6,936 results
All reviewsla vistacoral loungeacross the streetocean frontcorner roomswim up barpool areachairs and umbrellasresort feeoceanfront roomtour deskbeach staffthe beach is nicecity viewan umbrellagreat resortpartial ocean view
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We loved our 3 night stay at the Marriott (a complete contrast to the 3 night stay we just finished at the El Conquistador Hotel). We were immediately greeted by friendly bell hops as we pulled. The lobby was under construction and a good portion was curtained off, but it didn't detracted from quality of the property. Check-in was efficient, staff was friendly. They even offered all guests a welcome rum punch (non alcoholic for the kids!) and they also gave a bag with 2 small bottles of Bacardi and a Pepsi with instructions on how to make a drink. We had used Marriott points to get a corner room which was very large and perfect for our family of 5 - 2 double beds, foldout couch and patio. The room had a bathroom with 2 sinks, a shower and separate bath. Just outside of the bathroom was a vanity/dressing table with mirror.
The pool area was very nice, pool was well-maintained. Plenty of towels available and staff is constantly cleaning up used towels to make chairs available. The swim up bar was fun for the kids and they could eat lunch there (which was moderately priced). The beach is easily accessible and there are chairs available (umbrellas were supposed to be included, but because we used Marriott points we didn't have to pay the 14% resort fee so we were allowed to get the chairs for free, but not an umbrella. The umbrella would cost us $12.50 per day. It seemed odd that the hotel would distinguish between chairs, umbrellas and people that used points, but they did).
If you want internet access in your room, that is an extra charge of $19.95 per day. If you are a Marriott Rewards Gold member you are supposed to get it for free.
Overall this hotel exceeded expectations. The location in Condado Beach area was great for walking to a number of good restaurants. There is a Starbucks and Hagen Daaz across the street. The Walgreens is at the end of the block (2 minute walk); it has a food market, so it is perfect for getting some things for the kids to snack on. It is a $15 taxi ride to Old San Juan and about the same to the airport.
All of us thoroughly enjoyed this Marriott and will plan to stay there on another visit to PR.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Michele G
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Had a stay here 2nd week of August. It seems as if they had just started (de)construction of the lobby bar/sitting area. The "narrow" hallway is difficult to navigate especially at the historic check-in/out times. I felt like I was being pushed into the freshly painted new walls.

Check-in at 1230am was quick. With a sold-out hotel I was lucky to get a room in the towers as a Platinum Premier member.

A LARGE plus is having a hertz located inside the hotel. I rented daily, and then was able to get around the parking charges.

Hotel is centrally located to all points in SJ. Great restaurant options are available closely. The choices range from highend steakhouse to "American" diner/quick food (burgers and such).

The conceirge lounge has a nice spread both in the evening and morning.

Pool looked clean/well kept (my 10th or so time here, and cleanest it has been) with plenty of room and seating areas.

I will stay back here when back in PR for business.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel since it's grand opening in 1995 and have yet to be disappointed. The San Juan Marriott has an exceptional staff and an unbeatable location. The best shops and restaurants are all within walking distance and you are only a 5 minute taxi ride away from Old San Juan. The Condado strip is full of hotels, but this one always delivers with live bands on Friday and Saturday nights and comfortable rooms. I highly recommend staying in the Condado section of San Juan since there is always something you can do at any time of the day.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank elcoqui13
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was less than impresssed with the check-in experience. The front-desk associate seemed like she would have rather been doing anything than checking me in. As a Marriott Platinum member, I generally experience a warm welcome during my check-in experience. As part of my original booking, I purchased the daily continental breakfast for 2, and was supposed to receive a coupon book upon check-in; however, I received no coupon book, and I ultimately was charged for the continental breakfast for 2 people on each day of my stay. During my stay, I was told that the continental breakfast would display as part of my bill, but that the Final bill would credit these charges back to me. When I returned home, I asked that a final bill be sent to me with all adjusted credits and charges displayed. I received my final bill with an additional charge, but no credit given for the nearly $50/day continental breakfast. I asked that this be credited back to my account and that someone contact me explaining the reason for the discrepancy, as I had noted this same issues on other travellers' posts. I received a credit for the continental breakfast each day, bu have yet to receive any follow-up from Hotel management, Overall, I enjoyed my stay. I especially enjoyed the wait/bar staff; however, the front desk staff members that I encountered were less than helpful. I had a much better experience at the Courtard Isla Verde.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lil_damie
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is a difficult review to write because we did truly enjoy ourselves for the first 4days of our stay but due to our room being robbed on the last day and management’s lack of concern and follow up, it is impossible to feel good about our experience at this hotel and Marriott as a whole.

On August 4, we went down to the pool for a drink, leaving our iphones and an ipod behind since we figured that they would be safer there than unattended on a lounge chair. I do realize that the safe would have been the best option, but how many of us really think that our room will be robbed when we step out to the pool for 45 minutes? Upon return, I was unable to get into the room and a security officer sent to assist me was unable to open the door, even after replacing the batteries in the lock. The lock mechanism had to be removed from the door in order to open it. I realized that our phones were gone shortly after going in. We called more security & the police, filed reports, etc. and spoke with the front desk manager before our departure the next day. We heard the “right” things about how they would be sure to make sure that the claim was handled quickly, they understood how we felt, and that someone would get back to us quickly etc. After leaving messages for the director of security and the front desk manager, we have yet to receive a return call or any further contact, nor did we receive any sort of gesture as an apology, not even a comped drink. I understand that thefts can and do happen anywhere but the lack of concern on their part has completely soured me on staying at any Marriott at this point.

I don’t think this review will deter anyone from staying at this hotel, but will hopefully serve as a reminder to use the safe no matter how short a time you are out of the room, no matter where you are staying. I’m just relieved that we did put our wallets in the safe!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family