6,936 results
All reviewsla vistacoral loungeacross the streetocean frontcorner roomswim up barpool areachairs and umbrellasresort feeoceanfront roomtour deskbeach staffthe beach is nicecity viewan umbrellagreat resortpartial ocean view
Reviewed September 22, 2017

We could not have asked for a better experience during our stay (for our honeymoon). We had wonderful days spent the beach and pool, and great restaurant dining experiences. Wonderful food and customer service throughout our entire service-- from pool days to restaurant dinners. One particular incident stands out--one night I cut my finger on a glass cup and George Pinitgiro helped (while delivering room service food), taking action and called security/first aid right away and he got us the help we needed right away. The customer service here is more than we could have ever asked for and we thank you for such a wonderful experience while vacationing. Truly defines the meaning go home away from home. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
José G, General Manager at San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2017

Dear Danielle C:
Thank You for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback with us - we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2017

Have reservations for October 15. Anyone have anything to share re: this hotel and surrounding area? Not sure if we should cancel yet, or just hold out for now. Anything anyone can provide would be most helpful.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
244  Thank Marianne777
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

My little brother is staying at your hotel during the hurricane which is expected to hit tonight. He said the briefing your management provided to all guests last night was very complete and comforting. Sounds like you are proactive with removing balcony furniture and pool furniture, have a full cistern and full generator capabilities. Moving all the guests to center location so their safety can be monitored is really admirable. I hope the best for you and your staff during this hurricane which is expected hit you in the next 12 hours. I think I will be staying in Marriott hotels a lot more than I had in the past. Good business!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
20  Thank fringle
José G, General Manager at San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2017

Dear fringle:
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback with us - we appreciate your comments!

Reviewed September 19, 2017

This is my third stay at the San Juan Marriott and I was very pleased once again with the facilities and overall service. I was upgraded to an Oceanfront room thanks to the excellent and surprising pre-arrival service from Glenmarie Perez, who also was a great help in helping me with my Vieques Bio-Bay Tour. Although the room was a bit smaller than the rooms I had been in before, the view was spectacular from the 18th floor. I took the time to personally meet Glenmarie who was very personable, friendly and welcoming. Having spent 10+ years working in the Hotel industry, I appreciate this level of service. In addition, my Housekeeper, Leyela, provided excellent service every day even though I keep rather late sleeping hours.

My friend at the pool and beach, Server Jackie Ocassio greeted me warmly and remembered me from my last stay. Her Beverage Manager, Lourdines also took the time to introduce herself and offer a free drink on my first day. Also, I enjoyed talking with your Pool Host, Isabel Fas who was very friendly and helpful.

I had breakfast and Dinner a few days in La Vista and Karla provided exceptional service in the evenings. Jecenia, La Vista Supervisor also introduced herself and was very friendly and helpful during both the week of relaxing and the Hurricane extra night stay (See below). Overall, my week stay was very relaxing and enjoyable and each time I stay at the property I feel like I am coming back to friends in your very personable staff. The property is kept up well and I noticed some improvements this time around. In addition, I've been told that there are more improvements coming in the next several months.

I ended up calling the hotel on the Wednesday that Hurricane Irma was arriving as my Jet Blue flight was delayed several times and then cancelled. The Front Office Supervisor was gracious in providing a room for me for an additional night and there was a nice lunch buffet in the Lobby Bar when I arrived. The Hotel Management and Staff made good decisions around the impending bad weather and provided the same level of service during the storm. I was fortunate to get a very late flight out on Thursday to JFK and then an early AM flight back to Chicago. I was also pleasantly surprised that my airline, Jet Blue actually sent reps directly to the Marriott to help travellers with their altered plans. I did not see any other airlines make a presence in the hotel.

The San Juan Marriott once again exceeded my expectations and although Irma dampened (literally) the end of my stay a bit, this is a property I would not hesitate to return to. I only hope and pray that Hurricane Maria is kind to the island I am starting to call my home away from home. Thank you San Juan for your hospitality overall and to Marriott for raising the standards of hospitalit in your property - DN.

Room Tip: Become a Marriott Rewards Member, book City View room directly thru their website. Check the "Look No Further" program.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank dnjazz8

Dear dnjazz8:
Thank you for choosing to stay with us - we are thrilled to hear that you consider us your "home away from home". We appreciate your comments and thank you for recognizing the service provided by our staff- we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

We were evacuated here from St Thomas after Hurricane Irma and were very pleased with our time here. The hotel is modern and well kept. The room was excellent and overlooked the pool and beach. It also smelled of lavender; best smelling room ever! The bed was top notch and everything was in good working order. The Red Coral lounge was a highlight and had an excellent assortment of food that was better than expected for bar fare. The casino is small but has all the vegas style games one would expect. I won a little so I can't complain. The pool is a little small and shallow but very nice with a mosaic tile floor, swim up bar, and enough chairs for the low season at least. This is definitely one of the finest Marriotts I've stayed at.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
José G, General Manager at San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Dear vanos954:
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay at our Resort. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!