6,995 results
All reviews la vista coral lounge across the street ocean front corner room swim up bar pool area chairs and umbrellas resort fee oceanfront room tour desk beach staff the beach is nice city view an umbrella great resort partial ocean view
Reviewed December 14, 2015

First visit to Puerto Rico! I just got back from a 4-night stay at this resort. I am more than pleased and would highly recommend this hotel for the following reasons:

-The staff is wonderful and extremely helpful. They are always smiling and make you feel so welcome
-Rooms are clean and not too small. Plus, how can you beat having a balcony?
-Noise was NOT an issue whatsoever. It was peaceful and enjoyable the entire time
-The location is prime; footsteps from the beach and it's surrounded by restaurants and bars within walking distance. The CVS might as well be a part of the hotel because it’s literally next door. You can save a lot of money by buying bottled water and snacks. It’s also not a bad idea to buy your own bottle of alcohol!
-The resort is a $20 cab ride from the airport
-The pool has a fun atmosphere and the sun is shining right over it around noon this time of year. It's a good size and has a water slide. It also has a swim-up pool bar. Drinks average $10-$13 per drink but you can only pay with a card or charge it to your room. No cash accepted! I have a 3 year old daughter so I did not mind the children. This was a trip just for mommy and daddy though!
-The Red Coral Lounge has a fun scene at night time. They had a live band a couple of the nights we were there. The band/music really gives you an authentic Puerto Rican feel; I loved it!
-The casino is a good size. I’m not into gambling but my fiancé was. No hats allowed.
-Don't worry about calling a cab. Cabs were easily accessible from the hotel. 3 loud claps from the gentlemen up front and boom you have a cab ready for you.

*Alexandra was so sweet and so helpful during check in. My only initial complaint was that I called almost 2 weeks ahead of my check-in date and requested a room on a higher floor. I got the total opposite and was placed on the 2nd floor in the cabana facing the pool. My understanding was that availability was the issue, which is totally understandable. The staff kindly offered to move my room a few floors higher, but I decided not to at the last minute. The view was still beautiful and so nice to wake up to. I realized that you're on vacation to enjoy what's in front of you; NOT complain about every single thing that doesn't go your way. This hotel has 2 buildings; the main tower and the cabana. I was informed by staff that the cabana has updated rooms, so I would recommend asking for the cabana with a pool view.

*Aixa was our server at La Vista and was a sweetheart. Constantly smiling, and made sure my fiance and I were taken care of. Yes, the buffet is $26 per person but that INCLUDES bottomless mimosas! Hello!!!!! Nothing like getting a little toasty at breakfast before taking on the day. That's if you like to have a good time. Based on some of these reviews, I’d say some of you could have used a few mimosas.....The food was also delicious- I had an omelet, pancakes and fresh fruit. No complaints!

-Beach chairs, umbrellas and towels are all included with your stay. I just loved looking around seeing people having a great time. That's what it's about. Everyone there is so cheerful and sweet. We did NOT want to leave!
-If you're into bar hopping or being in a lively atmosphere-- take a $12 cab from the hotel to an area called "La Placita." Trust me, you will not be disappointed. There are endless dining and drinking options.

All in all my fiance and I had an excellent stay. It was quite depressing coming back to DC. We will return sometime next year for sure!

Thanks so much to the beautiful staff. You guys truly made our stay memorable.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aranisse13
SJMarriottResort, Director of Operations at San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2015

Dear Aranisse13:
Thank you for choosing the San Juan Marriott for your 1st ever 4 night stay in San Juan!
We appreciate you taking the time to share such positive feedback with us and look forward to having you back next year!

Reviewed December 14, 2015

Travel days can be long and tiring as ours was. We arrived at the Marriott at 11:00 pm. My wife checked us in using their app on her phone when we arrived at the airport. When we walked in, they were ready and completed our check in in about 3 minutes. The bell staff was fast and efficient, they upgraded our room to an Oceanfront Balcony which was clean and inviting. The beds, pillows very comfortable, the bathing products were nice. Friends were arriving the following night and they fulfilled our request to put them in a room close by. That too was a free upgrade. The Chinese restaurant off the casino is really good too. For close offsite dining, the Italian Restaurant across the street is very good and reasonably priced. The beach here is nice they provide complimentary chairs and umbrellas. The pool bars are convenient and the food is good.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Eric H:
We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our mobile check-in program and that you were upgraded to an Ocean Front room! We appreciate your comments and hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed December 14, 2015

This place is in a great location, close to everything, by great beaches. Great food, incredible facilities and above all some of the best service you will experience in the island. If you want a drink at the main bar in the lobby, ask for Yadira and have her make you one of her world famous mojitos...by far the best around. In the mornings make sure you head down to the restaurant by the pool for breakfast, make sure you ask for Sonny from Brooklyn, he will take good care of you and don't be surprised if by the second time you see him your breakfast is pretty much at the table already; he will remember what you had, what you like and what you want. The entire experience at this place was incredible.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business

Dear Del M:
Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate your comments, especially those regarding the service provided by our staff. We will certainly share your review with Yadira and Sonny, as we know they will be excited to hear that they were able to positively impact your stay. See you soon!

Reviewed December 13, 2015 via mobile

Great place to be in, friendly environment, great customers services, lots to do and see. In this hotel has waterslide a relaxing Walpole and also it lead you to the beach of San Juan. There are restaurant around the hotel that are great food authentic in non-authentic. And if you want to go out and be romantic San Juan Puerto Rico will give you that what you desire the most. So come and try it you will not be disappointment.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ricardo M

Dear Ricardo M:
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay at our Resort...we appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 13, 2015 via mobile

This was our (my husband and I) first trip to San Juan. We wanted to stay somewhere that had beach access but also where we could walk to restaurants and businesses. It was perfect! You can also either walk or take a short taxi ride to Old San Juan. Our room had a beautiful ocean view. Everyone we encountered on staff were very friendly. Excellent customer service! Icing on the cake --my husband even won money in the casino!! It was our first trip but it definitely will not be our last. Loved every minute.....

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scenic810384

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your first trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico!
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location, beautiful ocean views and lively Casino! We look forward to seeing you again soon.