“Outstanding Panaderia...Trust the reviews!”

Panaderia Espana Reposteria
Ranked #1 of 9 Quick Bites in San Juan
Cuisines: Deli, Spanish, Wine Bar, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Since our beginning in 1972 we strived to provide the best products to our new clients as well as to those that visit us on a regular basis. Even those travelers that during their brief stay in Puerto Rico, step out of the airport and visit us just to have a taste of the wonderfull things that they have heard of “La España”. Our menu is one that holds and respects an enormous tradition. From our daily baked bread to our coffee served hot every time. From our sandwiches made with the best products to that pastry that melts in your mouth. From that exquisite seafood paella, to that our very traditional galician soup. Many recepies come from past genetations and others we have given a personal twist, this way offering a unique product to those that enjoy our delicious variety. Our passion for quality is what drives us. We are in a constant lookout for better ingredients and products so we can always guarantee our best to every customer.
Reviewed August 31, 2018

My family and I visited in the month of August and were lucky enough to be staying just a few blocks away from this panaderia. We were there for a week and stopped by every single day, some times for breakfast, other times for coffee and dessert. Everytime we tried something new and left satisfied. I loved all the empanadas and appetizers, my husband was over the moon with all their desserts (sooo many to choose from) and my little brother was happy he could get "American breakfast" (eggs, bacon, pot & toast). It's not just a bakery...You can also buy deli meats here and they serve food all day long, you'll find people go there at night also to drink wine. Please note, You have to walk up to the counter to order and wait for the food too, they don't bring it to the table.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

A convenient spot to go to if you are staying on Isla Verde. The baked goods are nicely displayed which makes it even more difficult to choose because they all look so tasty. The only issue I had was that the items are marked up 100% more. I guess it is all about location. The fact they are in the touristy part of the island allows you to mark up. Overall it is good but I have had better in other parts of the Island.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We visit this place often when we are in the Isla Verde beach area. Great for breakfast and a quick snack

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Team!! This is the one that I liked for a great sandwich or full meal!! Flavor is awesome. Try the PAELLA, octopus salad, potato salad, Cuban sandwiches, etc. Before you go to the airport, stop and taste this delicious place!!! VIVA ESPAÑA!!!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I see this place every time we drive by, and have heard great things about it, so finally decided to give it a try.

It is three quarters bakery and one quarter restaurant and we have not yet tried the bakery side at all.

We went in for a late breakfast or early lunch and quickly gravitated to lunch when I saw the seafood paella. I got the seafood paella and Isabel ordered a BLT.

The food looked great when we got it but that was as far as the happiness went. My paella marinera, which was the most expensive single item on the menu, absolutely did not deliver on what I expected based on appearance, and what they should be delivering based on cost. The rice and seafood were dry, some pieces of seafood actually dry to the point of being rubbery. I just got drawn in by the look of it and should have known better that to get paella from under a heat lamp.

The BLT looked great and was made with one of the local breads which are all great. Unfortunately the thick-cut bacon was significantly undercooked and became an unchewable blob in my mouth when I took a bite.

We did not enjoy or finish either of our meals, so at the moment Panadería España is off of our list.

Date of visit: July 2018