Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel
US$208
Sheraton.com
US$255
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$129
  • Restaurant
US$340
US$279
US$172
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$114
  • Breakfast included
US$249
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$305/night.

US$274
Marriott Hotels
Hotel Milano(San Juan)
US$73
  • Restaurant
2,453 results
All reviewsrooftop poolacross the streetold san juancruise portsenor frogsships dockwithin walking distancefree trolleyburger placeroyal caribbeanhotel restauranthotel is in a great locationupgraded to a suitepre cruisesmall balconyel morroyour luggage
Reviewed May 10, 2012

After spending four spectacular nights at El San Juan in La Isla Verde we wanted to make a change of scenery and head to Old San Juan for the last two days of our trip. From the outside we were pleasantly surprised by the ideal waterfront location and great proximity to all of the shops and restaurants of Old San Juan. Upon entry I was immediately regretting my decision to leave old San Juan and when we finally got into our room (3 hours later), I was devastated we ever left El San Juan. The room was dark with barely any sunlit. The windows looked into a parking garage that covered what remaining sunlight would have entered our room. The walls were an ugly yellow color with no artwork and I seriously felt like I was in a dorm room or even worse a jail. The rooftop pool did only a little more to make our stay better. There a decent sized pool, with some chairs and a hot tub (that could have been a little warmer). Unless you can guarantee a waterfront view, I would not recommend staying here. There are no "real" bars and no real entertainment besides the casino which is filled with old people (no offense to those of you that are of that age). If you're heading to San Juan your options should be El San Juan, La Concha, The Ritz Carlton or St. Regis Bahia Beach (the two at the end on the pricier side).

Room Tip: Only choose rooms with water views or you'll feel like your in a dungeon looking into a parking garage.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We checked in about 2:30. There had been some mix up because they were showing that we were to be in a room with a king bed, which wouldn't work as we had our 5 year old son with us. The young lady at the front desk quickly adjusted to have us in a room with 2 double beds. She was professional and pleasant. Upon hearing that we were taking a cruise the next day she offerred us a slightly later check out which was VERY MUCH appreciated. We had time to linger a bit after breakfast and then head over to the pier.

Our room was clean and as expected. It was very convenient and easy to explore OSJ from this location. We walked around quite a bit and saw a lot in the area.

The pool was small but clean. The views from the pool area were decent.

The next morning we could see our ship docked over at the Pan American pier from our window.

In the event that we take another cruise out of San Juan, I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I was a little hesitant about staying here after reading some of the reviews. We made reservations using priceline for 4 nights. We were on the 6th floor and had a view of the waterfront. The room was pretty decent; spacious,comfy bed, nice bathroom. There were pool towels in our room; which came in handy. The TV remote was a pain, it didn't work if you lied far away on the bed. You had to be close to the TV to change channels. Also, the shower made awful noise, I turned the knob a little and then it stopped. Left both complaints, hope they do something about it.

The staff was great; we had no trouble checking in at 3 pm, our room was ready when we arrived. We asked the receptionist where we could buy some umbrellas and she gave us one for use during our stay. The concierge wasn't very friendly though, we asked him if he had any suggestions on activities/restaurants and he just handed us brochures. We checked out early on our final day; stored our luggage at the hotel and roamed in Old San Juan.

The hotel is located in a great location in old San Juan. All of the tourist attractions are nearby within walking distance except for maybe El Morro fort; which is maybe a 30 min walk away. But there is a free trolley/bus service right in front of the hotel. There are a lot of good restaurants within walking distance. We took the ferry right in front of our hotel to get to Catano and visited the Bacardi rum factory.

There's no good beach nearby, you can probably take the cab to Condado beach which is the closest. But it's not that great. We ended up renting a car because of some excursions we were doing in Fajardo/Culebra which worked out great. Ended up going to Luquillo beach.

The Palio restaurant at the Sheraton had a good breakfast spread, we ate a huge breakfast everyday. We ended up having dinner here one night when it was raining. We ordered soup of the day (cream of plaintain) and Garden pizza. Both were delicious!

The hotel has it's upsides and downsides, you need to set your expectations. It's not a luxury resort (although they do charge some resort fees), but it's not that horrible either.

3  Thank Sheba-k
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stay here for weekend getaways. The hotel is in a wonderful location, great walking distance to shops and restaurants, as well as exhibits and local fairs - and of course the Historical areas of Old San Juan. The rooms are clean and well-maintained. We don't visit the casino, so no comment on that, but it looks bright and fun. On the down side, the hotel is showing a bit of wear and tear, especially in the pool area and the guest rooms. We stayed in a suite this last visit and some of the furniture was stained and torn - carpet is worn and stained in places as well. The bathroom tile had been very poorly re-caulked and the tub had chips in it. This is all a shame, as the staff is top-notch and very friendly, and the location is perfect, as I mention above. I hope this property is on Sheraton's list for renovations in the near future.

1  Thank Julie K
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I just returned from my trip and had an awesome time, partly due to my stay at this hotel. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. We asked about areas to shop and explore, the Conceirge was excellent and random staff members who we spoke to had great insight of buses and locations to visit. Every single day the breakfast was scrumptious..im a big breakfast person and not one day was I dissapointed. It is also near the free trolley which you can take and explore the city. It is next to "Cold Stone" icecream store which was great. It is also about a block away from the bus depot where you can catch the 53, T5, T8..etc., bus fare is 75 cents and they run every 45 minutes to an hour. We took the 53 and transfered to the 45 to Pinones and ate at Donde Olga. The bus let us off right in front of the restaurant and when we were done took the bus right back to the hotel (it was a long ride but quiet comfortable). We also took the bus to the beach which was a half hour ride and well worth it. (A taxi would have been $22).The casino on the ground floor was enjoyable and lively. I would definetly stay here the next time I visit Old San Juan and recommend this hotel to others. The ONLY thing I didnt like were the pillows..they were too soft for me, other than that I have no complaints.