“Fine Dining with Puerto Rican Accents and Minus the Fuss”
Review of Perla

Perla
Ranked #40 of 1,072 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$9 - US$85
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Perla is a luxury seafood restaurant serving refined contemporary American cuisine with gracious and professional hospitality. DRESS CODE: No open toe shoes for men. No tank tops for men. No bathing suits.
Reviewed 21 February 2017

I've dined at Perla several times and I love it! The room is stunning both inside and out with art deco accents like the gorgeous lamps that surround the shell shape room. The exterior is shaped like a sea shell and conjures up the Brazilian architect, Niemeyer. I recommend the seafood options as they feature plenty of local standouts with Latin flavors. I loved the ceviche for the heat, citrus and sweet potato. I also loved the snapper and sea bass. The wine selection is stellar as is the service. This spot is a must when you visit San Juan.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Just perfect!
We get the best attention ever. We go this last sunday to celebrate our anniversary and Josue Robles give us the best experience ever. He recommends very good dishes and at the same time he select a bottle of wine that go perfectly with them. I definitely go back and ask for him.
If you are looking for excellent service and excellent food with the perfect ambience... you need go to Perla.
Thanks for everything!!!

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

First night on our vacation. We asked The bartender at our hotel where he would go with a date. He said the Perla, so we went.
Had a fabulous table overlooking the ocean. Both my wife and I ordered the bass over lobster risotto. Excellent!
Service was wonderful. Never waited and water always filled.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

I was expecting a lot more, but came away with mixed feelings about this place. The ceviche was the worst I had on the island. Nothing wrong with the fish, but it was served in some sort of a vinegar and oil emulsion and was a very small portion for $17. It was average tasting. The Caesar salad had tasteless dressing and wilted lettuce. Unforgivable for a "fine dining" restaurant. The swordfish was perfect and accompanied by an excellent "forbidden" rice. The strawberry shortcake dessert with ice cream included about a tablespoon of ice cream. Really silly.

1  Thank RadarGuyCT
Reviewed 14 February 2017

This restaurant was amazing. The inside was so beautiful and the food was incredible. If you are in Puerto Rico this is a must see!