Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Piper's Cove Resort(Runaway Bay)
View Hotel
Cardiff Hotel & Spa(Runaway Bay)
View Hotel
Silver Creek Resort(Runaway Bay)
Club Ambiance(Runaway Bay)
4,061 results
All reviewsjetty barthe cottagesgarden cottagejasmine deltabeach attendantsdunns riveradult poolquiet poolwalk in wardrobemain barentertainment staffthree starnine milegreat holidayholiday makersglass bottom boatjamaican restaurant
Reviewed December 9, 2012

3rd time here room was ready never asked to go to the other resort(which was good).. Still had a great time in Jamaica, I haven't been at the RDCC since 09 only prob bar opens too late!! 10am would be better, the food is the best on Jamaican night Wed and Sat night. I didnt swim in the beach here only at the quit pool, I went up the street to Flavors,, better beach no water shoes required food and music is good. Great atmosphere here at flavors..The only complaint is RDCC ran out of Appleton rum each night around 12am Dont believe the bad reviews, I will be back July !!!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The food was disappointing. I just want to put that out there first. Although there were some great exceptions. Mainly Cassandra was able to whip an amazing omelet up, whilst also summoning up waffles and pancakes. I swear she was an octopus. A friendly, smiling octopus.

The sit-down dinners that required reservations were consistently a disappointment. The food was dried out and the flavor was just not there. Please don't touch the red or white wine. I almost spit mine out. Just bottom of the barrel quality. Also, all of the desserts look enticing, but inside have no taste and very dry. Sorry, bit of a foodie here. The staff was great though, very courteous and quick. The buffet food was actually better than the sit-down dinners. Also, there is a bit of a strange rule even for breakfast and lunch. Why do I have to have a shirt on when the pool and beach are both a few feet away? I can understand if you want to keep a formal vibe for dinner. But it just struck me as very odd. They were shirt nazis, and didn't discriminate. Women in bikinis or towels were also turned away. Oh yea, and no room service. Really???

Oh yes, and vegans stay away! LOL. I still eat seafood, lacto-ovo, and could usually find plenty to eat, except at snack times. Then it was only burgers and hot dogs. Again, the staff was amazing. Oray (sp?) noted I hadn't eaten all day and rustled up something non-meat for me after I came in from a late flight. Thanks!

Major props to the entertainment staff. They shook their booties and mine, and kept the crowd interested from morning to night. Really the staff made this resort fun! The bartenders always kept the glasses filled promptly.

The disco was ok, just depended. A couple nights a big group of fun-loving guys and gals showed up and made it happen. Other nights were dead and dark inside. C'est la vie.

LOL, everyone offers you a joint to sell or smoke. Which I found a little odd, since I don't smoke pot. But if you do!!! It's there. I would just say hi to a fellow traveler, and out would pop the cigarette box or what-not with a nice joint offered right up, without even asking for it. Quite amusing.

The resort itself was run-down and older, but still charming, and they really did try to keep it up. Very lush gardens and jungle vibe going on. The rooms themselves were a bit plain, but overall no complaint. The bed was VERY comfortable and I slept well. Also, quiet and soothing atmosphere with frogs and crickets chirping.

The beach was....nice? There was blue water and a protective reef, but somehow, every day there was brown water close to the shore, and the red flag was up. Bad luck for us? We never got to use the glass-bottom boat or snorkel or other water amenities.

Overall, if you want an amazing, top-of-the-line newly renovated resort with room service and great-tasting food, and gaze out in amazement at a great beach, don't come here. If you want a good night's sleep, and convenient access to several sites, and great/attentive staff and entertainment, then do come!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view, it's worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Rnburleson
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

After religiously reading these reviews months prior are holiday. We finally went to experience it outselves..........BEST HOLIDAY ever.
From the minute we arrived to when we left it was just amazing.

The joke is, we were actually in a Courtyard room (which people think are not good and are not the "best!") but we thought the room was absolutely amazing. They seem brand new. We met another couple there and we compared rooms, they had a garden view cottage..... Funny enough our courtyard room was actually more nice, modern and bigger. The cottages do seem very nice though!!!! Anyway you don't go on holiday to spend all your time in your room!!!!

The food was really nice. Really enjoyed the Jamaican themed nights. Great great food. Obviously the general buffet food did become slightly boring after being there for 2 weeks, but that's just expected like any all inclusive. The drinks were bloody great too!!! So so so strong which is a GOOD thing!

My boyfriend and I made great friends with most of the waiters, bar staff and fun crew. They were all so great and friendly. Met a lot of lovely couples there also.
We were slightly budgeted so didn't do much excursions. The only one we did do was the Roots & Culture one, which was visiting Bob Marleys place, a church and included lunch at Scotchies (best jerk chicken & pork ever. Came back here many times) This trip was great really enjoyed it, worth the money!

We are a young couple and wanted to go and explore the night life, as the disco at 11-2am was a bit dead but played good music. We went to a local beach party one night, which was an experience we will never forget. Great fun. There is a club in Ocho Rios called Margaritiville. They have a free shuttle there and back on a Monday. We didn't get round to going but heard its good there! If your interested in going to clubs I would def enquire about this place as its not really advertised or bought to your attention much.
We also went across the road from the resort to the British Bulldog a few times. Great place, great friendly owners. Good music.

Our first choice holiday rep was absolutely amazing she was so friendly and gave us a very warm welcome. We had a slight problem with our courtyard room after a week of being there, as a lot of construction work was going on right underneath our room. Told our holiday rep - No problem. She immediately got us a room change to the big suites by the adult pool. These rooms were amazing too. Nothing to complain about. It was absolutely humongous for just the 2 of us ( which I'm not complaining about though!!!!!!)

The maids were also great, very friendly and did a great job on our room everyday!

My boyfriend actually has family in Jamaica, so we travelled 5 hours to the otherside of the island to St Thomas and stayed out of the hotel for a night. Great experience. Def recommend getting out of the hotel and experiencing the REAL Jamaica. Even though in my opinion RDCC has the best Jamaican feel out of all the hotels we stopped at on the way from the airport.
Also take advantage of the free shuttle everyday into Ocho Rios. Great shopping places to get souvenirs ect. People do hasel you a bit into buying there stuff which got quite annoying after a while but you do get use to it!! Ha ha!!
So so so so glad we chose this resort. We had the best time ever!!!!!!!!!!

I've been back 2 days and already thinking of putting a deposit down for next year!!!. I would also def go again in November, so hot everyday. We had quite bad rain for two days but it was no problem at all.

The only thing I would say is, they need to somehow sort the bees by the bar in the day, sometimes they did get quite bad. But that's the ONLY THING.

Seriously, do not believe these snobby people who literally need to fault evey little thing. In all honesty I think RDCC should be more than 3*!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
11  Thank CharmaineDelarosa1
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We just returned from this resort on Friday - had a wonderful vacation, simply put.
Check in was a breeze - the only thing is that we had to pay something like 28 dollars for some fee, so bring some cash if you don't want to put something that small on your credit card.
The villa that we stayed in was very clean, bathrooms only have a shower - no bathtub, but that's ok. And my husband and I found the bed to be sooooooo comfy! Definitely nice to settle into after a good day - and, if you want to "chill" for the night, they have pretty much all the american channels on their tv's - more than any other resort I have ever stayed at. Room cleaning was amazing also - I have never had such good service.

The food was amazing - I actually gained 5 lbs over our stay. The chicken and pork were excellent, and they have a thai, italian and jamaican themed food nights - which were all exceptional.

The staff were the friendliest people that I have ever met while on vacation - we were always greeted with a smile and good conversation. (be a pleasant person, and people will be pleasant to you)

The only thing that I have that was bad to say about the resort was the beach area - while it was quite big, we never had to worry about not getting beach chairs - the swimming is not great there, and there are quite a few rocks once you get walking out into the water. but if you like to sit by the pool - the pool areas were great... the "adult" pool was nice and quiet during the day, and the main pool had lots of entertainment and activities throughout the days.

Lastly - the Jetty Bar - there is nothing better than enjoying a beverage on a big deck, overlooking the ocean.

I will be going back for sure one day - and would recommend staying here to anyone.

Room Tip: We were in room 98 - just 2 villa's from the ocean, and a far enough away from the entertainment at night that the sound didn't bother us.
3  Thank 69DDW
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Just returned 3 days ago from the best holiday ever!! From the airport transfer - overseen by Gordon rep from another hotel - telling us all the history of the landmarks and being very funny to the greeting at the hotel - met by reception, very efficiant, yes I did have to give my credit card details but this was for any phone calls I wanted to make etc and the slip was returned to me when I left. We then were taken to our cottage in the gardens which was huge, extremely clean and tidy and very comfortable. The staff make this hotel from 'jungle George' on the bar, David in the restaurant, June our cleaner who was the best ever, through to the entertainments team, Scoobie, Rainbow, Baby, Crazy, Candy & Nemo. The food is beautiful go being prepard to try everything as this is Jamaica, however if you dont like Jamaica food then there is fresh salad and cold meats and fruits etc, also burgers although these were being served from the restaurant as the pool snack area had suffered damage during the hurricane. There is a al a carte we had no issues booking into this and again the food and service was fantastic. Yes the hotel does need some work and this was going on whilst we were there in fact they closed the main bar to re do the roof but set up a temporary bar right next to the pool which still had everything so no loss of service. The trips, Dunns falls, Blue Mountain, Bob Marley fantastic, we had great guides efficent pick up times and they were not too expensive. The day before we left we had a tropical storm which flooded everywhere we were lucky our room was not affected, however for those who were the staff were on hand immediatly to help or move the rooms poor June had her work load increased that day. Look out for the peacocks in the gardens they love to be fed. The jetty bar with the swings is a beautiful place to end a days sunbathing. All in all we loved it and will be going back again if we can. Yes we heard people complaining about it - come on you are in the Caribbean and if you are not happy ask and they will try and help you.

Room Tip: We had 108 very useful room if rains as slightly higher up.
5  Thank Fififoxy