2,498 results
All reviewsrooftop poolacross the streetold san juansenor frogscruise shipwithin walking distancefree trolleyburger placeroyal caribbeanhotel is in a great locationupgraded to a suitepre cruiseel morrosmall balconyyour luggagefew blocksrental car
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I received this hotel upon a Priceline bid and had read varying reviews. We stayed here for one night after our cruise. We got to the hotel around 11am and did a pre-checkin and dropped off our bags. Our guest services agent, Veronica was super friendly and effecient. Even though check-in wasn't until 3pm, she took down my phone number and said she would call me when the room was available.

We then went to the Chicago Burger restaurant inside of the Sheraton and had a really good burger. The location of this hotel is excellent. It's right across the street from one of the cruise piers (and down the street from the other) right in the heart of old san juan you can walk just about anywhere. There's tons of shopping, restaurants and touring to be done in this area. We walked down to El Morro and received a call around 1:45 that our room was ready. However, we were having such a good time in Old San Juan we still didn't check-in until around 5. When we went to get our room key, I was told we had been "upgraded". Having already seen the rooms online I didn't know what this could possibly mean. When we got to the room it looked exactly like the pictures that are posted. The cons were the carpet was dirty, the room kind of old and dark, but the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was updated and we had a view of the cruise pier. I guess this is what our "update" was. We were suppossed to be checked out by 11am the next day but called downstairs to ask for a later check out and it was granted. I really love the hotel location, it just can't be beat. There's a small business center so if you need to use a computer your all set.

If your looking for a great place to stay before your cruise as well as experience Puerto Rico then this is the place for you. Make sure to also check out the restaurant "Punto de Vista" while your there. Awesome Puerto Rican food about 2 blocks from the Sheraton.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2011

The Sheraton in Old San Juan was great. The hotel was clean and the staff was so friendly. I felt like they were having a contest or something to see who could be the nicest and most informative about the city! Another bonus was the rooftop pool and the workout facility overlooking the dock where the cruise ships dock. You can walk from the hotel to any of the great restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Located in Old San Juan, which is what my fiance and I we were looking for. Otherwise, it's a pretty average hotel. It is located across the street from the cruise ship docks. There's a casino on the first floor, which is nice. For good local restaurants, I'd recommend walking a little bit away from the docks to find slightly lower prices and less touristy food.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gregoryjm
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Great bed very comfortable. Great spot to explore old san juan from. Great if you are going on a cruise.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I stayed there for couple of nights. I loved the location.. but then entire Old San Juan is like few miles walk from anywhere anyway. Staff was not bad.. They should just have given me a brief overview of the facilities/services they had over there. I was a bit disappointed to see that my room didn't have much amenities, as a room in Sheraton with this kinda $$ should have had. My room being across from elevator was a bit noisy.. Everything was in working order though. I can stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business