Check-in was easy and pleasant. I was a few hours early and the room reserved was not ready. However, I was offered an alternative that was a small trade-off (two queen-sized beds vs. one king), but fine with me. I was happy to be able to check-in early. Unfortunately, the bathroom had not been fully cleaned when I checked in. I called guest services to report the issue and it took three people to respond and resolve my issue, but it was addressed. Despite this episode, a majority of hotel staff was pleasant each day. Door staff was quick to greet, the bell staff was witty when I requested baggage storage or taxis, beach staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and the concierge was honest and cheerful (the one with the curly blond hair).
There is a convenient area right off the lobby to book off-site tours that include hotel pick-up/transportation; the booking staff there can be prickly, but they get the job done (I think they are contractors, not hotel staff). This hotel is vast! I got lost trying to find the fitness room and the business center a couple of times. I'd have to go outside and re-enter through a different entrance or take another bank of elevators to get to a different side of the hotel. That was my own little issue, not the hotel's. LOL! I did notice that activities in the lobby area were quite loud when I'd enter the hotel, but the noise didn't filter up to my room on the 14th floor (my room faced the pool/beach).
The resort fee covered things like bottled water, towels and beach chairs, business center usage, and poolside activities. I would suggest all guests take advantage; you're paying for it anyway. I did not use the casino, did not eat at the hotel for any meals, nor did I stay around for the nightly entertainment. I had activities off-site, so can't speak to those amenities. The beach was heavenly. The water was a bit chilly for me, but lying on a chaise was just what I needed on vacation. The water was a little choppy at night and the gates to the beach from the hotel close at night so there's no beach entry. The pools were relaxing and beautiful as was the beach/pool side dining area.
I chose this hotel because I am familiar with Marriott and have a rewards card. Also, I liked its placement in San Juan; it was a little oasis in the middle of a city. The one drawback was the noisy construction taking place on nearby businesses. Understandable since it was in the middle of a business week, but did remind me I was in a city. Another benefit: the hotel was on a bus line, which I used to go back and forth to Old San Juan. Also, it is situated near various restaurants, parks and shops.
The one feature I generally like in Marriott hotels is the beds. The beds are heavenly and I always sleep well. I did in San Juan as well; this time with the sound of the ocean lulling me to sleep. I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan