All reviews ocean park common balcony restaurant on premises puerto rico continental breakfast old san juan every morning hot water beach chairs yogurt staff was friendly and helpful small hotel restaurants within walking distance ocean front guesthouse umbrellas walgreens
Reviewed July 10, 2017

My family and I stayed for 1 day at this hotel which by the way right on the beach ....BEAUTIFUL VIEW..!!
But, as I was checking in the front desk Manager was not around and there which made it difficult to get my key to the room. I arrived 10 mins before check in , had to go in restaurant and ask a staff member who will be checking us in? Even tho they were so nice and accommodating amd offered me and my family a complimentary drink for the wait an hour passed by and finally manager arrived check us in but wait it gets better, as we rushed to our room we found cleaning ladies still cleaning up, so had to go back downstairs tell Manager about it, they were nice enough to set us up to another room until our other room was ready so we went , but it was so small, so i simply waited for another 45 mins to give ladies time to clean up and told them I wanted to go in my spacious room that o pd for, still room wasn't completely ready no towels was left . Now at this time it was getting a lil much, I was exhausted, hungry and wanted simply to leave our luggage in our room so we can hurry to go out to eat and get some rest for our red eye flight. Finally after 15 mins layet and a call to front desk ladies arrived with towels. What a delay!!!!! Family and I headed out came back 2 hrs later , as we tried to get into the apt building the lil access key magnet wouldn't let us in, so I headed back to front desk again Noone there, then headed back to restaurant to talk to a staff member who told me front desk Manager was on lunch and won't be back til am hour later. At this point I really wanted a refund for such an inconvience, so explained to staff member what was going on amd he was kind enough to tell me to swipe the access magnet key from the inside because from outside does not work which by the way i was not told about . So we finally got in and I couldn't wait to check out there just couldn't take 1 more thing going wrong. So in conclusion please call to make sure someone will be there to check you in for there is only 1 person to do so and also make sure your room is ready.
P.s. Goodluck with parking

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Curiosity806446
Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this Guest House for 3 nights. Very nice and helpful staff! Breakfast (fruit, yogurt, sweet rolls, juices) and beach chairs with umbrella included. Eating at tables placed on the beach after a morning walk along the ocean is a great way to start the day. Located in a gated neighborhood, you're within walking distance to many very good restaurants. Although we didn't eat at the on-site restaurant for lunch or dinner, it looked nice as you could eat inside (a/c) or outside (ocean breeze and stars). We used Uber (as public transportation on the weekend could be spotty) and it's reasonable ($6-8 to Old San Juan) and seemed reliable to get around. Overall a very good stay, but am refraining from giving 5 stars due to the price.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2017

Went on a girls trip with my sister and our daughters and this could not have been more perfect. Small hotel right on the beach out side the touristy part of San Juan. Room # 7 was great, large , had frig and tub/shower. They had a restaurant and bar downstairs and the food was very good. The rate included beach chairs and umbrellas and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance, also a great Walgreens where you can get a bottle of wine and sit on the terrace in the evening and listen to the ocean. Uber was always $6-10 to go to downtown San Juan. Continental breakfast but plenty of it and great coffee. Can't wait to return.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank nolamelly
Reviewed May 30, 2017

We stayed at the hotel on the beach for the last half of our vacation,this place is right on the beach and has a restaurant,lounge chairs and umbrellas provided on the beach for guests and they do rentals for vistors too.Rooms size are okay ,we had originally paid for a standard room,but the hot water wasn't working, the room smelled and safe wouldn't close , they gave us a larger room with kingsize bed ,the mattress I think needs changing as it was not too comfortable, but on a whole great views from the patio ,you could have your meals on tables and chairs that was on the beach or you could order a meal right beside the sea in your lounge chair and the staff would bring it to you out on beach,we loved the location, but several things happened to us we think we should share, the company we booked through gave us a welcome drink coupon, we decided to use it and had 2 mojitos,we then gave the server our coupon and ordered our meals ,when we got our bill they had chargedus for drink $10 for both drink ,I explained and they took it off the bill,2 days later I ordered the same Virgin monitor and they charge me $10 for the one drink. We checked out of hotel ,we had paid all our bills on checking in, my husband left his breathing machine at the hotel ,we discovered this when we returnedto the United States, He called hotel and explained if they could send it to him by ups and send bill he would repay them ,they sent it and told them it was on them as it was the least they could do,all his interactions with them he has nowvia texting.I was looking in my account online and saw a charge for $180 from the hotel,on the 22ndof may we had checked out the 13th of may without any outstanding balance, I called the hotel ,they told me they have no transactions pertaining to me ,I called my bank and reported it ,I spoke to hotel again finally they said they had charged my account to send my husband his machine,all this was done without my consent, if they had called and asked or even tell my husband to give them his card information, they think they had the right to just do as they please, wouldn't never recommend this place or return there are other nice places on the beach in ocean park ,with better customer service and to top it off this person from hotel told me let your husband pay you, it's not the payment but the action of them doing this without my consent.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
EstherFeliciano, Owner at Numero Uno Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2017

Our policy for items left behind is simple. Contact the guest and ask if they want the item returned to them. Then we mail the item at their expense. The guest seems to imply that we should have paid for the shipping. This is Not in any hotel policy. Ultimately,since we did not pay for their action of "forgetting"a large CPAP air machine in their room, they have written a disparaging review. I trust that the readers are able to see the ill intention.

Reviewed April 7, 2017

After hours on the beach and sand in places I didn't know I had I needed a 'proper' shower before I boarded the plane home. This place is right on the beach (with a great restaurant!) and it was clean with a spacious shower and roomy sleeping area. Just what we needed for a few hours rest before going home. Would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Great! We are really glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.