All reviews old san juan minute walk across the street walmart miramar
Reviewed November 8, 2012

What an amazing time. I love the Palace! Everybody was cool and Nick definatelly made our stay entertaining. I can't believe you guys have a Pilot at a hostel in the Caribbean. I'm definatelly coming back when he starts doing flying tours if the islands. What a great concept! A hostel in the islands with an airplane. You guys are genius. Good luck Nick!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Joeschmoeman
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Missed my flight and had to stay in PR for a night. Asked the airport taxi to take me to a hostel. I ended up at The Palace and was greeted by Shannon and Chris. They treated me like an old friend. The room and bathrooms are typical hostel style. Everything was clean and organized. I would reccomend this place to anyone looking to meet new people or need information about the island.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The Palace Hostel is Definately one of my favorites! It's not a far walking distance from all of the good things to see. You can walk to the beaches or Old San Juan.
The Staff are Amazing. Shannon and Chris were really helpful with navigating around the area, Moe was helpful with my Spanish translations, Billy is just a sweetheart and Nick is one of the coolest guys I've ever met. He showed me around and made my stay here a million times better. I wIsh I could bring him with me on the rest of my travels to keep me company!
Overall, it was one of the best Hostel atmospheres I've had the pleasure of enjoying. All the guests came together and we had lots of fun hanging out in all the common areas. It's like one big happy family. I wouldn't recommend staying anywhere else. (trust me I've tried the other hostels in San Juan!)

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The place in itself is pretty basic. The atmospehere is fun and very, very laid back. The room we rented which was a private with a bunk bed was right next to the bathroom. The place isn't too crowded or noisy maybe because we there during off season. The staff was really nice and helpful. Brittany, Jeff and Justin were really nice and willing to share info that can be very helpful. Type of place where if you're in, its much more fun around other guests or be it just a place to dump your stuff while you enjoy the city. Would most likely come stay here if I ever get a chance to visit PR again.

Room Tip: make sure you have a mosquito repellant spray as room can sometimes have mosquits. we didnt get any bits though but pruchased one just to be safe.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We came here on our way to a 3 month journey working in the rainforest and this was our very first time in Puerto Rico. We didn't know what to expect at this hostel and ended up having an awesome time! The atmosphere and people are really what make this a great hostel to stay in. The staff are super friendly, knowledgable on the area and genuinely want to make sure guests have a good time. Shannon and everyone there are great and made sure we had some very fun nights in the area.

The hostel itself is a cool old building with good kitchen facilities. The rooms have everything you need, our private room even had a mini fridge!

Do bring bug spray though, those mosquitos will get you (as they will anywhere in San Juan).

Overall a great place to stay if you want a fun relaxed atmosphere and to make friends!

Thanks guys for everything!!! :)
- Kim and Reid