“Best cuban food in puerto rico”
Review of Metropol

Metropol
Ranked #75 of 1,171 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 9, 2017

So if your looking for cuban food in puerto rico I definitely suggest Metropol because they are very very good and even though the food is very similar this can give you the closest experience. my girlfriend had the picadillo and shared it with me and was Delicious and i had a meal called "the Christmas special" which had rice,beans,pastels, morcillo (blood sausage) plantains and that meal reminded me of holidays with my grandparents and family all of the best spanish dishes. My parents both had the Chuleta can can which is a huge pork chop which puerto rico is known for, and it was an amazing dishes my parents absolutely loved it. This restaurant was very clean and the wait staff was very good and attentive. Definitely recommend this for a taste of cuba in puerto rico

Date of visit: July 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (2,292)

Reviewed August 9, 2017

Good place to enjoy a Cuban-Caribbean food, good service and good food. The price is normal. Seafood are good, also.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

We just finished a great sailing trip (Sail San Juan Bay) and our captain recommended Metropol as an excellent restaurant for authentic local Cuban & Puerto Rican food. Great recommendation. Food was terrific and reasonably priced. I had the Fiesta Cubana and my wife had the Seafood salad. Both were great.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Great churrasco and rode and beans for dinner. My husband also enjoyed a good glass of wine. The restaurant was lively with music in one room and many large groups having birthdays.
Our food was very tasty and the service was good!

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Went on recommendation of cab driver. Kinda sketchy outside, and parking is crazy. Right next to a cock-fighting arena in San Juan. Inside was very nice, and the food was great. Very good tamale, and great chicken mofongo. A bit pricey though. Mofongo portion is big, so I recommend getting an appetizer and sharing the mofongo.