junk yard behind the building, and I think we were the only ones there. (Me and 4 other ladies) There was bugs and cats everywhere, there was nothing to do, and my sister couldn't stop crying. We spent 2 days there with no lugguage. Then they agreed to send us to Ocho Rios (The Sandcastle) where our luggage was waiting for us. After we settled in, we had a good time. We've been back to Jamaica 5 times, and each year it gets better.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sweetie322
Reviewed 5 June 2012

This is not a resort but more comparable to a motel with a pool. My room included a kitchenette which was a nice feature. The rooms were average but you get what you pay for. Parking was extremely limited. The worst aspect was the difficulty I encountered in trying to locate the "resort". There is no sign from the main road. I phoned the resort and the desk person gave me directions that dependened upon my observing a few landmarks from the direction I was coming to the motel. However these landmarks were not visible from the direction I was arriving. I had to call a second time to get more detailed instructions. I "guessed" that the road I turned into was the road I needed but again there were no signs for the motel. I proceeded down a tree-lined street and I noticed a building practically hidden from view. Thiswas the hotel with a sign on the building hidden behind the trees. This was the most difficult place to find of all the many hotels I stayed at during my trip. I stayed at some places off the beatened path but they were easier to locate. This is a low budget accommodation and the rooms are what you would expect to pay for the price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Anolis2011
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I don't think I need to add to the bad reviews above, they were my own experience as well. I should have suspected something when the lady at the front desk ask me to read the fine print that said "no refund".

See photos of bed and towel stains. I will be reporting this place to the Ministry of Health and also the Jamaica Tourist Board.

• Stayed: August 2011
11  Thank Centinel
Reviewed 7 March 2011

This place is hands down the worst place I've ever seen. Don't let the photos fool you cause you wont be staying anywhere that looks like that. My room was handed to me unclean, with dirty sheets, filled with stains and dead bugs. Let's not talk about the closet for a bathroom, and bugs for days. How can anyone allow people to sleep in those conditions. I was scheduled to stay there for 7 days but I was out of there after the first night. And to top it off they didn't refuse me my refund. They were even willing to send me to their so called executive hotel in Ocho Rios. I passed on that cause one bad experience from these people is enough for one week.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Sueane
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Sad to see that Sunflower Villas hasnt imrpoved since I visited which was more than 10 years ago. The problem I have with this place is that they advertise very beautiful but when you get there, its a huge disapointment (pool, beach, rooms)
First night we got there , they put us up in a room across the main road because there was nothing available for us. Was more like a Norman Bates motel...
Never felt so unsafe to venture out of a resort.
Ceilings leeked back then too and we had mold on our bed sheets....We got a room.....top floor of a villa we shared.....no door.
.They had one pool , germans were very clear on telling us we werent welcome.
2 star villa, thats what you get...never mind what they adverstise..

Stayed: January 2011