“Beautiful restaurant, delicious food, cold service.”
Review of Perla

Perla
Ranked #40 of 1,072 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$9 - US$85
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Perla is a luxury seafood restaurant serving refined contemporary American cuisine with gracious and professional hospitality. DRESS CODE: No open toe shoes for men. No tank tops for men. No bathing suits.
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Went here with my family to celebrate my mother's 60th bday and my grandmother's 80th. We were greeted by our hostess warmly and taken to our table. Inside it's a beautiful lit world with lights and water.

Our waiter didn't introduce himself, but instead just came over, asked what we wanted, which didn't sit well with my mother or grandmother. We went from appetizers & drinks, waited, got them, and then had the waiter come back to take our food, and then the food was brought out later. But the entire time, there was no engagement by the waiter, he was very hands off and was only there to squarely do his job, and nothing more. For a restaurant that's priced so highly, the expectation for great service is there, and ours fell incredibly short.

The food itself was delicious. The seafood ceviche was fresh, the swordfish perfectly cooked, and the graham cracker ice cream was some of the best I've ever had.

So in short, great atmosphere, amazing food, but the service needs to step it up and make people feel more welcome.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed 30 March 2017

We had dinner at Perla and consider it the best experience of our vacation. The restaurant was softly lit with white chandeliers, crisp linenes and a white ceiling.
We felt like the "pearl" inside the soft belly of a friendly oyster. The food and the
service was great. The attentive and discreet waiter shared stories of surfing with sharks!

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Celebrated my 93rd Birthday having cocktails and dinner at this beautiful restaurant. It is expensive but well worth the money. Must go there.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

This was our fourth time to Puerto Rico and our fourth dinner at Perla. The service was fantastic and the food is always consistent. The view both inside and outside Perla is outstanding. Our server and chef went out of their way to accommodate my daughters who can be picky. I had the pan roasted sea bass that was cooked perfectly and tasted amazing. My wife had the red snapper that was great. The smoked grilled prawn appetizer was out of this world. The only challenge we had was with the wine list - they need a larger selection of well known or regarded mid-priced wines!

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I treated ourselves and dined at Perla during our stay at La Concha. Best meal of the whole holiday! The waiters were polite, the ambience was lovely but most importantly the food was to die for! We had the swordfish steak and the angus filet mignon for mains - without a doubt the best steak I've ever eaten - and the apple galette and orange creme brulee for dessert. My only disappointment was that I was too full to finish my dessert, because it was bloody delicious!

We also had a cocktail each and the bill, with service charge and tip, was $160. We didn't think that was too bad considering the reputation of the restaurant and the standard of food. Well worth a visit if you're in the area!