“It's ok for the money”

Ranked #31 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
SLC, UT
“It's ok for the money”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed two nights at this Comfort Inn. It is not the newest or nicest hotel in San Jaun by any means but for the price it was ok. We needed a place to stay before we shipped out on our cruise and did not want to pay a lot of money. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. There was a fridge and microwave and a living room area that worked out really well for us. The beds were amazingly comfortable and we slept very well. The bathroom was a little ghetto and it was impossible to shower without water spilling out on the counter and floor. The furniture was also little dirty. But overall it worked out ok.
The elevators are a little scary and need updating.. I was just waiting for them to get stuck between floors.
The breakfast in the morning was pretty good.
If you want a place to go swimming this is definitely not a place you want to stay. The pool is very small.
The location is good as It is close to many restaurants and shops. It is also a short walk to the beach.
The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank heart2go210

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Lexington
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This is not a good choice. I only wanted 2 things from my stay: sun by the pool, and internet in the room. The pool area is so small that the chairs don't even recline, and the area is in the shade all day because of the tall buildings all around it. And the internet only works in the lobby, even though they say it works in the rooms. Even for the price this is pretty disappointing - I thought there was sun everywhere in San Juan, but not here! The only redeeming feature is that the beach is only 2 blocks away (take $5 for a beach chair, though!) The price is right but nothing else is!

Room Tip: All the rooms just have views of surrounding buildings
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Susan C
Ontario
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Let me start by saying I was not to happy to go on this trip, but when I arrived I was Blown away. I mean I read the reviews and I couldn't believe them it was a complete opposite of what I had read. The Lobby it was not like that years ago, the rooms were big and the service was "Great" Im a choice member and the way alfredo guided me and advised me of the local places to go I had to give this guy a tip so I handed him some points Thanks Alfredo. the guy Jose was just as polite, dave the night man was knew very well of restuarants nearby. the Hotel actually made the trip worth my while . I mean I really fell in love with this trip before and after the cruise I can't wait to plan my next trip, my wife and I are planning another cruise and our new location is Comfort Inn the swimming pool was really great and the breakfast self explanitory it even had the newspaper, I learned a little spanish "Hola" lol ....so if you plan to take a trip consider this hideaway a keeper it will be my little seceret.

Room Tip: The suites are great you are really getting your money's worth.Complete privacy and on the tiped...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Craig J
Layton, Utah
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Staff was very helpful in getting us a great tour of the El Yunque rainforest. Rooms were very clean and breakfast was good.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
St. Charles Missouri
Reviewed 12 January 2012

My stay at the Comfort Inn in San Juan was not nearly as good as a couple of years ago. The one elevator was scary. When I stepped into it, it went down a few inches and then was very jerky and noisy on the way up. The next day, they had hand written signs saying “Do Not Exceed 4 People”. That is not comforting to see, would if 4 large people get on there and how do they know to limit it is 4 and not 3 people? If it needs repair, close it down and get it fixed.

My first night, I did not have hot water and I needed to shower to go out. I told the front desk and the next day, same thing. It ended up that the shower control was very touchy and had to be placed just right for the water to be hot. I am sure I was not the first to complain, so fix it.

The worst was being rudely interrupted twice by the woman at the front desk. I had a question and before I could finish, she is cutting me off. Very rude and unacceptable.

I believe the hotel is under new ownership or management, and they better figure it out or business is going to go down hill. I’ll give it one more try because I get free nights with Choice Privilege Points and they have smoking rooms. But if it is like these again, I am done.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Placitas, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Our room was clean, which to us is the most important part. And the bed was comfortable. The location of the hotel is convenient to the hotels and casinos in the Condado area as well as to the bus line to Old San Juan. But overall, the hotel is a bit worn and pretty spartan. I'll assume that the problem with our room's air conditioner was a fluke. It's mounted high up in the wall, right above the flat-screen TV and and electrical outlet. No matter how low we'd set the temperature, the air conditioner would drip water onto the floor, furniture, and in the area around the outlet. No damage was done but it was a little unnerving. The continental breakfast is basic; really basic. We stayed two nights and it worked out OK for sightseeing one day and embarking on a cruise the next. If you're simply looking for a clean place to sleep, the Comfort Inn will do.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 10 November 2011

October 26-29, 2011. We chose this hotel based on price and Choice Reward points. It's about a block from the beach, which was beautiful. It is close to a bus stop, and down the street from two car rental agencies. Though we didn't spend much time in the Condado area, it felt safe and had plenty of restaurants and people out and about all the time. The room was awesome. There were three of us, and we were upgraded to the suite that had two rooms, each with a king-sized bed. Very very nice to have plenty of room to spread out. The morning breakfast was also sufficient and well-kept. We stayed there for three nights before our cruise and were quite pleased. The staff also was helpful. I don't care if it doesn't look like a brand new five-star hotel. It worked great for us.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family