My wife and I were caught up in the overbooking problem that Royal Decameron has.
We were assured by Nolitours that this would not happen. We had booked in early October.
The manager Estephane tried to move us but we refused to "upgrade" to the Fun Club. The first night we stayed in a suite by the front gate. The second day we were moved to the Garden View huts. It was not the one that we booked but there was nothing wrong with it. Upon check in my wife and I along with 4 people from Winnipeg had to sit in the "side room" as we were told by the assistant manager that they had no rooms. We demanded to see the Manager Estephane. This waiting took up about 2 hrs.
Estephane's lack of people skills makes me wonder why he is the Senior Manager. We also communicated our displeasure to the General Manager who said he would check and get back to us. He was not aware of the overbooking problem that they have had for months. We are still waiting for his answer and an apoligy. The Winnipeg family received free rum, massages and a trip to Dunn River Falls. We received a free wall safe. A double standard we think.
Other than check in we had a great holiday and will not go back unless we are guaranteed what we booked and paid for. The Jamaician Staff are very professional, courteous and efficient. This is the cleanest Resort that we have experienced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica