2,498 results
All reviewsrooftop poolacross the streetold san juansenor frogscruise shipwithin walking distancefree trolleyburger placeroyal caribbeanhotel is in a great locationupgraded to a suitepre cruiseel morrosmall balconyyour luggagefew blocksrental car
Reviewed October 9, 2009

We stayed at the Sheraton San Juan before our Carnival cruise. We had a room overlooking the water where our ship was docked right outside the door. This hotel has a great location for cruise travelers as you do not need a car. Walk to shopping and El Morrow. Free wifi and pc/printer.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2009

My wife and I visited Old San Juan prior to a cruise in September 2009. We chose to stay in the Sheraton Old San Juan due to its close proximity to the cruise ship port and the attractions in Old San Juan. You can literally walk across the street to board the ship. Also all of the attractions in Old San Juan are just a short walk away, very central location! A few years prior, we stayed in the Condado area and found that the taxi fees were quite high to travel back and forth between Condado and Old San Juan daily. The free Old San Juan shuttle bus and trolley system also has stops directly outside the hotel. The rooms themselves are not that great, are in need of renovation and are small. The roof top pool looks great in the pictures, and it is a nice touch, however the pool seems to be much smaller in person. The cost of the room was more expensive than most in the area compared to the value. We justified the extra premium on the cost with the great location.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MSL_Dub
Reviewed August 28, 2009

The female front desk attendants and female front desk supervisors were all sharp toned and unpleasant at all times during my stay.

I reserved a room with a view of the harbor and was told at check in my room had a harbor view. I went to the room, opened the window shades and saw a parking garage in every direction from the window. The room also had a strong mildew/mold smell and large stains on the carpet. I called the front desk about this and was given another room. The new room also had a mildew/mold smell and carpet stains but a view of the harbor. I purchased a can of Lysol spray to help with the smell.

I was in the room one day when housekeeping arrived. I asked the room attendant to let me know when I needed to move to another area of the room so that he could vacuum the carpet. He looked at me as if he had never heard such a request. "Vacuum?" he replied. Yes...vacuum. He vacuumed the room and the sneezing that I had been experiencing for 4 days subsided. Interesting.

On my second night there, I smelled what seemed to be cigarrette smoke in the non-smoking hotel. I opened the door of my room and there was a strong smelled of smoke...from the other type of cigarrettes (not the regular nicotine cigarrettes). "Security" was sent to the floor; however, "security" only stepped off the elevator, made a circle in the hallway, and got back on the elevator.

A tropical storm was scheduled to move in over the island. I went to the front desk to ask about the hotel's procedures during such a situation. The front desk agent, with a sharp tone and much attitude, informed me that the manager was working on a plan. She told me that the manager would contact all of the guests with information...never heard from the manager. The tropical storm (although a tropical depression by that time) moved in the next day.

On some days housekeeping left clean towels, on other days they left no towels. I checked all towels before use because the towels had stains more times than not.

The hotel restaurant (Palio) staff were very polite, helpful and accommodating at all times. The lunch and dinner food was very good. The Bellmen were also polite. Internet was free which was very important to me. Pictures of the rooftop pool are deceiving. Also, I was informed (after my stay) that pets are allowed. That I'm sure had something to do with my sneezing (along with no vacuuming).

If you're interested in accruing the most reward points possible...stay with another hotel chain.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank TSTex
Reviewed August 15, 2009

I was born and raised in San Juan, PR. 40 years ago I left the city to go to college in the western part of the island (3 hours trip) and stayed there. My last trip to old San Juan was 10 years ago. I took a weekend break and reserved at Sheraton Old San Juan. Boy that was the best decision I’ve made in recent years. The hotel staff was very friendly, special note on Yaira, she was very kind and helpful. The assistant front desk Manager, Mr. Ramon Martinez, was also very helpful; especially on a problem I had with the reservation. The rooms were not too big but to be honest you don’t need a football field to have a good time. I’ll be back!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank00680
Reviewed August 14, 2009

This hotel is very convenient if you visiting San Juan for a night or two. It's located in old San Juan near several cruise ship piers. We stayed for two nights so we could tour Old San Juan. The hotel itself is very comfortable (4 or 5 star quality). The room we had didn't have much of a view but the price was right. The hotel is close to all kinds of restaurants and we even found local entertainment one night down by the water. We visited both of the old forts nearby and walked all around the old town area. The hotel has internet access in the lobby which was great for airline check in. There is also a casino in the lobby - it was sort of fun to watch. We did visit the rooftop pool - kind of small but very refreshing and relaxing after a hot day of sightseeing. All in all a very very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family