2,498 results
All reviewsrooftop poolacross the streetold san juansenor frogscruise shipwithin walking distancefree trolleyburger placeroyal caribbeanhotel is in a great locationupgraded to a suitepre cruiseel morrosmall balconyyour luggagefew blocksrental car
Reviewed August 9, 2017

The rooms are OK. My son thought the mattresses felt rubbery. And noisy! The walls must be paper thin. You could hear every conversation in the hallway and they were evidently working on something below us (the 3rd) floor because I thought a hammer was going to come through the floor. And some kind of car horn alarm that goes off every 30 min. The elevator is small and doesn't have much air circulation so after morning the elevator smells of sweat & BO. We ate at the restaurant. The food was good (if a bit pricey) but the staff wasn't friendly. The deepest part of the pool is about 4 feet deep. I'll try somewhere else if I go back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Melanie B
Armando E, Director of Sales at Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear guest,
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We sincerely regret not meeting all of your expectations. We have been running full all summer and although installed "Quiet" signs in the hallways, it may get noisy depending on guest traffic. We will certainly share your comments with the department heads to discuss in their upcoming meetings.

Reviewed August 3, 2017

This is a beautiful hotel in the heart of Old San Juan section of Puerto Rico. My wife and I were there to start our vacation. Spent the night and was on a 7 day cruise that started the next day. Upon arrival there was a heavy overcast and we could tell it was going to rain! AT dinner time it was pouring down rain, so we just stayed in and had dinner in the hotel restaurant. They had some of the best steaks. We went back upstairs and retired for the evening and got some much needed rest. Next morning enjoyed the buffet breakfast before catching a cab over to the Pan American Pier to enjoy the cruise. Next time we're in San Juan we'll be staying at this location.

Room Tip: We were near the elevator, busy hotel because others were there as well that was on the cruise.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

This is a true story!!!! Last night I had my honeymoon night. Booked at an Old SJU boutique hotel that promise the moon to my girlfriend (now wife) she was amazed by the pictures. We had our weeding in a beautiful hacienda in Aguas Buenas about an hour from Old San Juan. Imagine how tired we were after the weeding. We arrive at this boutique room was ugly, badly clean, and in the bathroom there were mold. Wao!!!!! what should the husband do my newly wife was fourious as a local I knew about the Sheraton in front of the bay. I called sitting in the bed of this nightmare room a great guy who I think is one of the managers Mr.Javier answer the call. As calmy as I could I explain my situation he was kind, understanding an very helpful. After I gave a piece of my mind to the horror hotel manager we went as calm as we could to the Sheraton Old San Juan hotel. We arrive the manager ess outside helping a women at the valet I recognize his voice and present myself. He not only gave us a room but he gave us a fair price for our bay view room. Today we went to the front desk and Mrs. Julia Millan treat us like royalty she called Mr. Javier home and got us a special rate so we could stay one more night. You save our honeymoon we wil be forever grateful.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank hrauffant
Reviewed July 24, 2017

This isn't the area for partying but definitely a great location for food. With a Walgreens right downstairs it's very convenient. The room was clean and the view of the water with the cruises docking was very cool.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Neemie5
Reviewed July 23, 2017

This hotel had impeccable service for our whole trip. Everytime we walked in or out of the lobby area we were greeted warmly by the door men and desk personnel. The hotel had all the modern amenities one would require and was conveniently located close to many attractions in Old San Juan. The next time we come to San Juan we will use this hotel as our base of operations.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family