2,498 results
All reviewsrooftop poolacross the streetold san juansenor frogscruise shipwithin walking distancefree trolleyburger placeroyal caribbeanhotel is in a great locationupgraded to a suitepre cruiseel morrosmall balconyyour luggagefew blocksrental car
Reviewed November 19, 2008

My friend and I spent one night at the Sheraton Old San Juan. We checked in with no problems around 3:00 pm on a Friday. The staff was VERY friendly and we even got a free upgrade on our room! The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean and modern. We had a small balcony but not a great view. The location of this hotel was great for nightlife and exploring Old San Juan. Just a few block away were a number of bars and clubs, as well are restaurants, shopping, and the historic Fort. We had a great time! I definietly recommend eating at Raices and Puerto Rico Cafe which are only 2 blocks from the hotel. For 20 somethings i recommend the nightlife at Dragon Fly, Marmalade, and MILK. The hotel was also accross the street from the cruise port and most of the guests seemed to be staying at the Sheraton because of its location to the port. I had a great time in Old San Juan and staying at the Sheraton was a great choice. Although the lobby did get VERY crowded when we check out at 11am on Saturday, the staff was very quick and accomidating. the valet was very quick with getting our car. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
5  Thank Nicole W
Reviewed November 17, 2008

We arrived on a Wed at 2:30pm. No problem getting into the room. We had reserved the AAA rate and we were upgrade free of charge. All staff we met were very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean. We were on the 8th floor and the hallways were very musty. The pool is small. The view from the pool area is fantastic. The hot tub was only lukewarm. The location of the hotel can not be beat. You can walk across the street for a free shuttle around OSJ. There is a Harley Davidson clothing store in the Sheraton shopping complex next door. I would stay here again.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank campriley
Reviewed November 16, 2008

Convienience is king . Location , location , location!
Pre or post cruisers , This is the most convenient place to stay. After walking off the cruise ship, across the street you can leave your luggage t as you wait for the afternoon check in so you can walk around and explore Old San Juan . Bi-lingual ,Friendly , helpfull front desk , even as the front lobby was mobbed with cruisers , luggage , you name it . Porters did a great job with our luggage!
The rooms were alittle musty upon check-in , bathroom door was installed backwards , shower nozzle dows have a few leaks , a little pricey as well . A little less than one would expect from a Sheraton in the states .
After considering other places to stay , you'll end up in the heart of Old San Juan anyway , so just stay there avoid taking taxi's and buses . Hard Rock Cafe & Senor Frogs & tons of things all within walking distance. Sheraton is a good base to work from.

5  Thank iloveitloud71m
Reviewed November 14, 2008

Booked this hotel through Hotwire many months before and got a great deal - however, it may not have been worth it for the aggravation suffered.

We arrived here on a Sunday afternoon around 1:20. The line was already horrendous but the worst was still to come! There were 3 cruise ships disembarking in San Juan this day and the Sheraton OSJ was in no position to accept the incoming guests.

Pre-registration was done and we were told they "start giving out keys" at 3 PM. We moved to the restaurant Chicago Burger and had a decent lunch while we waited. Food was good - service was a little slow.

At 2:50 we got back in the dreaded line and were told rooms were not ready. OK - wait some more - at 3:30 we are back in line and once we reach the desk we are told "Nope - still no rooms". I very calmly said that was fine - I would wait at the desk til one was ready, as I was not going through that line once more!
They told me I could not wait at the desk and since I refused to move they did call security! Fine - he stood behind me but I did succeed in getting one of our 2 rooms. The very rude front desk staff did promise our luggage would be brought to the room and another room key would be delivered within 10 minutes....whatever....they just wanted me away from the desk so we all got our wishes.

The security guard did promise my husband that he would stay on it and true to his word we had our luggage and another room within 10 minutes.

Our room was on the 9th floor - near the roof top pool. It was very dark and had the appearance of being clean but I'm not totally sure. The lighting was very poor - not even a lamp on the desk. No closet - just an armoire - that's OK because we're only staying one night. Happy to see an operating safe in the room as I have learned to trust no one! The bathroom was very large but once again I wasn't sure about the cleanliness and thought I saw a bug in the corner - it turned out to be fluff but why was it there in the first place? The bed was very comfortable and we did sleep well.

Enjoyed a nice breakfast in Pallio the next morning - the staff was friendly and the portions were large.

The final insult from the front desk was that they could not - or would not? - make change so we could tip the valet.

We were told the hotel check-in nightmare happens every Sunday so beware - you could spend hours trying to get a room. Other guests told us the hotel has a practice of allowing guests to enjoy a late check out, for a fee, and this is why rooms are not ready at the prescribed check in time. Whether this is true or not I do not know. I only know we will never stay there again no matter what the price.

The location is perfect - the one true plus for this hotel. You can walk anywhere in Old San Juan and the waterfront area. Next time we will stay in the Isla Verde area and take cabs!

5  Thank mollyanne
Reviewed November 1, 2008

I never leave reviews for anything, but since I utilized trip advisor to help me find a place - I thought now would be a good time to return the favor. The Sheraton is hands down an amazing place to stay - I had a phenomenal view overlooking the bay with 2 huge balconies - the service was superb, the staff were the same - I could not have asked for a better stay in Old San Juan. This place is really in a phenomenal location - I walked to everything and pretty much saw all the sights there was to see in Old San Juan (and then some). I ate at a small cafe just behind the hotel called Cafe Berlin - it was AMAZING !!! I also ate at Cafe El Punto - again, AMAZING !!! Also, you MUST try the Pina Coloda's at Barrachina - again, AMAZING !!! What can I say, I was surprised by all the good food I ate and I have a very picky appetite !!! I hope to visit San Juan again in the future and if my travel plans have me in Old San Juan - I will DEF be choosing the Sheraton again !!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business