First off, the hotel is not bad by any means. The rooms are ok, pool is nice, great food selection, good location, and all that stuff. I will break this down a little further...
Check-in - The woman at the counter was great. She did the best she could, but the room was not ready. We were on a honeymoon (kinda) and she was going to upgrade our room. We were told the room was not ready and to check back. Went and checked out the grounds, came back (when they said to) and the room was not ready. Waited in the lobby for about another hour, checked and said room was ready. Now keep in mind, this person was not the lady who had helped us get checked in. My opinion is he was ready to get us moved into a room and gave us one that was ready. We went to the room and it was not a upgrade. They called my cell and said the room was ready (after I was already in my room) and said my room was ready. I kinda figured it was not as the roof and other side of the hotel view was not typical of an "upgrade".
Room - Room itself was decent. Not the best we have ever stayed in, but not the worst. It was fairly clean. Clean enough for us at least and I am pretty OCD about this stuff. Bathroom was tiny and no room for anything or room for more than one person. Cleaning did take place, but it was always late in the afternoon. We normally are at the pool most of the day so no big deal. They were always done by 4.
Pool - Pools were nice. No issues at all besides maybe service. There were not a lot of employees going around taking orders. Which is not a big deal as we do not tend to drink a lot during the day.
Food - Food was pretty good and a good selection in the hotel and close by. At the hotel food was somewhat pricey, but you are at a hotel so of course you are going to pay more.
Casino - We went to another casino and it was not as nice nor as "happening" as the Conrad's. Service was great as long as you are spending money in the casino. Only odd thing was they let people eat at the tables. They would bring soup and sandwiches to you at the table. Little odd I thought, but whatever.
Overall not the best, but it was a vacation nonetheless; so not working and being by the pool is always fun. Would probably not stay here again and spend more on another hotel if we do come back. If the hotel wants to get better reviews they are going to have to fix the overall service they provide. Meaning making sure room are spotless and pool services more present. That or lower prices to make it more on par with what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct and Travelocity so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham