US$185
US$289
US$273
US$235
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$184
  • Restaurant
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$207
US$180
Travelocity
6,874 results
All reviewsla vistacoral loungeacross the streetocean frontcorner roomswim up barpool areachairs and umbrellasresort feeoceanfront roomtour deskbeach staffthe beach is nicecity viewan umbrellagreat resortpartial ocean view
Reviewed December 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for three nights before our cruise. On the plus side, the hotel is at a great location. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes in the area, a Walgreens, a Starbucks and the bus stop is just steps away (it only costs 75c to go to OSJ). We saw police patrol on bicycles and motorcycles day and night, it felt very safe to walk around at night. The two pools are clean and well-maintained. You get free beach chairs and towels. There are two free bottles of water each day in the room. On the negative side of things, the food at the hotel is very expensive. We got a city-view room, and it's a Very small room. I could say the accommodation is comfortable, but only worth a three-star rating. And the wireless internet is painfully slow. We ended up using the internet connection at the Starbucks across the street instead. If you need to talk to the front desk staff at night, you almost have to shout because the music at the lobby bar is so loud. Overall, we were satisfied with our stay. Could we have picked a better hotel? Of course, like the El Convento, but you have to pay more than double the price!
**Tips for travellers. For breakfast or lunch, go to Camile's Cafe instead of Danny's. It's much better quality and value. Try the Cherry Blossom Tepanyaki. But don't order any sushi because for one, they're very expensive, two, you won't be able to finish all the food! Their final bill already includes a 15% tip. Consider taking the bus instead of taxi to OSJ. The buses come every ten minutes. When you are taking a taxi, always agree on the fare before you get on. Sharing a cab is cost-effective.

2  Thank SasaMommy
MDelgado01, Marketing Admin. Assist. at San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2009

Dear SasaMommy;

It is great to know that you had chosen the San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino for your pre-cruise stay. We are very happy you had a great time and that enjoy San Juan, Puerto Rico. Thanks for sharing your feedback and tips for our future guests. We hope to se you back very soon.

Reviewed December 23, 2009

I have rated a lot of hotels before and never found one completely un-rateable. I had to combine the 1 star and 5 star to make it a 3 star. I am surprised about all the completely positive reviews. Our biggest problem by far was they gave us a room that was so humid, all our clothes were damp, and it reeked of mold. They didn't let us switch the first night because the hotel was full. The second day, we spent several hours being shown one room after the next, all moldy, until I was ready to leave the hotel. The front staff was non-apologetic and completely un-helpful. Finally Jose the bellman saved the day and showed us to a nice room which he found instead of the front desk. I have contacted Marriott since and received a room price adjustment, but still! Absolutely pathetic and completely not on a par with many other Marriotts I have stayed at. One other issue was that my husband was trying to call us every day, and asking the desk why his calls were never answered, We didn't get any messages because it turns out the phones were wired wrong or some excuse. Finally figured it out and fixed it the last night.
Many commented on how nice the staff was, and I totally agree except for the front desk and concierge. Maids, bellmen, pool guys were all really exceptional. Even though the ocean was too rough for anyone but a young strong person, my daughter was on swim team for 6 years and so loved the crashing waves that she spent half of every day in the ocean. The beach sand was great, clean and the ocean had no trash or seaweed. I also thought the neighborhood was fine, and believe me, I get completely scared in most big cities. I actually thought it was a great location. I wrote another review about Tuscany's which was amazing, and so much better than what I'd expected. In balancing the good with the bad, when I wasn't arguing about moldy rooms, I had a very nice time there. But I was treated so shabbily that I will pick another hotel when I return to San Juan.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank JeanneFleur63
Reviewed December 11, 2009

We got the trip via Cheapcarribean.com and got a great price for a city view room. When we got there we got an offer for an upgrade, which we gladly took, and boy was that the right decision. We got the balcony overlooking the pool and the ocean, and can hear the sound of the waves as we fall asleep at night. The room is nice and clean, there is a refrigerator and a safe in the room. I didn't get to use the high speed internet connection, but the in-room coffee service was great - we made coffee in the morning and sat on our balcony and just sat enjoyed the view.

There are many other amenities, including free hour of internet each day of your stay. There is a kiosk where you can print your boarding pass without going to the business/computer center, but it wasn’t working when I tried to use it, so Guest Services printed them for me and send it up to our room.

Service was generally excellent. Our bell boy, Pedro, waited patiently for us to check in, then gave us lots of advises on where to eat, what to see, best way to get around, and so forth. The front desk/guest services were equally accommodating. The woman behind the Concierge’s desk seemed impatient and was annoyed with my questions because she was doing something else.

Instead of nice sitting areas, the lobby has a bar right in the center and tables and chairs all around it. My husband said that is how most hotels are set up here. There is a Coffee Merchant that sells coffee, light snacks and ice cream during the day, then the place is turned into Noodle Village at night.

We didn't try the Tuscany, which got great review from another travel site, but mixed review from TripAdvisor users. One of the couple we met told us the food was great though; they were from D.C. area so they should know

We had breakfast at La Vista every day, and we always get the buffet breakfast, which, at $19.99pp, was the best value. You get made to order eggs/omelets (they do have eggbeaters), assorted fruits, cereals and pastries. We're so full from breakfast we seldom need to stop for lunch. They also have a seafood/prime rib dinner buffet, which we tried the last night we were in Puerto Rico, and it was also very good.

There is a bus stop a block from the hotel, bus fare is .75pp. As is in the states, exact change is needed for the bus. Old San Juan is the last stop on most of the buses, but B-21 is the most direct route. From Old San Juan you can catch buses to various parts of the island. If you want to go to Isle Verde from the hotel you may be better off with a cab

The hotel has two beautiful pool area, one only a few feet deep (for the families with little kids) and one that goes up to 5 feet deep. As hotel guests, you can get free umbrellas and chairs at the beach right in front of the hotel, and there are staff to help you set them up if you wish. I have read, and the hotel staff confirmed, that due to strong current, it is not a good idea to actually swim there. Most of the guests seem to heed these advises, and stay on the beach.

The casino is small compare with those in the states, and the odds of winning are horrible, but I think that is the case for most of the casinos on the island.

We visited hotels in Isle Verde, and while there are many nice hotels, including the famous El San Juan, with ornate lobby and great nightlife. But the neighborhood was not as well lit, and has fewer nice restaurants than Condado (thought I think the best restaurants are in Old San Juan)

We also visited El Convento hotel. El Convento is quaint, but if you like all the modern convenience, such as a pool and fitness center, it may not be for you. It is located in Old San Juan, which is dark and very quite in some areas so I didn’t feel as safe there.

Overall, we were very happy with the choice we made, and would recommend this hotel to all our friends.

4  Thank mellowY2

Dear MellowY2;

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and other Trip Advisor members. We are extremely happy you had a great stay with us and that had the opportunity to enjoy our facilities and surrounding areas.

Reviewed December 11, 2009

This was a trip planned by my husband for my birthday. Our room was a water front view room . The room was clean the view terrific , balcony , refigerator in room was great because we were able to buy cold drinks and keep cold. The people were friendly , it was
only a 20.00 charge with tip to go to Old San Juan by cab. We took the local bus for 75 cents , which was right around the corner from the hotel and took the cab back.
We would stay here again with no doubt. Book room on the top floor to enjoy the view.

oon

1  Thank yellow50
MDelgado01, Marketing Admin. Assist. at San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2009

Dear Guest;

Thank you for staying at the San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino. We are very happy your husband decided to stay at our property to celebrate your birthday. It is great to know you had an excellent vacation with and will love to see you both very soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2009

We stayed at the Marriott San Juan Resort for 5 nights and loved every minute of it. The check in process was simple, but you have to talk loud as there is a band playing in the background. We got into our room and had a beautiful view of the city.

Pool/Ocean:
Definitely plan on spending at least 2 days at the pool/beach. They are absolutely beautiful. The poolside bar is a must to try and the drinks at very good, but expensive. Plan on spending at least $9 on 1 drink. The beach is nice and getting chairs is definitely a plus. If you want to get an umbrella, its $12 (I think) for one. Its very windy on the beach and the waves are pretty rough, but its still fun to swim in the ocean, just be careful. They do have waitstaff on the beach to get you drinks if you want them.

Room:
Beds are extremely comfortable to sleep in. Balcony is nice with table and chairs to enjoy some pre-dinner cocktails. Having a mini fridge in the room came in handy as we were able to keep milk for cereal in the mornings and sandwich meat for lunches. Digital temperate control in the room is convenient. The room heats up quickly if you leave the patio door open for a prolonged period of time. Facing the city was loud, but the patio doors surprisingly blocked out most of the noise. The walls between the rooms are thinner as we were woken up in the morning by a couple yelling at each other. We definitely enjoyed the time we spent in the room.

Atttractions/Restaurants:
We spent a day in Old San Juan and LOVED it. El Morro and San Cristobal are worth the $5/person admission. Very beautiful sites and even more beautiful views. Its about 1 mile walk between the two sites, but there is so much to look it at that it goes quick. You cant go wrong with any local restaurant for lunch. Taxis are easy to get too. We were planning on taking the bus for $.75 there, but as we were waiting, a taxi came up and said he would take us to OSJ for $3, so we took advantage of that. Otherwise, it costs $15 one way from the hotel to OSJ. We did the El Yunque rainforest tour ($53/person through the hotel) and we really enjoyed that as well. Shuttle picks you up at 8:30 in the morning and after an informative 50 minute drive you are there. Bring a poncho or umbrella as it rains on and off there. Beautiful sites and landscape. We would recommend this to anyone. The driver stopped off for lunch at a local stop on the side of a road from El Yunque and the food was DELICIOUS!
We also ate dinners at Yerba Buena (very good, we recommend the duck, but expensive), Via Appai (slightly above average pizza, poor service), and Wasabi (good sushi, slow service). These restaurants are to the left of the hotel. Starbucks and Haggen-Dazs is right across the street and Walgreens (with groceries) is about 1 block from the hotel. You can purchase liquor about 4-5 blocks away at H&G (just past the Renaissance Hotel).

Overall, we loved our 1st trip to San Juan. We will definitely stay at this hotel as everyone is very nice and helpful. It was very clean and you feel safe in the hotel as security is always around. We were disappointed to leave, but cant wait to go back!

1  Thank ponchogirl

Dear Guest;

It makes us very happy and proud to read such a great review about our property. We are very happy you had an awesome vacation with us. Thank you very much for all the great feedback and recommendations to our future guests. We really look forward to see you very soon.