“Best Bakery in San Juan, Puerto Rico”

Panaderia Espana Reposteria
Ranked #12 of 991 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since our beginning in 1972 we strived to provide the best products to our new clients as well as to those that visit us on a regular basis. Even those travelers that during their brief stay in Puerto Rico, step out of the airport and visit us just to have a taste of the wonderfull things that they have heard of “La España”. Our menu is one that holds and respects an enormous tradition. From our daily baked bread to our coffee served hot every time. From our sandwiches made with the best products to that pastry that melts in your mouth. From that exquisite seafood paella, to that our very traditional galician soup. Many recepies come from past genetations and others we have given a personal twist, this way offering a unique product to those that enjoy our delicious variety. Our passion for quality is what drives us. We are in a constant lookout for better ingredients and products so we can always guarantee our best to every customer.
“Best Bakery in San Juan, Puerto Rico”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I go to PR every three months and at least two times during my trip I will eat in this bakery. Excellent, clean, Food is delicious. You can find any kind of food all day. It is few minutes from the San Juan airport.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Aidita's C

Jacksonville, Florida
“Best everything....bakery or lunch. Best coffee.”
Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

Best of best... You can have a coffee or paella or octopus. If you want fancy go somewhere else. If you want to eat excellent come to this place. Pastries are to die for. I am from Puerto Rico and I know best:)

1 Thank Doris F
San Francisco, California
“I could eat there more than once a day!”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

As a frequent traveler to Puerto Rico, there is never a time that we do not visit Espana. Every morning for the café con leche, mallorca and the croquettas. The Cuban and Media Noche sandwiches are delicious as well as the tembleque. I wish I was there right now!

• Visited September 2011
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
“Very nice Coconut Flan”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I spent the day on Puerto Rico to run some errands. One of the ladies at my job loves flan, so she asked me whether I could bring a flan back with me from Puerto Rico from her. We went up online to see who makes flan, and based on the pictures on their web site. The pictures of the their range of flan on their site look so delicious.

So, on my way to the airport, I stopped and bought a whole coconut flan for $14. It came in a foil pan and a plastic cover. They also, like other bakeries in Puerto Rico, provided a plastic serving knife, which came in handy, and they provided us with several disposable plates, for which we were greatful because we didn't have any at work.

This morning, I gave the flan to my co-worker, and she asked me to cut a couple slices for us to taste. The flan is very delicious. The texture is just right, neither too soft nor hard. It also is not cloyingly sweet, and every time you take a bite, you get some of the cococut, which is at the bottom. Their flan is very good, and actually it's the best I've tasted, so far.

I had a slice of flan several weeks ago from a restaurant in Condado, and Panaderia Espana's flan is several times better. So, I am happy I was able to taste this flan. I certainly will be visiting them again for more flan and to taste their other offerings.

• Visited August 2012
“Nice sandwiches”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I Love this place you can get good sandwiches to take to the beach or eat there , menu is confusing at first , just ask for help they are very friendly I recommend the Cuban Sandwich, if you get there early enough they have good oatmeal they also have good coffee all day

• Visited March 2012