“DO IT”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Y'all. I can't say enough great things about this place. Its tucked away behind a gallery I believe. My mojito was delicious (all 3 of them). My food was so yummy that I was already missing the meals before I even left to go home. I ordered a stuffed avocado with chicken, rice and beans (beans cooked with mangos) and fried green plantains as well as regular fried plantains. This is a very traditional dish and it was incredible. The hot sauce is worth it to if you like it spicy!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Nice small restaurant, nice and attentive staff, fast service and the food tastes very good (Shrimp stuffed avocado, rice and beans and "ensalada chilena" with an original "Mojito"). They have a nice Puerto Rican and Chilean food.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I was told about this small but great restaurant by someone we met at our hotel. I am so glad we took the recommendation. The drinks were delicious and the food was even better.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

My friend and I stopped at this small restaurant after a long day walking through Old San Juan. The service was good, the waiter explained the menu, their specialties, and answered any questions. I ordered the stuffed avocado with chicken, a green salad, white rice with beans. It was a lot of food so I couldn't finish it all. Everything tasted great and the avocado was fresh and huge. I also liked the atmosphere of the place. It is located inside a space that also houses a few small shops. The shops were a great place to walk around after dinner.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Went for an early dinner on a Sunday. We were greeted and promptly seated in a small room (not sure if there were other rooms there). There was only one table with people at the time. We ordered the mofongo relleno de camarones (~$17) and the avocado stuffed with chicken and tostones (~$13). Both plates were nicely presented and tasted good and were decent portions. The ambiance was ok (rustic, exposed walls), the music was fine (salsa) and the prices typical for this area: we paid $39 for two dishes tax and tip, no drinks, no apps or desserts. Service was ok, for instance they offered mayo ketchup never brought it and never came back to check if everything was ok. At least they refilled our water.